Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde's Message « previous next »
Page: 1

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: November 14, 2006, 07:24:39 PM

Ronde Barber
6: 58 PM
11/14/06

"We are out there playing football whether we are down by ten or whatever. I'll extend that to the fans. Enjoy the football.  Go out and enjoy the game."

He didn't have to say that, because the obvious reply is "Sure Ronde we are supposed to enjoy this garbage?"  He's saying look I can't do anything about how bad the team is but I'm going out there to play football like I always do because I have pride in my game. Go out and have a good time at the game.  Enjoy being in the stands at an NFL football game.

IanD15

Rookie

#1 : November 14, 2006, 08:46:17 PM

Great player thats for sure.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 14, 2006, 08:52:34 PM

I would give my right nut to go to a game even if we did get stomped all over......I can never go with 4 kids and a wife, who dosent really care that much about it, and **CENSORED**es at spending $6 for a movie....much less $100 for a ticket to a game.....

I would go to a game if I was the ONLY Buc fan there,  with my jersey and hat on, and cheer like there was 50,000 of us there.........so those of you that get to go, feel lucky....not all of us have that option.

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 14, 2006, 08:55:11 PM

I would give my right nut to go to a game even if we did get stomped all over......I can never go with 4 kids and a wife, who dosent really care that much about it, and **CENSORED**es at spending $6 for a movie....much less $100 for a ticket to a game.....

I would go to a game if I was the ONLY Buc fan there, with my jersey and hat on, and cheer like there was 50,000 of us there.........so those of you that get to go, feel lucky....not all of us have that option.

It's a priveledge for sure,but it ain't always the party you think it is bro...some days I think it's better to watch on TV...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#4 : November 14, 2006, 09:00:33 PM

Im sure but I have been a fan for a very very very long time (since i was 5....28 now), and have only been to one to which i stayed in the parking lot with about 20 steeler fans......my friend told me "just come, we can get you a ticket" and it never panned out....i have never got to feel the crowd roar, or smell the love.........its not about weather we win or loose, its the love of the game..

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 14, 2006, 09:55:44 PM

It's a priveledge for sure,but it ain't always the party you think it is bro...some days I think it's better to watch on TV...

Funny, I've never thought that. No matter what the conditions, score, or cost, to me there's nothing like sitting in the stadium for a game.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 14, 2006, 09:58:21 PM

In my twelve years of going to Bucs games (Don't live in Tampa anymore) I never regretted
going to a game. I even loved it when they sucked. I still get excited to watch the games
on Sunday no matter what the record happens to be. I always see the upside and potential
for improvement. This year, I am fascinated to be able to watch a rookie QB learn the
ropes. I can't wait to see how it turns out for Grads. I am seeing lots of good things
and he isn't even supposed to be on the field at this point.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 15, 2006, 09:13:04 AM

there's alot for real fans to appreciate, still...that's not a snobbish statement, we've got alot of good young players finding their way, and we're going to see even more of them as the season goes on....i'm going to be enjoying watching the kids develop, and watching some of the vets who may not be here next year play in pewter & red for the last time...

that being said, i am definitely aborting my plans of going to pittsburgh and chicago...between the freezing cold and being out of the hunt, i think i might appreciate the game more on TV, and so will my bank account.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#8 : November 15, 2006, 09:16:07 AM

I would go to a game if I was the ONLY Buc fan there,  with my jersey and hat on, and cheer like there was 50,000 of us there.........so those of you that get to go, feel lucky....not all of us have that option.

i'm sure SCOUT is willing to give up his tickets for free, should give him a ring - he's off the bandwagon

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 15, 2006, 09:18:43 AM

Funny, I've never thought that. No matter what the conditions, score, or cost, to me there's nothing like sitting in the stadium for a game.

I totally agree.   Even that rainstorm game against the Chiefs in 79 was better in person than it would have been in the dry comfort of my living room.   

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 15, 2006, 10:20:19 AM

Some Sundays are really tough for me.  I'm strictly speaking of my own experience.  When the Eagles were here I was in a mood.  I knew they would be in force and I knew it would be ugly, especially if we lost.  Back in the day when the other colored Jerseys outnumbered ours it wasn't so bad because I knew what time it was.  We were losers then and the spin was, hey thanks for coming and helping the Tampa economy.  Now that we have risen to power, or thought we had, for me it's tough to see all the other teams come in here and act the fool on our turf.  I know better than to start a fight or to be rude to visiting fans, but deep down, I hate them being there.  Can't stand to see them and I don't care how nice they are.  I feel like it should only be our fans and maybe a sprinkle of theirs, if they can get in.  So for me, with this losing going on, and our fans selling tickets like hotcakes it's not fun to sit there while we are getting our brains beat in and have some jerk wearing the other teams colors sitting right next to me when I know the guy who was there a few weeks ago was on the bandwagon and has jumped off. 

But that's just me.

I still get goose bumps walking into the Ray Jay.  I still love to see the guys warming up before the game.  The smell of beer, hot dogs and peanuts in the air always makes me nostalgic.  But I know and realize that most, who can afford to buy tickets, aren't hardcore like we are here on the message board.  If I had my druthers or if I were an owner, I'd find a way to make the crowd more partisan than it is today.  Even with the bandwagon jumpers.  But I know it's not about that for the Glazers.  While I'm sure they want a winner on the field, I know they sleep better with the money in the bank.  I'm sure they aren't the only owners who feel that way either.  There's only one JJ, A. Blank, and A. Davis in this league...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 15, 2006, 11:19:02 AM

wow

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : November 15, 2006, 12:35:46 PM

"Just accept the fact that we suck...we sure have! It's still an NFL football game even though our offense looks like a high school team. Plus, I am going to play because that's what I get paid to do and I have a contract so I can't just give a 2 weeks notice." - Ronde Barber
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ronde's Message « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools