Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vatican official caught on tape wanting gay sex « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

: October 18, 2007, 05:12:28 PM

Its funny because I goto an All Catholic High School and our rector, without any real motivation, decided to hand over the school after 25+ years and dissapear into the night. Oddly enough, I had him for 9th grade Algebra and he just had the entire "pervert-priest" look to him. During one of the homilies he gave, he referred to a "one eyed cyclops", thats just when I knew this guy was gay. And it didnt help when the Dean of Students said the guy had touched so many boys it was so funny because it wasnt expected. Never the less, priests and the church are probably a main factor in driving people away from religion. When and if we find alien life on Mars or somewhere out there, Religion is going to take such a huge hit in numbers.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 16, 2007, 06:51:48 PM

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The Vatican said Saturday it has suspended a monsignor from a senior post at the Holy See after an Italian TV program using a hidden camera recorded him making advances to a young man and asserting that gay sex was not sinful.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/10/13/gay.monsignor.ap/index.html

He also said on the tape that he knows several people high up in the Vatican who are homosexuals. So the Pope says that being gay is sinful. That sounds nearly as ignorant and stupid as Ahmadinejad claiming there are no gays in Iran.

And these sex scandals in the church seem to never end. It's one right after another. One has to wonder what Jesus would think of all this mess.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 16, 2007, 07:00:09 PM

LMFAO @ The Catholic Church.

I am Catholic but the Church is so hypocritical and caught up in their own ego. They may have the most followers in the world. But people just stop going to church for such reasons. As long as you believe in your own way why should we have to goto church. Is it becoming necessary to have undercover cops at mass or wires worn by little boys during confession?

heres a thought

Background checks on your priests and laymen.

Stop being so dam hypocritcal! 12 years of catholic school and they never seem to want to explain any of this

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : October 18, 2007, 08:12:07 AM

Well it's better he request gay sex from a young man (presumably of age to have sex with him) than a boy.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 18, 2007, 08:31:36 AM

Well it's better he request gay sex from a young man (presumably of age to have sex with him) than a boy.

True that...I still have to say in defense of Catholic Priests, I went to an inner-city Catholic school in Tampa as an elementary school student.  NEVER once did I have a problem.  And we must have had at least two Priests when I was there.  So while you take stabs at one, let it be pertained to that one as they aren't ALL that way...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 18, 2007, 08:45:27 AM

Priests are like all other professions.  There are good ones, and there are bad ones.  All professions have perverts, priests are scrutinized more because of their position.

Same thing with teachers, the media wants you to believe that there are a higher percentage of teachers that are perverts compared to other professions, but I bet if a study was done, it would be the same for all professions.

Other religions have the exact same problem, but the media likes to latch on to the Catholics...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 18, 2007, 09:31:56 AM

Thing is, there are so many child molesting priests, and these guys are supposted to be the ICONs of proper behavior. 

That is why it is such a big deal in todays society.  BEcause there are so damned many of them.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 18, 2007, 09:39:54 AM

Boid, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Meatloaf song?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 18, 2007, 09:44:35 AM

is there really a higher percentage of child molesting priests than other professions?

you guys are quick to throw priests under the bus, but I bet percentage wise, there are the same amount of child molesting business men, bus drivers, fast food workers, unemployed slackers, etc, as there are priests.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 18, 2007, 09:45:10 AM

Boid, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Meatloaf song?

On a hot summer's night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 18, 2007, 09:51:46 AM

is there really a higher percentage of child molesting priests than other professions?

Probably yes because it is unnatural to expect a male to go through life without sexual contact with someone.  They can't marry or date, strip clubs and hookers are out so some take advantage of the only out they have.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 18, 2007, 09:54:20 AM

Very interesting take...........

Probably yes because it is unnatural to expect a male to go through life without sexual contact with someone. They can't marry or date, strip clubs and hookers are out so some take advantage of the only out they have.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 18, 2007, 10:20:49 AM

Probably yes because it is unnatural to expect a male to go through life without sexual contact with someone. They can't marry or date, strip clubs and hookers are out so some take advantage of the only out they have.

You know, I just don't see the logic there.  How is molesting a child more of an "out [that] they have" than breaking their vows with a consenting, adult woman (or man, for that matter)?  None of those are in the least bit acceptable from the Church's point of view. 

That said, I actually could believe that there would be a somewhat higher percentage of pedophiles in the clergy than there would be in most professions.  A predator might be attracted to it as it would provide better access and availability than most jobs.  The pedophile priest is such a stereotype at this point that he might erroneously conclude that it was somehow acceptable.  Alternately, I can see honestly well-meaning ones conclude that they can't ever have sex anyways, so he might as well join the priesthood, only to succumb to temptation down the line.

But none of that would explain why a vow of celibacy would make your average person turn to children.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#13 : October 18, 2007, 10:22:17 AM

I'll bet if we look at statistics Catholic priests do not have more problems with child molestation than any other religion. I won't say that there isn't a correlation between religious people and child molestation because that could very well be true, but from what I understand there are not more problems with Catholic priests.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 18, 2007, 10:23:59 AM

I'm taking back what I wrote.

What are the rules of other religions regarding their pastors/preachers being able to marry?
I know some allow it.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vatican official caught on tape wanting gay sex « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools