Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am starting to think Bruce is not the answer « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« : November 14, 2006, 05:06:39 PM »

I am starting to think Bruce is not the answer

Now come on, you know that isn't your strong point.   :P

« #1 : November 14, 2006, 05:04:44 PM »

Grads is very raw uncooked meat; I say let's sign a Matt Shaub or maybe even Jake Plummer to a 2 year deal in the off season, and put Grads back on the bench until he is fully cooked and READY for prime time.

Schaub will cost us a 1st and 3rd round pick if Atlanta tender him. If he hits FA he will be looking for a large multi-year deal.
and he's not worthy of that IMO...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #2 : November 14, 2006, 05:00:02 PM »

Grads is very raw uncooked meat; I say let's sign a Matt Shaub or maybe even Jake Plummer to a 2 year deal in the off season, and put Grads back on the bench until he is fully cooked and READY for prime time.

Schaub will cost us a 1st and 3rd round pick if Atlanta tender him.  If he hits FA he will be looking for a large multi-year deal. 

« #3 : November 14, 2006, 04:52:30 PM »

^
AMEN!!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #4 : November 14, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »

Finding a rookie QB who will play outstanding football is like finding a four-leaf clover. They are out there, but they're rare. Gradkowski is benefitting from having the playing experience, but he's not really been that competitive this year. I think he would have been better suited to sit on the sidelines for a year or two; study a quality QB, and then begin to make his own mark on the team. Unfortunately, I don't think Simms was that quality QB, and Bruce has had to quickly find a way to make some kind of mark. I hope he's not in the position of the starting QB next year, and it has nothing to do with him now. I think it has something to do with him for the future. I'd like to see them bring in a quality free agent QB; one which Gradkowski can groom himself under while waiting for his moment again.

« #5 : November 14, 2006, 04:42:59 PM »

SB4TB

Starter

« #6 : November 14, 2006, 04:32:15 PM »

Come on, he's a rookie! People seem to be forgetting that. He has played way better than we ever could have expected him to. Last night, did he have some bad throws? Yes. But he had some great throws that were dropped, and another good one that G-way gave up on.

People need to realize this.  I know it is frustrating, but give him some time, see how he produces the rest of the year then judge.  I think he has done pretty good considering the running game is non-existent, the offensive line is young and inexperienced, and the recievers have repeatedly dropped his passes. 

gone

Hall of Famer
« #7 : November 14, 2006, 04:03:32 PM »

Chev, I have no clue what they want out of Bruce. People expect him to be looking off safeties, going through all his progressions, recognizing every blitz, reading defenses, calling audibles when he spies the blitz, and making every throw there is to make.
They don't know what they want either.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #8 : November 14, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »

Chev, I have no clue what they want out of Bruce. People expect him to be looking off safeties, going through all his progressions, recognizing every blitz, reading defenses, calling audibles when he spies the blitz, and making every throw there is to make.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

« #9 : November 14, 2006, 04:00:41 PM »

I don't think Bruce has had a fair shake considering the O line, forced into saving a sinking ship, no running game, dropped balls, and so on.  I think he has the brains and tallent, but may lack in some areas of his game.  There were probably some that said Steve Young sucked when he was here, but he flourished with SF.  Bruce may be a little down right now, but I think he will be in the league for a while.  Only time and a system that allows him to prosper will tell.  I'm not a shotgun fan, but I think the time has come for Gruden be a bit more open minded.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 14, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »

We had SO many good looks in the passing game last night, and Bruce didnt do too much.  I have been in his corner and I still am, but if it doesnt get SOMEWHAT better it might be worth looking at Luke this year.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #11 : November 14, 2006, 02:53:33 PM »

I understand ICIT, it was frustrating to see that. If he would've looked off the safety just a little bit on that int to Clayton it would've been wide open. The safety just read his eyes. The reason Brady is so good is because he rarely throws where he's first looking. Grads must develop that to become a better passer.

Having said that you can't get frustrated just yet. Grads has shown more good than bad and hasn't even played half a season as an NFL QB. Just be patient, nothing good will come from yanking QB's in and out. The reason the Bucs have been struggling is because they've lacked continuity at this position. Grads is the man for the job, I know it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #12 : November 14, 2006, 02:54:55 PM »

We had SO many good looks in the passing game last night, and Bruce didnt do too much.  I have been in his corner and I still am, but if it doesnt get SOMEWHAT better it might be worth looking at Luke this year.

It is way too early to know if he is the long-term solution IMO.  Most rookies QB find it hard to adjust the first year or two, and for a rookie Grads’s stats are respectable.  A raw rookie coming out of college needs a couple of years to adjust to the pro game, and in some cases it takes three or four years.  If we had been judging Simms in his first two seasons he would never have made the field last season.

Grads’s deep ball is never going to be his strong suit but it will get better.  Some have called him noodle arm and questioned his arm strength but I don’t think that is the problem.  If you look at most of the inaccurate deep balls, they tend to miss to the right.  That is most likely caused by early release because of  lack of grip with the higher velocity arm motion.  This is a problem that many QBs have, especially someone with small(ish) hands like Grads.  His hand size is probably the main cause of the high number of fumbles.  

His mechanics are good, but he will always be prone to missing deep balls to the right.  One easy solution to that problem is for Grads to aim slightly left of where he actually wants the ball to go when he is slinging the ball downfield.  That is going to take him a while to adjust to with the speed of the NFL but hopefully he can work on it.  

Who knows if he can progress enough to be the starter next season and beyond, but right now he is in good position to be challenging for the starters spot in camp.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #13 : November 14, 2006, 03:29:04 PM »

Come on, he's a rookie!  People seem to be forgetting that.  He has played way better than we ever could have expected him to.  Last night, did he have some bad throws?  Yes.  But he had some great throws that were dropped, and another good one that G-way gave up on.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

« #14 : November 14, 2006, 03:33:25 PM »

he shows flashes of brilliancy and then seems to forget how to get back to that mind set....he didn't check down as much in last nights game as he has in previous games which is a plus, he is starting to see the field better and soon enough the game will slow down for him. He's 2-4 as a starter and I am pleased with his efforts so far....give him till the end of the season and then we can contemplate on what we want to do about our QB situation
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I am starting to think Bruce is not the answer « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools