Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: homers, defend this defense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 23, 2006, 07:22:27 PM

Ah....do you think it had anything to do with ROMO being on fire. I seem to remember the Bucs giving up 45 points to the Gruden led Raiders.  This guy is the real deal and would have picked the Bucs apart regardless of the poor pass rush and subsequent bad D-backfield play.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 23, 2006, 07:24:10 PM

Any predictions on the PR Game Grade for the Secondary? Mine is U-

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : November 23, 2006, 07:27:12 PM

Any predictions on the PR Game Grade for the Secondary? Mine is U-
No---F-.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 23, 2006, 07:29:06 PM

We have the worst safeties in the league!! I have never seen a player with worse instincts than Phillips. He can't cover anyone, but he makes up for that by not being able to tackle anyone either. Sending him on blitzes is a waste of time also because all he does is run in and fall down.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 23, 2006, 07:38:23 PM

Monte just doesn't have the players. Not the scheme that's the problem since there are a whole bunch of other teams playing a version of the defense he helped invent. No depth on defense is what's killing that unit. When you're forced to play bums, not much you can do. That's why it's critical for offense to produce and that means no missed throws on sure TDs, catch the ball when thrown to and no stupid penalties!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 23, 2006, 10:06:30 PM

I believe we have drafted one defensive player in the last seven or nine years and that was Rudd.  We have brought in a couple of pretty FA IMO over the years.  When you don't draft talent(because you don't have picks), then you can't develop talent.  It hurts to watch us play defense now; oh the shame!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 23, 2006, 10:09:31 PM

We have the worst safeties in the league!!

I completely disagree.  Allen played a very good game today and has been consistent throughout most of the year.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#22 : November 23, 2006, 10:11:36 PM

Ronde & BK are solid IMO, the rest of the DB are killing us.  Damn I'd love to have seen #47 separating TO from his helmet.   Wasn't Phillips supposed to be doing that?

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#23 : November 23, 2006, 10:12:35 PM

We have the worst safeties in the league!!

I completely disagree. Allen played a very good game today and has been consistent throughout most of the year.
Yeah, Allen has been OK.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 23, 2006, 10:15:39 PM

I believe we have drafted one defensive player in the last seven or nine years and that was Rudd. 

Barrett Ruud
Donte Nicholson (2nd highest ranked SS in draft)

Marquis Cooper
Will Allen

Dewayne White  

Jermaine Phillips

Dwight Smith
John Howell
Ellis Wyms

spartan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 23, 2006, 10:18:04 PM

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if repeated. One man is not going to improve this defense. Romo threw one bad ball behind a receiver, he had one defended other than that the only time he did not complete is when his guys dropped it. Our pass defense was non existant, nada, nothing. It  was woeful. We had no pressure on the QB and the nearest defender was about 5ft away from the receiver when the ball was caught. This was a really, really bad performance from the defense. Other than Hovan nobody did anything. Even D Brooks was looking embarassed on the field. After the first drive we stopped nothing. They completed on a 3rd and 20 (ish) on about 3 or 4 occassions. Embarrassing does not even begin to describe todays performance.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 23, 2006, 10:20:17 PM

Today's game shows how vulnerable the Kiffin defense is with no pass rush.  Even when he tried to blitz Dallas picked it up and made it even easier for Romo.

Without a good front 4 this defense just doesn't work.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#27 : November 23, 2006, 10:32:15 PM

Jeez, I'm glad we don't have Sapp & Lynch!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 23, 2006, 10:50:54 PM

No pass rush = picked apart. It is why we have to find a pass rusher or else dump this scheme.

Anyone want to jump on the Gaines Adams bandwagon after todays game?  :'(

spartan

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 23, 2006, 10:52:34 PM

Jeez, I'm glad we don't have Sapp & Lynch!

Sorry Karen this is a dumb response. Just ask the Oakland fans if the money they spent on Sapp has been worth it. Lynch has done pretty well in Denver but even he would not have had that much of an effect today. This is not a one many resolution, the defense needs a complete overhaul.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: homers, defend this defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools