Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I bet you guys 50 bucks « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: November 14, 2006, 11:27:00 PM

If Gruden is on the hot seat after this year and we have a high first round draft pick, I gurantee you he will pick a QB with the 1st round pick.

Drafting defense makes a lot of sense, but if Gruden's job is in jeopardy he can draft a QB with a lot of promise and it will buy him at least another 2 years to turn the team around. He can play the rebuilding card and although the fans and media will want him to walk the plank, the Glazers will keep him for at least a few more years to see what he can do with a young team, lots of cap space, and many draft picks.

Next year there really is no veteran QB scheduled to become a UFA unless someone gets cut. So next year we will have Gradkowski. I don't think Simms or Rattay will be resigned, so they may bring in Matt Schaub from Atlanta or Seneca Wallace from Seattle. But everyone keeps saying we need a veteran QB that has some years left in the tank. We won't get one in the FA. We would have to trade to get one which means sacrificing draft picks. And I gurantee you that Bruce Allan is not going to trade away draft picks. What they will do is go for defense and o-line in the FA and draft defense guys with the 2 second round picks. The 1st round pick will be a QB. That's my prediction.

Gradkowski just at this point is not ready to start this year or next year. The defenses in this league have adjusted to him. They are playing the short to mid-range pass because they know he can't throw the long ball accurately like Chris Simms could. That's why there are so many open WRs way down field. Grad can't get the ball down there...and that showed on Monday night.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : November 14, 2006, 11:31:58 PM

You should watch Bay News 9 Sports Connection.

#2 : November 14, 2006, 11:32:46 PM

not going to happen, Zzzzzzzzz as Turbo says.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : November 14, 2006, 11:34:40 PM

What arew you RJ? A stalker?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I bet you guys 50 bucks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools