Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This has gotta be a tough time for the Gruden children « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 14, 2006, 10:01:28 AM

Imagine the stuff that the boys have to endure from the other kids in school.

"My dad said that your dad sux as a coach".

Man, that has gotta be tough.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 14, 2006, 10:48:15 AM

Well, they can just say, "my daddy's a multi-millionaire and yours are not." ;) Honestly though, that comes down to parenting. Our oldest son has autism. Like my wife and I tell our other three children; people will talk. It's human nature. But, you let mama and I worry about what other people say; you just be a kid.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 14, 2006, 10:48:41 AM

I'm a preacher and my kids take some heat to.  It builds character!

#3 : November 14, 2006, 10:49:39 AM

I'm a preacher and my kids take some heat to.  It builds character!

Amen!!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 14, 2006, 10:55:25 AM

Children pick up on little things that we don't think they even notice. A couple of weeks ago, we were at Shells. Someone cracked their crab right behind us, and Nick began hitting his forehead with his fist. Anthony was sitting beside me. He looked at the man, who was now staring at us, and said, "can you be quiet, please? You're bugging my brother."  ;D

#5 : November 14, 2006, 11:08:32 AM

Children actually only repeat what they hear from their parents and the media.  The parents didn't teach them any better.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 14, 2006, 11:24:50 AM

Children actually only repeat what they hear from their parents and the media.  The parents didn't teach them any better.

Like I said, it's a parenting issue; on both sides.  :)

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 14, 2006, 10:00:57 PM

"My dad said that your dad sux as a coach".

That's not necessarily parenting, that's human nature.  A kid hears his dad talking and saying he thinks Gruden is a bad coach.  Then he gets in school and turns it into the above.  Kids are cruel, they don't need help from their parents.  Not that some don't get that help, but they are cruel enough on their own even with good parenting.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 14, 2006, 10:32:25 PM

Well, they can just say, "my daddy's a multi-millionaire and yours are not." ;) Honestly though, that comes down to parenting. Our oldest son has autism. Like my wife and I tell our other three children; people will talk. It's human nature. But, you let mama and I worry about what other people say; you just be a kid.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the Gruden's classmates have multi-million dollar parents.  I don't think they're going to public school.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 14, 2006, 11:55:22 PM

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the Gruden's classmates have multi-million dollar parents.  I don't think they're going to public school.

My kids attend a very nice private school. I'm not a multi-millionaire. Private education can be for the ultra-rich, yes, but it can also just be for people who want a certain type education for their children.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools