Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JaMarcus Russell anyone? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #30 : December 01, 2006, 12:03:50 AM »

Russell is OVERRATED! Why is it whenever he has been injured the last few years they have had an even better offensive production?

Is this a serious post?

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #31 : December 01, 2006, 12:01:19 AM »

Russell is OVERRATED! Why is it whenever he has been injured the last few years they have had an even better offensive production?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #32 : December 01, 2006, 12:17:39 AM »

People that have seen him in pratice have confirmed he doesn't have any real probelms with deep balls,

MJS, I respect your football opinion but WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? People in practice? What does he do, jump in a telephone booth at practice and turn into Superman? I have seen him throw a football, short, deep, many of them. He doesnt throw well. He doesnt throw a NFL deep ball, and his accuracy is all together average at best. WHat does practice have to do with anything. Doy ou not watch teh games and assess a players abilities that way? You mine as well read a box score to judge a guy. Its no good. Pointless. I watch him play, I completely agree with Ray. He doenst throw a  good football. Combine him with SImms and we have something.

His errandt passes have nothing to do with defensive schemes. He cant get a pass form point A to point B

Well you must have selective memory then.  He threw some decent passes with plenty of zip in his first game, and managed to hit his WRs on the hands with three deep balls in the Meadowlands.  There have been a few other intermediate passes that were on the money with plenty of zip, but he is struggling with accuracy.  Despite struggling he is still putting up better than average rookie numbers in terms of pass completion percentage and TD:INT.

Some people just want to declare him a bust, others want to see what plays out.  We can worry about the QB position at the start of FA, but for now you just have to hope he gets better.

Can you honestly say that in the Cowboys game he did NOT miss several open passes in the beginning of the game that could have changed the entire outlook?

What more do you need to see?  This wasn't the first time.  He has done this time after time.  Sure he FINALLY hits a decent pass every so often, but more often than not the guy completely misses open WR.  More often than not when he actually hits a WR he hits them behind where they don't get any YAC.  It is sick to watch.  I don't know what the guy has done to have you on his jock so much, but watching him play it just doesn't make sense.  He does some good things but he has had enough time to show if he has an NFL arm or not, and he doesn't.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #33 : December 01, 2006, 12:22:20 AM »

Who in the HELL wants to see ANOTHER rookie???  Gruden & Allen don't have that long to get another rookie going & win games before they are out on their keisters!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #34 : December 01, 2006, 12:25:01 AM »

I love the scouting report saying Bruce has played as well as can be expected from a 6th round rookie! He's played as good as most first round rookies have played. I think Young and Leinart would trade stats with him in a heartbeat and they arguably have better offensive talent around them.

I don't argue he has played as well as or better than expected.  I don't even argue that he has outplayed his fellow QB draftees.  What I argue is there is a REASON why they were #1 picks.  There is a REASON why Bruce was only offered ONE D1 scholarship, by a school like Toledo.  It is becoming clear.  The guy can't hit a intermediate/deep pass on a consistent basis, period.  Those guys have unlimited potential, and have proven themselves at a big time level in college.  Bruce hasn't, and in the NFL has managed well but has shown nothing more than the reasons why he was chosen late and not offered anything by anyone other than Toledo.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #35 : December 01, 2006, 12:26:43 AM »

Can you honestly say that in the Cowboys game he did NOT miss several open passes in the beginning of the game that could have changed the entire outlook?

It was two passes, one intercepted and one tipped when Joey was in the endzone.  On the interception he was actually pressured just before he released the ball and couldn't step up into the throw (that was Gruden's account BTW).  On the 2nd one he released the ball a fraction of a second late and the safety tipped the ball.  Sure he could have made two passes for TDs.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #36 : December 01, 2006, 12:27:30 AM »

Who in the HELL wants to see ANOTHER rookie???  Gruden & Allen don't have that long to get another rookie going & win games before they are out on their keisters!

WOW, Karen making a valid point, there is a first.   ;D

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #37 : December 01, 2006, 12:28:43 AM »

I don't necessarily want to see another rookie START next year but what I would like to see is a rookie like Russell/Quinn drafted round 1 next year, have Grads/Simms/X start next year, maybe the year after, and then have the rookie come in.

Let's face it, whoever we draft round 1 next year isn't going to make us an instant contender.  So even without drafting a QB, we start Grads/Simms/X, and whoever we take round 1 isn't making us a championship team.  I say we draft a QB, let Grads/Simms/X battle it out, let him learn, build the team, and bring him in within a year or 2.  

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #38 : December 01, 2006, 12:31:19 AM »

Congrats, Karen!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #39 : December 01, 2006, 12:31:55 AM »

It was two passes, one intercepted and one tipped when Joey was in the endzone.  On the interception he was actually pressured just before he released the ball and couldn't step up into the throw (that was Gruden's account BTW).  On the 2nd one he released the ball a fraction of a second late and the safety tipped the ball.  Sure he could have made two passes for TDs.

LOL.  I love your edits.

Anyway, say what you want about stats, etc.  I see what I see.  He has been terrible passing anywhere obver 10 yards, maybe even less.  I don't care what his numbers say.  Missing 3-4 passes a game which could be sure TD's does not make a good QB.  Missing potential game changing passes does not make a good QB.  Even when he completes passes, throwing them so far behind that the WR cannot run after the catch does not make a good QB.  Bruce needs to hire you as his PR guy.  Because you pimp him far more than anyone should.....

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #40 : December 01, 2006, 12:32:01 AM »

I say we draft a QB, let Grads/Simms/X battle it out, let him learn, build the team, and bring him in within a year or 2.  

I have no problems with that plan, but Simms will be gone.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #41 : December 01, 2006, 12:33:58 AM »

I say we draft a QB, let Grads/Simms/X battle it out, let him learn, build the team, and bring him in within a year or 2. 

I have no problems with that plan, but Simms will be gone.

That is fine if Simms is gone.  That is why I said let Grads/Simms/X battle it out.

You have any 2 of those guys 1-2, have your rookie be 3rd string, learn, and see what happens.

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #42 : December 01, 2006, 12:35:30 AM »

I like Grads and think he can be our starter for a long time, but I truly don't care who the starter is as long as we win and we feel like he can lead us to another Super Bowl. This is where I disagree with the Simms lovers, they refuse to believe that anyone else can be the QB, and as long as Simms is on the team they won't like anyone.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #43 : December 01, 2006, 12:36:03 AM »

LOL.  I love your edits.

Anyway, say what you want about stats, etc.  I see what I see.  He has been terrible passing anywhere obver 10 yards, maybe even less.  I don't care what his numbers say.  Missing 3-4 passes a game which could be sure TD's does not make a good QB.  Missing potential game changing passes does not make a good QB.  Even when he completes passes, throwing them so far behind that the WR cannot run after the catch does not make a good QB.  Bruce needs to hire you as his PR guy.  Because you pimp him far more than anyone should.....

I refuse to bash a rookie QB during the season.  Once the season is over we can judge him on 13 games and see if there is any potential there.........if not we move on and hopefully get better.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #44 : December 01, 2006, 12:37:09 AM »

I like Grads and think he can be our starter for a long time, but I truly don't care who the starter is as long as we win and we feel like he can lead us to another Super Bowl. This is where I disagree with the Simms lovers, they refuse to believe that anyone else can be the QB, and as long as Simms is on the team they won't like anyone.

If grads is going to be a starter for a long time be prepared for many losing seasons.  We no longer have a defense where a medicore QB can win games.  We need a QB here who can carry this team.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: JaMarcus Russell anyone? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools