Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Team In College Football? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#150 : November 12, 2007, 08:32:49 AM

HOUSTON>Notre Dame
FRESNO ST.>Notre Dame
WASH. ST>Notre Dame
WASH>Notre Dame
OREG. ST.>Notre Dame
ARIZONA>Notre Dame
STANFORD>Notre Dame

Portland St>Notre Dame
Portland Community College>Notre Dame
Linfield>Notre Dame
UCLA<Notre Dame ;)

Ok... and why the wink at me?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#151 : November 12, 2007, 04:52:28 PM

You ALWAYS brought MNCs into the discussion.

Nope you have me confused with someone else.  I have always been a playoff advocate and MNC's have never had the importance to me that they do to others...  Untied wire to wire perfect seasons...   Yes that is special!  Bowl winning streaks.. again Special

consecutive Top 5 finishes ... special...   MNC's   Nice but not on the top of my list..  Oh I might point that FSU and Miami achieved 2 long before UF did but that is about it. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#152 : November 12, 2007, 08:36:57 PM

Nope you have me confused with someone else.  I have always been a playoff advocate and MNC's have never had the importance to me that they do to others...  Untied wire to wire perfect seasons...   Yes that is special!  Bowl winning streaks.. again Special

consecutive Top 5 finishes ... special...   MNC's   Nice but not on the top of my list..  Oh I might point that FSU and Miami achieved 2 long before UF did but that is about it. 

that is so biased its laughable.  to be more pleased with consecutive top 5 finishes over national championships, ha. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#153 : November 13, 2007, 07:36:02 AM

Nope you have me confused with someone else. I have always been a playoff advocate and MNC's have never had the importance to me that they do to others... Untied wire to wire perfect seasons... Yes that is special! Bowl winning streaks.. again Special

consecutive Top 5 finishes ... special... MNC's Nice but not on the top of my list.. Oh I might point that FSU and Miami achieved 2 long before UF did but that is about it.
You did often point to MNCs as something during these disputes.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#154 : November 13, 2007, 12:32:29 PM

Again You have me confused with someone else..  MNC games and participation is far too arbitrary for me.  Consistently winning every year is real accomplishment.   Certainly, I think it was nice that FSU was selected to play in 3 MNC's in a row and 5 from 1993 until 2000 but I realize that participation still has too much of a beauty contestant feel.  I really thought that Miami had just as much right to be in against Oklahoma as FSU but the arbitrary rules at the time didn't allow it. I also felt that FSU should have been chosen over Tenn in 1997 to play Nebraska since both teams lost to UF but FSU's was a closer margin. I think FSU was certainly most deserving in years earlier before 1993 but without a real playoff it is all just Mythical BS.

I am still waiting for someone to explain Oklahoma and Nebraska being selected a couple of years ago after being destroyed in their final games of the season.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#155 : November 13, 2007, 12:49:02 PM

Again You have me confused with someone else.. MNC games and participation is far too arbitrary for me. Consistently winning every year is real accomplishment. Certainly, I think it was nice that FSU was selected to play in 3 MNC's in a row and 5 from 1993 until 2000 but I realize that participation still has too much of a beauty contestant feel. I really thought that Miami had just as much right to be in against Oklahoma as FSU but the arbitrary rules at the time didn't allow it. I also felt that FSU should have been chosen over Tenn in 1997 to play Nebraska since both teams lost to UF but FSU's was a closer margin. I think FSU was certainly most deserving in years earlier before 1993 but without a real playoff it is all just Mythical BS.

I am still waiting for someone to explain Oklahoma and Nebraska being selected a couple of years ago after being destroyed in their final games of the season.
I do not have you mistaken with anyone.

You brought up MNCs on a rgular basis.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#156 : November 13, 2007, 01:39:54 PM

Nope!  From the horse's mouth find any thread any quote anywhere by me confirming your assertion.  Certainly in all the posts I have made it should be easy pickin's... Sorry Bub you are mistaken..  RAY loved the MNC's and always pointed to all MIAMI had over FSU.  Kind of strange, because I remember you throwing a hissy fit when I stated about in terms of CFB accomplishment FSU was quite special. As an BAMY fan you took real umbrage with the statement and stated FSU had done nothing that BAMA hadn't already done. When I pointed out "wire to wire perfect" you got in a tizzy over a vote bama didn't get in the 60's.

My point with RAY was always the same  In terms of CFB accomplishment both FSU and Miami have done more than UF.  Silly boy just never could admit this simple fact.  I even mentioned the CFB Hall of Fame and UM's And FSU's dynasty designation.

Like I stated above find any quote by me anywhere stating your assertion... Guess what? There isn't any!!

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#157 : November 13, 2007, 03:11:28 PM

Nope! From the horse's mouth find any thread any quote anywhere by me confirming your assertion. Certainly in all the posts I have made it should be easy pickin's... Sorry Bub you are mistaken.. RAY loved the MNC's and always pointed to all MIAMI had over FSU. Kind of strange, because I remember you throwing a hissy fit when I stated about in terms of CFB accomplishment FSU was quite special. As an BAMY fan you took real umbrage with the statement and stated FSU had done nothing that BAMA hadn't already done. When I pointed out "wire to wire perfect" you got in a tizzy over a vote bama didn't get in the 60's.

My point with RAY was always the same In terms of CFB accomplishment both FSU and Miami have done more than UF. Silly boy just never could admit this simple fact. I even mentioned the CFB Hall of Fame and UM's And FSU's dynasty designation.

Like I stated above find any quote by me anywhere stating your assertion... Guess what? There isn't any!!

This board doesn't even go back before the Gators' championship last year.

I don't even think that Ray has a single post on this CF board.

You did bring it up rather often.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#158 : November 13, 2007, 04:40:54 PM

This board doesn't even go back before the Gators' championship last year.

I don't even think that Ray has a single post on this CF board.

Board may not go back to before UF championship but Ray has posted on it ....

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=8525.0
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best Team In College Football? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools