Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mewelde Moore trade not dead « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19

tonyflash

Starter

#30 : October 04, 2007, 04:39:16 PM

The Vikings will not get serious about a trade until almost trade deadline. They know the Bucs have a need and are holding out for the best deal.

#31 : October 04, 2007, 04:45:59 PM

I like Moore DTG, he fits and lots of upside. He's the kind of back that would thrive in JG's offense. JMO.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 04, 2007, 05:38:27 PM

I've said before that he doesn't wow me - strikes me as a young Micheal Pittman. Mike's got some mileage on him but he definitely shown value - but as many have said - he's not a feature back either.

I also think a feature RB will be a key focus in the off-season.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 04, 2007, 06:12:26 PM

I see no evidence that Turner is adept at catching the ball out of the backfield. He didn't do it in college much, and he hasn't done it in the pros. In Gruden's offense, that would concern me greatly.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 04, 2007, 06:17:41 PM

what about kevin jones guys? yes hes had durability issues as well but with detroit having tatum bell what do you say about him for next year?...or try to pry julius jones away from dallas??

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 04, 2007, 06:24:16 PM

Well lets just makes sure it's not Onterrio "Wizzinator" Smith....

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 04, 2007, 06:33:08 PM

Jones will be a free agent at the end off the season, not sure if Dallas even wants him back with Barber there

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#37 : October 04, 2007, 06:34:48 PM

The Bucs might need 2 runningbacks next off-season as Pittman will be a free agent and Williams future is unclear, so the Bucs will be looking for two RB rather then just one.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 04, 2007, 06:36:05 PM

Jones never made it as a feature back in Dallas...don't know much about him. Can he catch - he seems to be injury prone and he fell out of favor with the Tuna - does he fumble?

gone

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 04, 2007, 06:37:05 PM

The Bucs might need 2 runningbacks next off-season as Pittman will be a free agent and Williams future is unclear, so the Bucs will be looking for two RB rather then just one.

Unless someone else steps up big, Pittman isn't going anywhere.  He's worth more to us than anyone else out there, and he's not likely to leave unless we just don't ask him to stay...

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 04, 2007, 06:39:06 PM

A 5th-4th for Moore nothing more

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

gump

Starter

#41 : October 04, 2007, 06:49:15 PM

2008 Free Agent RB:

UFA:
Michael Turner
Jamal Lewis
Fred Taylor
Chris Brown
Julius Jones
TJ Duckett
Justin Fargas
Maurice Hicks
Travis Minor
Mewelde Moore
Artose Piner
Musa Smith
Labrandon Toefield

RFA:
Vernand Morency
Cedric Cobbs
Noah Heron
Tyson Thompson

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#42 : October 04, 2007, 06:50:50 PM

Michael Turner is not a feature back.

I disagree.

Turner has a better shot as a feature back than Mewelde Moore.

I disagree.

Turner has a habit of putting the ball on the ground and he just does not seem overly explosive to me.

I disagree

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 04, 2007, 06:54:25 PM

Interesting on LaBrandon Toefield - wasn't he mentioned in the preseason as an object of Allen/Gruden's desire? I believe they inquired about a trade yet nothing came of it - anyone know why?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 04, 2007, 07:07:25 PM

I see no evidence that Turner is adept at catching the ball out of the backfield. He didn't do it in college much, and he hasn't done it in the pros. In Gruden's offense, that would concern me greatly.
Neither can Caddy :o...

He has hands made of granite.  The passes he drops are usually very easily caught, so I am quite suprised he has not shown any improvement.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mewelde Moore trade not dead « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools