Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pennsylvania golden boy is killing us « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : November 13, 2006, 11:54:47 PM

You can only do 2 things with the ball on offense, run or pass.

We can't run, so we have to pass.

There are no other options.

You're supposed to pass to your own guys.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 13, 2006, 11:56:59 PM

i love gruden's commenst at the half "keep throwing, we'll connnect eventually." great philosophy with a rookie QB who threw two terrible picks.

Go check what other rookies do  [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Grads will be the QB next season, and all your whining and **CENSORED**ing is for nada.   :P

gharen

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 13, 2006, 11:57:49 PM

He's thrown 3 picks in over 200 attempts with no running game. Bruce is going to be a damn good QB. He made some rookie mistakes that hurt us tonight but that is going to happen.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 13, 2006, 11:59:35 PM

First QB in the HISTORY of the NFL to get to 200 passes with only one interception.  No one else made it to 200 with less than 3 interceptions.   ;)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : November 14, 2006, 12:03:41 AM

Really, if this is Grad "bad" game it ain't that bad. He keeps tossing the deep ball at a rate I don't runderstand becuase it isn't what he does best. still, 53% and 1:2INT for a rookie isn't a bad night. Ask Matt 53% 0:2 Leinert about that type of game.
Didn't you just post in another thread saying "Bruce sucked"

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#20 : November 14, 2006, 12:08:52 AM

At least he was trying to make a play. I think he'll learn.

LOL, talk about rose colored glasses... I guess when a QB gets picked off he should be let off the hook because he was trying to make a play. Unless you are saying Grad's was actually trying to make a play when he fumbled and when other QB's mess up they are trying to loose the game???
Why didn't he try to make a play on 3rd down passes when he throws a 3 yard pass when we need 10???

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 14, 2006, 12:11:06 AM

Really, if this is Grad "bad" game it ain't that bad. He keeps tossing the deep ball at a rate I don't runderstand becuase it isn't what he does best. still, 53% and 1:2INT for a rookie isn't a bad night. Ask Matt 53% 0:2 Leinert about that type of game.
Didn't you just post in another thread saying "Bruce sucked"

Sucked by the standards of an NFL QB that we needed to play well to win a game, yes.

Sucked by the standards of a rookie NFL QB, no.

He's a poor NFL QB but he's not a poor rookie NFL QB.
Bingo, we have a winner

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 14, 2006, 06:47:32 PM

First QB in the HISTORY of the NFL to get to 200 passes with only one interception. No one else made it to 200 with less than 3 interceptions. ;)

i know, i know and 70% completion rate in college and he's from the QB heartland in PA. blah, blah, blah, spin, spin, spin. We've been spoon fed that crap for months.  For a guy who is supposedly so accurate, he can't connect on a deep ball to save his life. Sorry MJS, I just don't see the upside that you see in him. but sadly, you're probably right that he'll be our QB next year. gruden will be on the hotseat in 2007 with 3 losing seasons in the past 4 years (including this year) so Gruden wont have the luxury of drafting and developing another young QB.  We'll probably bring in a vet to push him but Gruden cant afford to start over again with another QB. 

watson

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 14, 2006, 07:20:28 PM

Last night Grads had a bad game.  But if you look at what Delhomme did, it was not much different.  If our defensive guys could catch, he would have tossed 4 INTS....Ronde caught one.....Phillips and Bolden both dropped one and Will Allen had his hands on the one that Ronde knocked up in the air, but the defender hit him in the back as he was trying to catch it.  And none of those were long throws that on average don't have as high a percentage of completion by any team.  And there was not a lot of pass rush  being generated by the Bucs D Line that would cause him to get wild with his throws.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 14, 2006, 07:25:17 PM

Don't forget, Montana sucked his first year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 14, 2006, 07:52:12 PM

ut Marino didn't.  Bruce should have 15TD;s and 1 INT by now, and a winning record, cuz THAT'S WHAT ROOKIES DO!  See it all the time.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 14, 2006, 10:58:19 PM

Well, he really only threw 23 passes his first year. However, his first year as a starter (his second year in the league) he completed 65% of his passes and 15 TDs and 9 INTs.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 14, 2006, 10:59:52 PM

Oh now John Elway, he really DID suck his first year. As a rookie he started 11 games, completed 47% and threw 7 TDs and 14 INTs.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 14, 2006, 11:48:53 PM

Well, he really only threw 23 passes his first year.

Maybe, but he didn't look good.   I remember them putting him in for Deberg when we played them in 1979.   I was thinking Deberg was far superior to Montana back then.   I could hardly believe it when they decided to get rid of Deberg and go with Montana as the starter the following years.    I guess it worked out for them though.

LA BUC

Starter

#29 : November 15, 2006, 12:10:44 AM

Lack of arm strength hurts the kid more than anything . One wr and nothing else to throw to hurts to.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pennsylvania golden boy is killing us « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools