Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: manny being manny « previous next »
Page: 1 2

big_JLB

Starter

: October 19, 2007, 01:50:03 PM

he is a pretty crappy outfielder, but i love watching my jays play them - despite my hatred for the whole redsox organization
...but he did piss out in left field, and i cant decide if he's a huge dude for that or it only makes me hate him more

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 19, 2007, 11:04:00 AM

Joe,

I have seen highlight after highlight of his fielding miscues on espn, they are errors that don't count on his fielding %...  No, I don't watch a lot of RS games, but what I see on espn sickens me as a fan.

I don't need to justify my contempt for a MLB player.

I don't like him.

That is good enough for me.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 19, 2007, 10:52:14 AM

And he should have slid last night and/or knocked the catcher over. I just saw that.

But your description of his fielding is totally off. How many RS games did you watch this year?

2004 WS MVP and phenomenal post-season, clutch hitting.

So, what has he done in his life for you to judge him as a person? Say what you want about
his antics but I'm wondering if I missed something when it comes to his private life. Please
enlighten us.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 19, 2007, 09:35:01 AM

yes, a piss poor fielder.  Misjudging flyballs, poor jumps, limpass arm...

when you get a poor jump on a ball and can't make a play, that does not effect your fielding percentage, it isn't an error.  Same thing with misjudging flyballs by coming in on a ball over your head, or taking your first step back on a ball that lands in front of you, those are all mental errors that do not effect your fielding %, and this guy makes a ton of those mistakes.

He is a selfish turd, puts himself in front of the team, takes days, even weeks off for no apparent reason...  He does not hustle out every ground ball, doesn't get the extra base when he should, just a poor excuse for a ballplayer, he is lucky he can hit.

for these reasons I can't stand the guy.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 19, 2007, 09:00:07 AM

Turbo,

A loser? A bum? A crappy person? What has he done in his life to make him all of those
things?

He probably thinks he looks cool? Huh? I think you're hanging around too many kids.

actually, he is a piss poor fielder.  If he wasn't such a great hitter, his attitude would have him on the WW...

Piss poor fielder? He had two erros last year and two errors this year. He has improved a lot
from a few years ago. You don't know what you're talking about. He's no Mike Cameron in
the field but he is more than adequate.

His posing is ridiculous and caused them a base last night. But other than that, the guy
is an amazing talent and RS fans love him. His words mean nada.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 18, 2007, 08:37:40 AM

man, I can't stand this guy...

as good as he "can" be when he decides to be, I'm glad this idiot doesn't play for my brewers.

"Why should we panic?" he said Wednesday in a rare clubhouse interview. "We've got a great team."

And then, this: "It doesn't happen, so who cares? There's always next year. It's not like it's the end of the world."

btw, nice hair...

::)

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7342858?gt1=10539

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 18, 2007, 09:38:04 AM

Actually, it's that care free attitude that allows him to get those huge hits under
huge pressure. He's always been like that. Nothing new. I remember talking about
this with my RS fan friend 5 years ago.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 18, 2007, 09:40:53 AM

Thats the thing about these celeb atheletes. They really dont care. Manny is just dumb enough to say what
almost all of them feel.

In reality its the fans that are the suckers for paying inflated admission prices, beer, food, parking, just to pay for thier huge contracts.
Kind of makes you want to be a fan of the Rockies............. lol!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 18, 2007, 09:46:17 AM

thing is, this guy gets away with acting like an ass, and for some reason, it passes with a casual "that is just manny being manny" attitude.

it's too bad, I'd like to see this idiot unemployed.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 18, 2007, 09:46:35 AM

Thats the thing about these celeb atheletes. They really dont care. Manny is just dumb enough to say what
almost all of them feel.

In reality its the fans that are the suckers for paying inflated admission prices, beer, food, parking, just to pay for thier huge contracts.
Kind of makes you want to be a fan of the Rockies............. lol!

absolutely...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 18, 2007, 10:08:31 AM

He gets away with it because he produces at the plate and doesn't make huge mistakes in
the field. He's clutch. That will always win the hearts of the fans. No matter what he says.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 18, 2007, 11:00:57 AM

Actually, it can be an adventure with him out in the field.  But he is clutch and at the end of the day he's right.  The sun will come up tomorrow if the Red Sox lose tonight.  I don't think that he isn't trying or that the team is packing it in.  He's just stating a blunt fact.  Sounds kind of bad if you a Sox fan, but is it really?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 18, 2007, 11:24:30 AM

He gets away with it because he produces at the plate and doesn't make huge mistakes in
the field. He's clutch. That will always win the hearts of the fans. No matter what he says.

actually, he is a piss poor fielder.  If he wasn't such a great hitter, his attitude would have him on the WW...

Runole

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 18, 2007, 02:13:56 PM

There are two ways to take his remarks...  And of course the majority take his comment to mean he doesn't care if Boston wins or loses.

Of course in a more pragmatic sense he could be stating that he and his team will do the best they can to try and keep alive in the series and as long as they do they have nothing to be ashamed of.  He is correct there will indeed be another World Series next season and more games to be played.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : October 18, 2007, 02:51:21 PM

His posing after HRs is what bothers me most - and what's this with today's MLBers who don't know how to wear baseball uniforms anymore?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: manny being manny « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools