Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise QB Wanted! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 14, 2006, 10:09:14 AM

Honestly, it's not really much more so than any other position, especially when you're talking in the top 10 range rather than first round overall.

I think the biggest difference is the amount of salary cap you have to commit to a top 10 drafted QB and how, if you have made the wrong choice, you can really screw up your team's financial situation.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 14, 2006, 10:13:34 AM

Honestly, it's not really much more so than any other position, especially when you're talking in the top 10 range rather than first round overall.

I think the biggest difference is the amount of salary cap you have to commit to a top 10 drafted QB and how, if you have made the wrong choice, you can really screw up your team's financial situation.

That's a very fair point which I hadn't taken into consideration.  And if I may add another that I meant to add but didn't, Carr is an interesting case.  He looks like a real player this year, but has struggled in the past.  Given the state of the rest of our offense, I'm not sure that isn't the right parallel to draw.  Even if he turned out to be all that and a bag of chips, Quinn couldn't do it alone.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 14, 2006, 10:23:06 AM

And if I may add another that I meant to add but didn't, Carr is an interesting case.  He looks like a real player this year, but has struggled in the past.

Carr IS very interesting. He's in his fifth year and has gone through a lot of adversity to get to this point. And regarding QB's in the Gruden system, people have to remember that even Favre said that he wasn't comfortable in the WCO until his third year in it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 14, 2006, 10:27:20 AM

Why is it that we hardly went deep with the QB who could throw deep accurate passes? But Grads has probably gone deep more than Simms. Simms the guy who just sucked in the 3 step drop was called on to perform in that practically every other play. I'm just confused.

Me too.  ???

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Franchise QB Wanted! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools