Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mewelde Moore trade not dead « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19

escobar

Hall of Famer

#270 : October 08, 2007, 12:24:31 AM

Me too, because had we had Moore today, our terrible run blocking would have been transformed (like most of Boids posts) into something good. Damn that Pittman, who the hell does he think he is getting tackled the second he gets the ball in his hands. And to add to that, what the hell kind of running back lets someone roll up on his ankle, I mean, Harrison knows how to get down, why the hell can't Pittman learn how to get down without getting hurt? Obviously Moore has been a career backup because it's simply not fair for a player who cannot get tackled to play in the game. That is also the reason Minny asked for a 1st day pick for him, because who the hell is going to give up a running back who can't get tackled for anything less than that? Boid you are on to something.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#271 : October 08, 2007, 12:25:31 AM

I think the Bucs are going to acquire Moore. However, I have a feeling they are also going to overpay now.....
You think?

They are down to one mediocre back, and a rook.  And nothing on the horizon.  Unless you call a certain running back who was supposed to shred us with another NFC South team...

Teams now KNOW the BUcs are more desperate than ever, even before they had Pitt and Graham as the 1-2 punch.  Now it is to the point that Moore is looking like a fourth rounder....

Yeah, the backfield is fine.  We aren't in the hunt for the playoffs afterall... ::)

I think you completely misunderstood my post.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#272 : October 08, 2007, 12:26:55 AM

man...i should predict the future or something...i said earlier in this thread, what happens when one of these 2 goes down...and what happens...haha so much for pitt getting the job done...same with graham...we had a COMBINED 17 yards rushing...lol...and don't get all upset escobar...im just pokin fun at ya....

maybe u need to keep ur hands in your pockets? :(
Nah.  It might get twisted into something else.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#273 : October 08, 2007, 12:27:37 AM

I think the Bucs are going to acquire Moore. However, I have a feeling they are also going to overpay now.....
You think?

They are down to one mediocre back, and a rook. And nothing on the horizon. Unless you call a certain running back who was supposed to shred us with another NFC South team...

Teams now KNOW the BUcs are more desperate than ever, even before they had Pitt and Graham as the 1-2 punch. Now it is to the point that Moore is looking like a fourth rounder....

Yeah, the backfield is fine. We aren't in the hunt for the playoffs afterall... ::)

I think you completely misunderstood my post.

Trust me my friend, I did not. 

You are fine bro.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#274 : October 08, 2007, 08:07:35 PM

I couldn't help it I needed a highlight reel and I'm sold on him get the damn deal done ASAP!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

LA BUC

Starter

#275 : October 09, 2007, 12:07:06 AM

I think we should say no to a M. Moore trade and just bring back Gates for now. The O-line is to little to open holes for any RB.  I didn't realize no. 75 Joseph was that small. I like True and Sears cause they are big. If we make a trade to really help our offense I hope it is a good WR, maybe two. A playmaker wide-out!!!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#276 : October 09, 2007, 10:26:11 AM

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Mewelde Moore-RB- Vikings Oct. 9 - 9:55 am et

Asked Monday about rumors that the Bucs are interested in Mewelde Moore, coach Brad Childress called him "a good player" and said that a trade offer "would have to jar you to do something like that."

"As far as those things, we don't have control over that," Moore said. "I just focus on the things that I have control on, which is going out there and giving 100 percent, trying to prepare for the Bears this week and then preparing for the next team the next week. That's all that I'm focused on; that's all that I'm worried about."
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
Related: Buccaneers

blitz

Pro Bowler
#277 : October 09, 2007, 12:38:51 PM

Vikes are being greedy.   Moore is nothing more than an insurance policy, just like Darby or Gates.   Darby has the upside though.  During his press conference, Gruden looked into the camera and said we're counting on you Kenneth. 

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#278 : October 09, 2007, 04:01:36 PM

You can't make someone be great - they have to be able to be great on their own. You can give them support - but they must be prepared to make the step. Darby knows why he was cut, he knew we were weak at RB, he knew we may need him.

His job is to be prepared to step in and have worked on the reasons why he was cut (missed assignments, fumbles, not enough of a working knowledge of the offense, etc.,), if he's not ready he won't help. That's a lot to place on a 7th round rookie RB.

Hope he's capable, it is doubtful that he is. That's why we're looking. It is why Gruden is hoping too, he knows we are not going to mortgage the future picks to get a back that may not help that much this year.

Heck, waiting for Pittman will be a better fix than waiting for a second stringer somewhere else to come in, learn a role in a difficult offense and master it enough to be a feature back in 4 weeks...

You're all pipe dreaming. What you see is what you'll get. Positive thing is that we have the schedule that we could actually be alright with what we have, adding one more mediocre back to complete the RBBC.

it isn't the "reach for the stars" stuff most want to hear, but it is closer to the reality of the situation.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 17 18 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mewelde Moore trade not dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools