Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS is out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 14, 2007, 10:36:18 PM

How many bowl games has Notre Damn lost in a row now? 9?

Now how does a ND fan explain that monstrosity?

Mako482

Practice Squad
#16 : October 14, 2007, 10:41:13 PM

WHY wouldnt I show my face here? Congrats to USF... they don't deserve it but for now they have it. They're one of the most overrated teams I have ever seen and are giving more and more reason for a college playoff.

Out of all those teams, I'd rank LSU, OK, SC,KY, USC, UF all above USF. But that's from actually WATCHING football and not just looking at their W/L records... which apparently is all that matters anymore.

While USF has two quality wins on their record, I'd love to see what they'd do against a real schedule.

What a fire to jump in to as a new poster here, but I have to address this stuff because it drives me crazy.

USF deserves to be where they are one reason, they are winning the games they are suppose to be winning. That is something you can not say about the teams you listed. USF has not only won the games they should win (UCF, FAU, Elon, NC), but they have also won games no one expected them to win, WVU, and at Auburn. If it were the beginning of the season I have no doubt people like you would say no way do they win at Auburn, and most likely lose against WVU.

If the so called "better" teams want to remain ranked high, they need to do something called WIN. Beat the teams that supposedly are not as good as you are and everything else works itself out. USF is in the position they are because they are winning, that is something most of the "elite" teams can not say.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#17 : October 15, 2007, 12:05:14 AM

WHY wouldnt I show my face here? Congrats to USF... they don't deserve it but for now they have it. They're one of the most overrated teams I have ever seen and are giving more and more reason for a college playoff.

Out of all those teams, I'd rank LSU, OK, SC,KY, USC, UF all above USF. But that's from actually WATCHING football and not just looking at their W/L records... which apparently is all that matters anymore.

While USF has two quality wins on their record, I'd love to see what they'd do against a real schedule.

I have to agree. We'll see how the rest of the season goes. I have a feeling USF will fall under the pressure of being ranked so high.  You can only hope that they finish the season without any loses.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 15, 2007, 12:22:56 AM

Why don't you get behind the Bulls to win if you are not just haters and really just want a playoff? They ARE the best chance to get a playoff goine, ummmm, ever!

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

Mako482

Practice Squad
#19 : October 15, 2007, 08:09:32 AM

Personally I think this whole "USF is a reason for playoffs" thing is a cop-out. First of all, they are ranked 2 in middle of the season, not the end. They could be out of the top 25 by the end of the season for all we know. Second, the elitists are only saying this because it is USF up there, how dare a 11 year old team who is not a traditionally ranked team be up there so high?! Perception is everything, and right now it is all about tradition. People can not handle not seeing the USC's of the NCAA in the top 5. USF is handing their business. If there were to be a playoff do you think that will rid the NCAA of upsets? Your elitist teams would still have to play well all season to get into the playoffs, will you cry then when USF makes it and a USC does not? What then? Why don't we just make a rule saying if you school has not been around for 50 years you are not allowed to compete at all? I don't get the logic I am seeing here. USF is winning, last time I checked that is the point of playing. The people complaining about it need to direct their complaints at their team for losing games they should win.

Chucky4mayor

Starter

#20 : October 15, 2007, 09:27:52 AM

The composite of all the computer rankings in the BCS, in which strength of schedule is a big part, have USF at #1. That's why they are #2 in the BCS while #3 in both human voted polls.

Actually they are #2 in the AP poll

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 15, 2007, 11:02:35 AM

Krazy and Freak w2ill not show their Face here and Duemig is pulling out what Hair he has left. He has taken a Bath so far this year Betting Football and USF has cleaned him out..

Great day in TAMPA
I am assuming that "Freak" is me.

Why would I not show my face here?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : October 15, 2007, 02:36:29 PM

I am assuming that "Freak" is me.

Why would I not show my face here?

Because your face looks like Mr Freaking Miyagi, that's why.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 15, 2007, 03:00:55 PM

Here's a couple of quotes from you, THE NOTRE DAME FAN. You are the last person that should be talking about college football and watching games and being overrated. USF is not overrated. Our defense shuts people down. Everyone should read this thread...

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=1910.0

I'm a Notre Dame fan my whole life, and my girl goes to UF. I think UF got screwed bad, but I also think Notre Dame is gettin screwed. Their only loss is to the #2 team. That's okay though, I'm just gonna wait till they lay a serious BEATDOWN on USC in two weeks and hope it's enough to propel them to the championship.

ND is a joke? Oh god how I wish they would play UF. I'm a UF fan behind Notre Dame, but UF would get their butt handed to them against the Irish.

What's a joke to me is how UF has basically controlled their destiny all year, but their coach and qb have done everything to piss away their chances at a title shot.

Instead of blowing out teams, UF has let penalties, turnovers, bad playcalling and a horrible QB force them to rely on other teams losing to give them a shot.

and to the guy that says ND has NO SHOT?

You have a leg to stand on with ND having lost to Michigan, however, if Ohio loses to Michigan, for you to say they have NO shot is "whack"

Ah, this pretty much explains his bitterness. I'd be pretty damned bitter too if my first team was ND and second team was UF..... BTW, I wonder what year he graduated from Notre Dame?   ;)

Also, maybe Notre Dame or UF is one of the schools that get 45K+ students to a game?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 15, 2007, 09:24:43 PM

WOW. I gotta say. PATHETIC.

1) My inability to correctly judge the number of students in a 90,000+ crowd apparently means I know nothing about football. Makes no sense and has nothing to with knowing an overrated team or knowing anything about football. I'll try to judge the difference between 20, 30, 40k people a little better. Regardless of the number, it's a HELL OF A LOT more than USF.

2) So because my lifelong team is bad every year for the past two decades that means I'm bitter and that's the reason I hate USF? Another interesting theory. Too bad I've rooted for USF until recently and only stopped rooting for them because of bozo fans such as yourself that honestly think they're the best team in the country and say stupid things like " well we beat auburn and auburn beat florida so that means we'd beat florida ".

At this point I hope USF does win just so it'll prove that this horrible system needs a playoffs. A playoff system would eliminate an overrated school like USF. If you think USF could win weekly against a good opponent your crazy.

jakedakota

Starter

#25 : October 15, 2007, 09:30:08 PM

Lets see.. They Beat Auburn...who Beat UF  and they Beat West Virginia... Looks like they are winning against Great Teams weekly..

NEXT

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 15, 2007, 09:52:39 PM

Lets see.. They Beat Auburn...who Beat UF and they Beat West Virginia... Looks like they are winning against Great Teams weekly..

NEXT

you are a freaking idiot.

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY.... Those words mean ANYTHING to that tiny pea sized brain of yours?!?!

Just because you beat team A who beat team B does NOT mean you can beat team B if you play them.

If the Titans beat the Colts, does that mean the Bucs can beat the Colts? NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You all wonder where the resentment is coming from?! There you go. Jackass fan number one for ya.

And West Virginia is NOT a great team. Save the ranking number for some sorry ass that actually believes the rankings dictate good teams. Anyone that watches college ball every year KNOWS that West Virginia is grossly overrated annually.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 15, 2007, 10:12:48 PM

WOW. I gotta say. PATHETIC.

1) My inability to correctly judge the number of students in a 90,000+ crowd apparently means I know nothing about football. Makes no sense and has nothing to with knowing an overrated team or knowing anything about football. I'll try to judge the difference between 20, 30, 40k people a little better. Regardless of the number, it's a HELL OF A LOT more than USF.

Is it? USF is alloting 15K to students. How many do other schools allot? We know it's the largest in the BE and maybe other big schools allot 20K or so but that's still not a HELL OF A LOT more than USF .... People in tune with college football know this stuff.

So because my lifelong team is bad every year for the past two decades that means I'm bitter and that's the reason I hate USF? Another interesting theory. Too bad I've rooted for USF until recently and only stopped rooting for them because of bozo fans such as yourself that honestly think they're the best team in the country and say stupid things like " well we beat auburn and auburn beat florida so that means we'd beat florida ".

Actually, I've never said that and not many, if any, Bulls fans on here have said that. Making up stuff like that makes it easier for you to channel your college football frustration to the Bulls, which is cool....

And what makes your whole "bandwagoning USF fans" tirade so freaking funny is the fact that you're a Notre Dame fan. They are part of the historic Big 3, along with the Cowboys and Yankees, when it comes to attracting bandwagoners ..... Good stuff.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 15, 2007, 10:14:27 PM

WVU has two great runners and one up and coming great runner with one of best O's in the nation.  I think that makes them a good team.  

Auburn started off the season slow but USF still won the game and they are making that win look a lot better right now.  

How does somebody talking good about USF football and what they have done this season have anything to do with you wanting everything they have done to be below average?  

If I wanted to spend 2 hours on here we could debate why USF can beat every team in the top 25.  You can not deny that USF has a tough schedule (maybe you could but it wouldn't be a good denial).  

Everybody in the nation tries to say that the Big East is a below average conference but what happened in last years bowls?  I believe the Big East was undefeated.

Louisville beat Wake Forest
West Virginia beat Georgia Tech
Rutgers beat Kansas State
South Florida beat East Carolina
Cincinnati beat Western Michigan

Sounds like the Big East is pretty bad to me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 15, 2007, 10:21:16 PM

Everybody in the nation tries to say that the Big East is a below average conference but what happened in last years bowls?  I believe the Big East was undefeated.

Louisville beat Wake Forest
West Virginia beat Georgia Tech
Rutgers beat Kansas State
South Florida beat East Carolina
Cincinnati beat Western Michigan

you can only beat who you play, but thats not exactly murderers row.  the BE has a lot of solid teams though,   USF still has a long way to go this year.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS is out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools