Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Yucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« : November 14, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »

Alright folks.  Time to take the blinders off.  This team is absolutely bad.  For a various number of reasons, it is a quicksand trap, it is getting worse and worse.  The more the team flails madly about, the deeper they sink and suffocate.  Watching my beloved Bucs is not an excercise in patience, it is watching a horror film unleash itself before my very eyes.

The D-line goes sackless again.  Of course, they play like they are sackless too.  Yeah, the "report to moderator" function still exists.  The Bucs front four have no marbles.  No cajones.  No testosterone.  I am done thinking that this unit will flash any glimmer of skill between now and week 16 of next year.  Time to rebuild it completely. 

Positive Dline:  Dwayne White.  Don't listen to Dalbuc, this guy is always around the ball, he creates chaos, is definitely Simeons replacement.  He is a playmaker, or an opportunist.  Either is needed right now.  Uhmmm....they limited a bad Panther run game to few yards this week.  We shall see what happens next week.

Linebackers?  Ruud played decently.  So did Nece.  Until the end.  When it became obvious they were going to pound the rock on the Bucs, what happened to all the tackles?  The stops for short yards?  I was screaming that they were going to run, run, run in the fourth, and for some reason, their RBs were PUSHING their way for extra backbreaking yards.  Way to end the game, guys.  Long drives to "Finish Him!" are not fun to watch, nor are they conducive to their manhood.

D'Backs?  That is like watching babysitters beating on helpless infants.  It makes you so damn angry that you can't do ANYTHING about it, but yet you are stuck watching it...way to "understand" the situation.  The last SS touchdown did we all KNOW that that was coming, or are the Bucs D'BAcks Anti-Mensa?  I think Kiffin needs to send a boatload of the D'backs onto a ship, burn it, and then send it out to a Piranhha infested sea.  Their really are no positives, aside from Ronde.  Juran can't cover anyone that can run a 4.5, obviously. 

Gradkowski?  Not the QB of the future.  Sorry MJS, Sorry DTG.  This guy is not going to be a leader no matter how much Moxie, Chutzpah, Charisma, Leadership, "Command of Huddle" traits he posesses.  There is no tweaking to be done, he is not good on the deep balls, not as instinctive as you would all feel he should be.  I can see Gruden DESPERATELY trying to bring in a Brett Favre, a Matt Schaub...hell...even resign Chris Simms.  The guy gets his fair share of batted balls, his ratio is not that much better than Simms, in all honesty.  He just is not a guy I see getting better than what he is.  HE has wide open targets, and just can't hit them.  For whatever reason.  Timing?  C'mon man, he has eyes.  If he needs so much timing, he will need to be playing with guys he works out with for ten years.  It should be just natural for a QB to hit WIDE OPEN guys.  My verdict of Bruce is in.  I am not that impressed, despite the fact he hasn't sunk the ship, he is only a part of the crew that can't get off it...

Carnell?  You mean Crack-a-lack Williams?  That is his new nickname.  For obvious reasons.  Owners of Caddys everywhere don't want this as their rep.  He has hands of stone.  That fumble was absolutely baffling.  I would almost rather see Pittman run straight through than see Crack-a-lack run into Davins butt, trip, and piss the ball away.  Plus his ability to catch is worse than a man with no hands.  Until he plays better, he is Crack-a-lack.  He is a non-factor.  He is not getting anything done.

Clayton fumbled the ball.  I could care less what the ruling was.  He is a bust.

Well, that about concludes it.  Nothing good to really see, aside from the first half defense.  Ronde, you da man.  Uhmmm....that is about it though.

Dewayne White, and Ronde Barber.  Galloway too.

Seriously though, after watching that, isn't it obvious the problems of the Bucs team are far worse than what we perceive?  The receivers need work, the RB needs some work, the QB needs time to "grow"?  I just feel like crap watching that.  It was so good to start, and then you could see it mely away.  The DUMB penalty to get them out of FG range (Barber INT).  The PISS POOR deep throws (great pick by Lucas, but piss poor throw).

I feel scared for this team next year.  I feel bad for them next week.

Happy Thanksgiving as well.  That is going to be a disaster. [banghead]

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #1 : November 14, 2006, 12:06:32 AM »

Gradkowski?  Not the QB of the future.  Sorry MJS, Sorry DTG.

Why sorry to me? I never said Gradkowski is the long-term answer for this team.

« #2 : November 14, 2006, 12:10:08 AM »

Tampa Bay Yucs

Is it possible to call the team by that name and still be a fan?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #3 : November 14, 2006, 12:10:45 AM »

Boid, sadly you are exactly right. Maybe some of the blinders came off tonite.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #4 : November 14, 2006, 12:11:50 AM »

Tampa Bay Yucs

Is it possible to call the team by that name and still be a fan?
   Let's hope RJ doesn't see this.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #5 : November 14, 2006, 12:12:41 AM »

I've seen the original 'Yuccaneers.' Although this team is playing terribly right now, they aren't down to that level yet.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #6 : November 14, 2006, 12:12:51 AM »

He's frustrated; let him vent!!  We all have done it.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #7 : November 14, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

Gradkowski?  Not the QB of the future.  Sorry MJS, Sorry DTG.

Why sorry to me? I never said Gradkowski is the long-term answer for this team.
Are you kidding me?????You have a naked fat head of Grads in your bedroom.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #8 : November 14, 2006, 12:15:33 AM »

He's frustrated; let him vent!! We all have done it.

Thank you for respecting that.  Funny avatar, FWIW!

I mean, you can almost tell Gruden is going to lose his job soon...and that is sad.  

I think we will see McCown before too long, the eval process requires seeing who is going to be your gunslinger.  I ma not happy about either guy being it right now, but we shall see.  I think Gruden will sign a better QB next year, I doubt he drafts one because his window is closing.  Another losing season, and he could be a goner.

gaines3

Rookie

« #9 : November 14, 2006, 12:21:01 AM »

Some of these board topics are RIDICULOUS! You guys would bash anybody to put blame on a loss. I am not completely backing Grads, but he has only started SIX games. He is also a rookie, and he did some good things tonight, but he also made some mistakes. Thats going to happen with starting a rookie. You guys bashed Simms and wanted Grads. Now that you have him you are calling for his head. You guys need to actually know a little bit about football before you go criticizing one person for this team. Nothing will ever be good enough, and most of you were praising him after his first three starts, but now that the team is losing; its gotta be the quaterback. Give me a break!

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : November 14, 2006, 12:23:16 AM »

Yeah, we can all see it's the running back that's killing us. Mr. ''Fumble When I'm Not Even Touched'' wearing the No. 24.

In Verner We Trust

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 14, 2006, 12:24:26 AM »

Are you kidding me?????

No, I'm not kidding.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 14, 2006, 12:26:19 AM »

Some of these board topics are RIDICULOUS! You guys would bash anybody to put blame on a loss. I am not completely backing Grads, but he has only started SIX games. He is also a rookie, and he did some good things tonight, but he also made some mistakes. Thats going to happen with starting a rookie. You guys bashed Simms and wanted Grads. Now that you have him you are calling for his head. You guys need to actually know a little bit about football before you go criticizing one person for this team. Nothing will ever be good enough, and most of you were praising him after his first three starts, but now that the team is losing; its gotta be the quaterback. Give me a break!
Oh no.  You need to learn to read then.

Part of the problem is the QB.  Are you that blind?  Letting a rook QB, with no range (never had it really), run this offense is absurd.  How can he learn all those dang plays?  He isn't.  How can the O-line protect him?  They can't.  How can Crack-a-lack run the ball?  He can't.  There are many reasons to blame for this loss.

You must be having a Freudian slip by just singling out the piss poor play of the QB as the sole reason for the teams woes?  IT has many facets.  The offense lacks playmakers, aside from Joey, and he isn't a playmaker if the ball isn;'t getting there.  

It is so hillarious listening to posters like you assume that it is a QB bash fest, when in reality, it is a TB Bucs bash fest.  What is there to like really?  CAn you tell me one thing that I should like?

Gimme a break, wake up.  The Bucs are a bad team.  And are not fun to watch, unless you like watching pain and suffering.  Growing Pains my monkey butt...I lack patience in a sixteen game season.  And I can't see Grads, or Clayton, or Wade, or Brooks, or Phillips, Allen, or Pearson making a difference in the future.  Can you?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : November 14, 2006, 12:27:46 AM »

Yeah, we can all see it's the running back that's killing us. Mr. ''Fumble When I'm Not Even Touched'' wearing the No. 24.

Not cool at all.  I almost laughed hysteerically when I saw that.

And here we bash Pittman for being Magoo.

WTH is Crackalack then?  He must be Napolean Dynamite.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #14 : November 14, 2006, 12:28:00 AM »

He's frustrated; let him vent!! We all have done it.

Thank you for respecting that.  Funny avatar, FWIW!

I mean, you can almost tell Gruden is going to lose his job soon...and that is sad. 

I think we will see McCown before too long, the eval process requires seeing who is going to be your gunslinger.  I ma not happy about either guy being it right now, but we shall see.  I think Gruden will sign a better QB next year, I doubt he drafts one because his window is closing.  Another losing season, and he could be a goner.
Doubt McCown.  If gru had any intent of trying him, he'd be the number 2 right now.

Grads is looking more and more like just another rookie, not like a smarter than average, decicive rookie.  Is it a failing on his part, or is it just what happens to rookies?  I look at Caddy and other young RB;s who lose their "it" when they start trying to absorb too much, think too much, do too much.  Right now the guys head has to be spinning, he has limited reps with his wideouts, and nothing else in the O to count on.  He is under a tremendous amount of pressure with our line, the kind of pressure that vets often wilt under.  It's really hard to say what he can and can't be at this time.  Those deep passes were both so close to being big plays, not like the off by a few yards in his first 2 shots.  He's getting better, and I'm glad gru gave him the chance to take those shots tonight.  He's still a long way from seasoned, and the more shots he gets, the more he'll learn; and the more we'll learn about him.  My jury's still out...
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tampa Bay Yucs « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools