Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be #3 tomorrow? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

: October 19, 2007, 12:38:45 AM

HEY HEY HEY.... DID THE ALMIGHTY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER JUST LOSE TO

FREAKIN RUTGERS?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 07, 2007, 08:36:34 AM

Do a good enough job convincing what? that they are overrated? they were an inch away from losing to FAU... They had another great day of turnovers.... only thing they convince was that up against a team like LSU they'd get DESTROYED.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#2 : October 07, 2007, 02:15:14 AM

With USC and Wisconsin falling today, did USF do a good enough job convincing the pollsters that they deserve a shocking #3 in the counrty?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 07, 2007, 03:49:48 AM

Could? Yes.
Likely? No.

Better chance of moving to #4 or #5.

LSU is #1. Cal will probably be #2 followed by Ohio State.

Also a bit of a surprise is that Rutgers lost to Cincy. So that Cincy game on November 3rd is going to be very important.

matt

Starter

#4 : October 07, 2007, 08:50:04 AM

For USF's sake, I hope they don't end up at #5. That seems to be a cursed ranking this year. Michigan, West Virginia, and Wisconsin have all lost this year while ranked #5. Florida and Oklahoma have also been ranked #5 but did not lose when they had that ranking.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 07, 2007, 11:59:14 AM

Nope!   Tomorrows poll  LSU   and CAL, OHIO STATE  will be the Top 3  USC could be 4th but USF certainly is a possibility. Likely 5th if BC doesn't jump them.

BucHawk

Second String

#6 : October 07, 2007, 12:15:54 PM

How could USC possible stay in the top five after losing to a team they were favored to beat by 40 points????  They didn't lose to a good team or even a decent team but a pretty bad team.  No way they stay higher than 8.

Here's how I see it:

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Cal
4. BC
5. USF
6. Oklahoma
7. SC (The other one in South Carolina)

matt

Starter

#7 : October 07, 2007, 12:16:39 PM

Nope! Tomorrows poll LSU and CAL, OHIO STATE will be the Top 3 USC could be 4th but USF certainly is a possibility. Likely 5th if BC doesn't jump them.

USC has to at least drop to the lower half of the top 10 after that loss.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 07, 2007, 03:45:29 PM

only thing they convince was that up against a team like LSU they'd get DESTROYED.

That's why they're ranked #5 and not #1 ... This is pretty simple to figure out.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 07, 2007, 03:47:25 PM

They could hang with LSU.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 07, 2007, 05:47:06 PM

They could hang with LSU.

Probably, but some people's minds are made up ....

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 07, 2007, 06:43:29 PM

hahahaha...ya okay.... and there's two more people for the dummy pile

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 07, 2007, 07:44:06 PM

Do a good enough job convincing what? that they are overrated? they were an inch away from losing to FAU... They had another great day of turnovers.... only thing they convince was that up against a team like LSU they'd get DESTROYED.

That may be true but LSU are ranked number one, and USF are ranked five.  So lets take the top three out of the picture, and look at USFs chances?  Sure they would be underdogs against the likes of Boston College and Wisconsin but they would give than a game.

USF are on a good run and their ranking reflect that.  I am not sure why you have your panties in a wad about it.

#13 : October 07, 2007, 08:12:03 PM

Who cares? Maybe they are a little overrated, but why slam a team that is constantly overachieving? They are a program that is making visible steps every year, so why slam them? Because everyone else keeps losing aorund them and they are by default rising up the ranks? Wow they are so terrible for doing that. They are probably somewhere in the top 15 best teams in the country, thats a great achievement for them. I see no reason to slam them. They may lose 2 games this year before the bowl game, and that would be a very successful year even though someone like you might say they are trash when it happens.

Honestly I think a USF v Missouri bowl game would be a great matchup, even though Im sure most people want more than that

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 07, 2007, 09:23:04 PM

Every week the polls change and every week they are no more accurate than they were the week before.

Personally, I think LSU is a bit over rated based on this weeks performance.   I thought Auburn played UF far tougher than LSU and that was at BHG!

LSU can certainly  be beaten.  UF pretty much dominated them for most of the game.   

Back to the polls I fail to understand how any team once they lose at this point should jump ahead of someone undefeated just because both teams win again the following week.  WV, VT, and Oklahoma weren't that special this weekend yet they are suddenly right back in the hunt??

VT  won because of special teams and an interception.   Oklahoma beat Texas by a TD  whoopee do!  Didn't Texas nearly get beaten by UCF before getting blown out by KSU?   I still think WV is a fraud though they do have a better defense than Louisville. I think Cincinnati will beat both of them.  Rutgers will most certainly be a spoiler as well..    Looks like USF and the Bearcats will fight for the title at this conjecture.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could USF be #3 tomorrow? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools