Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JaMarcus Russell anyone? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: December 01, 2006, 12:00:12 AM

People that have seen him in pratice have confirmed he doesn't have any real probelms with deep balls,

MJS, I respect your football opinion but WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? People in practice? What does he do, jump in a telephone booth at practice and turn into Superman? I have seen him throw a football, short, deep, many of them. He doesnt throw well. He doesnt throw a NFL deep ball, and his accuracy is all together average at best. WHat does practice have to do with anything. Doy ou not watch teh games and assess a players abilities that way? You mine as well read a box score to judge a guy. Its no good. Pointless. I watch him play, I completely agree with Ray. He doenst throw a  good football. Combine him with SImms and we have something.

His errandt passes have nothing to do with defensive schemes. He cant get a pass form point A to point B

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 30, 2006, 11:57:51 PM

Lets see a Auburn, FSU, and Florida fan are pimping Russell. Soerry ADW but no bias here

I like him, and wouldn't mind seeing him in Tampa, but not for a top seven pick.  Now if we could trade down a little and get and extra 2nd round pick, that would be a lot more paletable.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#2 : November 30, 2006, 11:57:33 PM

Me, I could care less.  I am not biased at all.  I don't care if the guy is from Georgia if he helps the Bucs win games I am all for it.  Some of my favorite Bucs are guys liek Brooks (FSU) and Sapp (Miami) who are from rival schools yet I pull for them because once they leave that college they are BUCS.  If Bruce displayed ability to lead this team into the future and give us what we need I would have no problem with it.  But he hasn't shown me anything.  I was harsh at first and maybe too harsh, and backed off and waited and the last game or 2 has further shown me he is not the guy.  I am sorry but you can't teach what he lacks.  He has no deep ball, or even an intermediate ball.  We could have been right in that Dallas game and even change dthe whole game by taking a big early lead if Bruce hits some open passes but he failed.  The guy has it all, except an NFL arm.  Reminds me of Danny W in that sense.  Has everything it takes, just not a big enough arm to be successful at this level.  Definitely not enough to help us win games with this team.  Now throw him on the Bucs of mid nineties to early 2000's, and maybe he can win.  But now, no way.  We need a guy who can take over games and win without much help, and he cannot do that.

People that have seen him in pratice have confirmed he doesn't have any real probelms with deep balls, and his arm strength is fine.  He is definitely struggling with accuracy on deep balls, but it isn't anything to do with arm strength because the passes that he is missing are only 25-30 yards.

It is funny how some people KNOW he has no chance of being a NFL starter, yet Hackett and Gruden keep putting him out there each week   He might fall by the wayside and the deep ball could be his downfall, but for now we have to trust the coaches.

Come on now, what other choice do they have at this point?

Rattay who Gruden OBVIOUSLY dislikes?

Or McCown who is shortly removed from knee surgery?

LOL.

Your man crush on Grads appears to be dwindling a bit but I guess it will take a few more games like the Cowboys disaster for you to truly understand.

I had the unfortunate luck of experiencing that first hand.  It was awful.  Grads single handedly kept us out of that game early on.  We had a chance to stay in it, build a lead, keep it close, and win.  Instead we got blown out.  If Grads hits a few OPEN passes we have a 21-7 lead.  Instead we go down early and lose 38-10.  

#3 : November 30, 2006, 11:55:29 PM

Lets see a Auburn, FSU, and Florida fan are pimping Russell. Soerry ADW but no bias here

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 30, 2006, 11:53:21 PM

Me, I could care less.  I am not biased at all.  I don't care if the guy is from Georgia if he helps the Bucs win games I am all for it.  Some of my favorite Bucs are guys liek Brooks (FSU) and Sapp (Miami) who are from rival schools yet I pull for them because once they leave that college they are BUCS.  If Bruce displayed ability to lead this team into the future and give us what we need I would have no problem with it.  But he hasn't shown me anything.  I was harsh at first and maybe too harsh, and backed off and waited and the last game or 2 has further shown me he is not the guy.  I am sorry but you can't teach what he lacks.  He has no deep ball, or even an intermediate ball.  We could have been right in that Dallas game and even change dthe whole game by taking a big early lead if Bruce hits some open passes but he failed.  The guy has it all, except an NFL arm.  Reminds me of Danny W in that sense.  Has everything it takes, just not a big enough arm to be successful at this level.  Definitely not enough to help us win games with this team.  Now throw him on the Bucs of mid nineties to early 2000's, and maybe he can win.  But now, no way.  We need a guy who can take over games and win without much help, and he cannot do that.

People that have seen him in pratice have confirmed he doesn't have any real probelms with deep balls, and his arm strength is fine.  He is definitely struggling with accuracy on deep balls, but it isn't anything to do with arm strength because the passes that he is missing are only 25-30 yards.

It is funny how some people KNOW he has no chance of being a NFL starter, yet Hackett and Gruden keep putting him out there each week   He might fall by the wayside and the deep ball could be his downfall, but for now we have to trust the coaches.

#5 : November 30, 2006, 11:51:41 PM

what...I didn't mean you by saying your biased, I meant WDE

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#6 : November 30, 2006, 11:51:11 PM

not you Ray...

If you read what I post, then you would see.....

But you obviously don't if you say that.

Whatever.

Now I know why I have been steering away from here recently.

#7 : November 30, 2006, 11:50:03 PM

not you Ray...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 30, 2006, 11:47:19 PM

Not biased?  :D

Florida....Gators.... :P

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : November 30, 2006, 11:49:46 PM

Not biased? :D

Florida....Gators.... :P

YEAH, I am biased.  That is why I am saying we should draft a guy from LSU....   ::)

That is why I said my favorites were from FSU and MIami  ::)

That is why I basically joshed Danny W, the greatest Gator ever, when comparing him to Grads.....   ::)

Yeah, I am biased....

You'd think I said let's draft Leak.......

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#10 : November 30, 2006, 11:44:31 PM

After the Dallas game I think it is even more clear Bruce is not the guy we need. You can't blame his piss poor accuracy on being a rookie. If he makes a bad read, ok, rookie mistake. But consistently missing/under throwing/ overthrowing wide open WR is NOT a rookie mistake. It's called not being a good QB.

That makes zero sense.

It seemed pretty crystal clear to me...
we're the same guy calling for his head after his first two games...I'm sure your not biased at all

Me, I could care less.  I am not biased at all.  I don't care if the guy is from Georgia if he helps the Bucs win games I am all for it.  Some of my favorite Bucs are guys liek Brooks (FSU) and Sapp (Miami) who are from rival schools yet I pull for them because once they leave that college they are BUCS.  If Bruce displayed ability to lead this team into the future and give us what we need I would have no problem with it.  But he hasn't shown me anything.  I was harsh at first and maybe too harsh, and backed off and waited and the last game or 2 has further shown me he is not the guy.  I am sorry but you can't teach what he lacks.  He has no deep ball, or even an intermediate ball.  We could have been right in that Dallas game and even change dthe whole game by taking a big early lead if Bruce hits some open passes but he failed.  The guy has it all, except an NFL arm.  Reminds me of Danny W in that sense.  Has everything it takes, just not a big enough arm to be successful at this level.  Definitely not enough to help us win games with this team.  Now throw him on the Bucs of mid nineties to early 2000's, and maybe he can win.  But now, no way.  We need a guy who can take over games and win without much help, and he cannot do that.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : November 30, 2006, 11:39:03 PM

After the Dallas game I think it is even more clear Bruce is not the guy we need. You can't blame his piss poor accuracy on being a rookie. If he makes a bad read, ok, rookie mistake. But consistently missing/under throwing/ overthrowing wide open WR is NOT a rookie mistake. It's called not being a good QB.

That makes zero sense.

Ok, why not?  What is not clear about what I said?

The guy can't throw a deep ball, period.  He constantly misses WIDE OPEN WR.

It's not like he is making bad reads with the defensive coverage.  Gruden is calling play,s guys (Galloway especially) are getting open, and Grads misses them consistently.  It's not like defenses are confusing him (as happens to rookies) and he is missing plays.  If that were the case I would say, ok, the guy is a rookie he is going to miss open looks.  He does that at times but that is not what I am talking about.  I am talking about all the times where guys are running wide open and he either A. Misses them short B. Misses them long or C. Hits them but it's so far behind they don't get any YAC.  That is not from himbeing a rookie it is from him being a poor passer when it is anything other than a short/dump pass.  I don't think that is something you can get better at.  You either have the arm or you don't.  I don't think Grads has shown he does.  Put his brain and intangibles in Simms and we have something.  But we can't do that.  We need a franchise QB here.  Grads is not that, and never will be.  Now that out Defense is no longer capable of winning games for us we need a QB who can carry us, and while Bruce may be able to manage games decently he isn't going to win many with his arm.  Get out of denial and you will see the same.  It is time to rebuild, regroup, and it starts with the QB.  We need to get a guy in here who MAYBE can carry us, MAYBE can be that franchise guy who can win games despite other shortcomings......

#12 : November 30, 2006, 11:38:39 PM

That makes zero sense.

you're the same guy calling for his head after his first two games...I'm sure your not biased at all

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 30, 2006, 11:35:48 PM

That makes zero sense.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

#14 : November 30, 2006, 11:33:45 PM

I don't really care what Mocks say or anything, but here is my assessment from a couple weeks ago on the CFB board:

He is a Big guy, kind of reminds me of Daunte Culpepper with his size. He has good arm strength and seems to throw the ball with some zip with very little effort. I think he can make all the throws, has good touch when needed but can also put heat on it and get it in there fast when the situation calls. I think he also has a fast release to go with his height, which would mean less batted balls IMO. He has good pocket presence, and is not afraid to stand in the pocket and take a big hit to deliver the ball. He is mobile enough to move around or outside the pocket and still make good throws. He seems to be a good decision maker as well, knows when to throw and when to pull it down. But he is a pass first, then run type of QB. When he does run, at about 6' 6 260 he is hard to bring down. Most importantly I think the guy is a leader and doesn't get flustered by the occasional mistake.

I would be happy with the pick. After the Dallas game I think it is even more clear Bruce is not the guy we need. You can't blame his piss poor accuracy on being a rookie. If he makes a bad read, ok, rookie mistake. But consistently missing/under throwing/ overthrowing wide open WR is NOT a rookie mistake. It's called not being a good QB.

COuldnt agree more with Ray. Usually do agree with Ray. About Russell and Gradkowksi. It makes perfect sense. Ive been all over Gradkowskis deep accuracy since the beginning but Im not too sure he even has short to intermediate accuracy. Definitely not as good of accuracy as Simms in any of the 3 ranges (short, intermediate, deep).

Russell has it all, and I agree iwth Bradentonian that the Rose Bowl will go a long way as will the combine and workouts
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JaMarcus Russell anyone? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools