Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mewelde Moore trade not dead « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 19

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
: October 04, 2007, 08:24:43 PM

a change in scenery could do the man good...you never know...the guy was pretty good in college...and he's still young so thats def. a plus

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 05, 2007, 11:18:12 AM

Thus the need for another RB.

I'm not sure what point you're arguing.
I am saying the Bucs need another back.  The guys who think he will be "just fine" are correct on some levels.  BUt just fine being the go-to-guy is not my idea of settling the worry.

I find it curious that he has NEVER had a 1000 yard season rushing.  Which means he is under the 62.5 yard per game average, barring the injuries.

He is truly a nice compliment back.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 05, 2007, 11:15:58 AM

I'm not sure what point you're arguing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 05, 2007, 11:14:33 AM

So two seasons ago he had a 100 yard outburst. And then since and before, nothing. Hmmm...

No, incorrect. He had four 100+ rushing games in 2004, two in 2003, and interestingly he had NO 100+ rushing games in the Super Bowl season.
7 games, 4 years.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 05, 2007, 11:07:42 AM

So two seasons ago he had a 100 yard outburst.  And then since and before, nothing.  Hmmm...

No, incorrect. He had four 100+ rushing games in 2004, two in 2003, and interestingly he had NO 100+ rushing games in the Super Bowl season.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 05, 2007, 11:01:30 AM

I should have said 100 yards RUSHING.

Find that one.

The last one? 127 yards rushing in 2005 vs MIA.
Yeah, I remember that game.  Jason Taylor almost caught him from behind on his long run.

So two seasons ago he had a 100 yard outburst.  And then since and before, nothing.  Hmmm...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#6 : October 05, 2007, 10:55:36 AM

I am not as worried as I should be about the running back situation, I suppose.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 05, 2007, 10:54:14 AM

LOL - He's a good stop-gap, and DTG you  may have proven that he is good in mop-up - spot duty back. I still don't think you'd see consistent 100yd performances from Pitt this year as the feature back. He's ok in certain situations, requiring certain match-ups to succeed.

Again - Gruden wants another back for some reason...

Pittman's not a great runner and thus not a feature back. The Bucs need an upgrade, and in fact, need an upgrade over Caddy. However, even when Cadillac was healthy, Pittman was the best back on this team.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 05, 2007, 10:53:53 AM

I know Mike is the #1 guy right now.  We all do.  That is why there are trade rumors flying about.

Even Gruden is not satisfied with what he has.  And that must mean he is not settled about Pitt being just fine and dandy back there.  He isn't, no matter how much "speculation" about how well he will play for the duration back there.

Those statements make it seem like you think any back that comes in here will replace Pitt as the number
one. I know you might not mean that but that's how it comes across to me.

I think Mike CAN be the number one guy. But is that what Gru prefers? I don't think so.
Thus, the trade talk.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 04, 2007, 02:21:37 PM

FYI, I'm told that a potential trade between the Bucs and Vikings that would land Mewelde Moore in Tampa isn't dead. While the Purple's demands for a first-day pick were rejected by the Bucs FO, the lines of communication between Tampa and Minnesota remain open. Something still could happen before the trading deadline.

The Bucs, however, are not about to make a foolish, knee-jerk move here.

Personally, I think Moore is a good fit for the Gruden offense. He's a good runner and a very good receiver, and has only fumbled once in 370 touches. To me, he would be just the right type of back to work in with Pittman through three quarters and a guy who could give way to E.G. who would be brought in to close out the game.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 04, 2007, 02:23:20 PM

What second day picks do we have left to trade?  7th for Plummer and ? for Sims?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 04, 2007, 02:25:04 PM

What second day picks do we have left to trade?  7th for Plummer and ? for Sims?

4th and 5th, unless I am mistaken.

bait619

Starter

#12 : October 04, 2007, 02:25:45 PM

Try  a 2nd day pick in '09...why not, then the vike's would get something for him

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 04, 2007, 02:26:03 PM

5th round pick, but I think the Sims trade was for a conditional pick.

Ok DTG, glad that I am not the only on reporting this also watch out for everyone who wants a link

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 04, 2007, 02:46:46 PM

it's good to know we haven't completely abandoned the trade talks just yet...if it goes long enough we could end up getting him for a steal, being that they could look to cut him this offseason...and get nothing out of him, so it's def. going to be interesting

Page: 1 2 3 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mewelde Moore trade not dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools