Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching Bay News 9 Sports « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: November 15, 2006, 08:50:09 AM

This will kill some of you, but Rock Riley said Bruce Allen is preparing an offer for Chris Simms. Watching Grads will do that for you!

I may not be too popular with this statement BUT I think we should resign Chris Simms and build around this kid and Caddy as planned.  Put Bruce back at #2 and go forward from there. As Holmgren did with Hasselbeck I think we should do with Simms. I just cant get out of myy mind how good he was in 05.

I think Chris was a victim of inactivity in the preseason and WR miscues as Grads is now. How many passes did we see Galloway drop when Chris was the QB this season. We were not sharp to start the season and we were coming into our own in the Panther game. If Chris doesnt get hurt in that Panther game I see us winning that game...remember the goal line drive that Simms blacked out in where we could have got a TD not a FG. and I think we would be a .500 or better club right now

IMO Gradkowski is a good QB but his inexperience is killing us and I think he will be "better" next year but I think Chris is our best option

#1 : November 15, 2006, 08:42:01 AM

Well, according to many football gurus on this board--all knowing, all seeing--it'll never happen.

Ok.  Did anyone say they wouldn't make him an offer?  I still think he won't resign, simply because he'll get more money elsewhere.  If he doesn't get a better offer, I'll be surprised.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : November 15, 2006, 08:38:24 AM

Gruden's pressure will get results from great veteran players. He destroys young players. Cadillac, Clayton, and Simms, are three prime examples. Simms will find a better situation elsewhere.

I've said this in another thread, Gruden is not the only offensive coach on the team. When things go bad on defense Monte gets a pass and people are quick to jump on the defensive assistants, yet on offense it's all Gruden's fault. We all should understand the importance of a good postion coach, we had one of the best in Marinelli. The players probably spend more time with their respective position coaches then with Gruden. You never hear the position coaches called out, except Muir. When will Valero, Mann, Hackett, and Middleton be questioned for the regression of some of these players? Maybe these guys just aren't getting the job done? I really don't know, because you rarely hear about them

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 15, 2006, 08:17:01 AM

Gruden has taken responsibility for the collapse of this team. I believe him, in particular with his QBs. He overloads them and doesn't adapt the system to fit their strengths. He blew smoke up Gradkowsli's butt all summer and pretty much ignored Simms. I believe he undermined Simms' confidence and aided his regression. Simms had some great games last season and looked like some Pearl River CC podunk this year. He was lost in a lost world.

If Simms has any sense at all, he will go find a team that really wants him to succeed. I believe McKay knew Simms would be a bad fit (sabotage) for Gruden's system. Combine that with a poor OL etc. and Gruden's attitude, not a great chance to win much.

Gruden's pressure will get results from great veteran players. He destroys young players. Cadillac, Clayton, and Simms, are three prime examples. Simms will find a better situation elsewhere.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : November 14, 2006, 11:18:20 PM

This will kill some of you, but Rock Riley said Bruce Allen is preparing an offer for Chris Simms. Watching Grads will do that for you!

#5 : November 14, 2006, 11:20:04 PM

I know what killed you...the Rays doing what I said last night from my sources...and OUTBIDDING THE SOX...for Akinori Iwamura....

and good he'll make a fine backup.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : November 14, 2006, 11:23:51 PM

You have obviously mistaken me for somebody who gives a rats ass about the Devil Rays. Give it a rest. This is the f-o-o-t-b-a-l-l board.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 14, 2006, 11:34:58 PM

Of course they're going to make him an offer. Why wouldn't they?

#8 : November 14, 2006, 11:36:00 PM

Of course they're going to make him an offer. Why wouldn't they?
Because the Bucs have no common sense......it took Karen setting Jon Gruden's wardrobe on fire to get the message across / sarcasm

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : November 14, 2006, 11:37:23 PM

Well, according to many football gurus on this board--all knowing, all seeing--it'll never happen.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 14, 2006, 11:38:19 PM

Because the Bucs have no common sense......it took Karen setting Jon Gruden's wardrobe on fire to get the message across / sarcasm

LOL. Well, clearly it's no surprise that the Bucs would make an offer, some kind of offer at least, to one of their experienced FA players.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : November 14, 2006, 11:39:01 PM

Aren't the DRays buying some one in Japan, RJ?

#12 : November 14, 2006, 11:39:07 PM

if your speaking of the other thread, I meant drafting a QB in round one, not re-signing Simms....I was in favor if it's a lowball deal, I like Chris, but he was looking out for himself and 'payday' therefore I could careless if he's signed for vet min.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 14, 2006, 11:39:23 PM

You REALLY don't understand how this business works, do you? It's okay to admit it. Truly it is.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 14, 2006, 11:39:46 PM

Great. We will have another year of batted down passes.

They may give him an offer for a backup or a 3rd string. And he may take it. But I don't see Chris starting for this team next year.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching Bay News 9 Sports « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools