Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching Bay News 9 Sports « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : November 14, 2006, 11:40:16 PM

LMAO....

< - - - - - - - - - Akinori Iwamura

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 14, 2006, 11:40:57 PM

Great. We will have another year of batted down passes.

Not if he's on the bench.

#17 : November 14, 2006, 11:41:34 PM

Great. We will have another year of batted down passes.

Not if he's on the bench.
if that's the case Karen might burn Jon's house down

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#18 : November 14, 2006, 11:41:48 PM

Well, according to many football gurus on this board--all knowing, all seeing--it'll never happen.

You REALLY don't understand how this business works, do you? It's okay to admit it. Truly it is.
What the hell does that mean? As a matter of fact I do. It's not some secret society.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 14, 2006, 11:45:58 PM

What the hell does that mean? As a matter of fact I do. It's not some secret society.

What it means is you act as though it is some sort of major news or stunning development that the Bucs are going to make Simms an offer. An offer to him was a given. Even the non-Simms crowd knew that.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : November 14, 2006, 11:54:38 PM

So all the people saying there's no way he comes back are just dumb? ???

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 14, 2006, 11:57:30 PM

So all the people saying there's no way he comes back are just dumb? ???

Well, he may not come back. An offer doesn't mean anything until he signs the contract. So I wouldn't call them dumb, but anyone who said that the Bucs wouldn't even offer him a contract at all were simply wrong. Of course you offer him a contract, but you aren't going to break the bank for him.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : November 15, 2006, 12:06:09 AM

Break the bank,no, but it depends how bad Grads gets.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 15, 2006, 12:20:03 AM

Because the Bucs have no common sense......it took Karen setting Jon Gruden's wardrobe on fire to get the message across / sarcasm

LOL. Well, clearly it's no surprise that the Bucs would make an offer, some kind of offer at least, to one of their experienced FA players.
It isn't?

Given the fact that he isn't the same guy that lit up Grudens eyes, and had his spleen busted, and wasn't a fir for this offense, why would that not be a suprise?  Oh yeah, did I fail to mention he is on the IR, and isn't playing again this year? 

It just tells me the Bucs have not set their sails on Grads, no matter what anyone thinks.

That is, if it is true...

And if it is, I am going to be a happy camper.  It would be money well spent.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 15, 2006, 12:25:13 AM

It isn't?

Not to those who understand the business of football, it certainly isn't.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 15, 2006, 12:27:24 AM

It isn't?

Not to those who understand the business of football, it certainly isn't.
Way to not include the rest of the post.

To me, it would be a suprise.  This eaerly in the season, it would lend me to believe they are putting their feelers out...to see what he will do.

Now tell me that doesn't make sense, nor is that a suprise.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 15, 2006, 12:30:06 AM

What, people can't read?

To me, it would be a suprise.

Not much I really need to say about that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 15, 2006, 12:33:19 AM

What, people can't read?

To me, it would be a suprise.

Not much I really need to say about that.
If you want to compartmentalize to make your point more valid, or to insinuate that your knowledge is greater than mine, fine.

Do as you want, but my points are valid.  And your point is to say, "Not to those who understand the business of football, it isn't".

Yeah.  Thanks for the great post.  I imagine your business skills are sought after throughout the NFL.  Not getting catty, but mildly insulting as you are.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#28 : November 15, 2006, 01:56:08 AM

And how many football "geniuses" said with complete "authority" that this would never happen? Not Gruden's guy...if Gruden's future is on the line, maybe Grads isn't his guy after all.

#29 : November 15, 2006, 08:57:00 AM

And how many football "geniuses" said with complete "authority" that this would never happen? Not Gruden's guy...if Gruden's future is on the line, maybe Grads isn't his guy after all.

I think We have Chris, Bruce, a veteren QB "Mark Brunell", and an undrafted FA next year
Watch this offseason Chris will have his s#!1 together. I think Chris works hard, gets into awesome shape, and cures the batted ball syndrome. We take a risk with Chris I think we will be rewarded
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching Bay News 9 Sports « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools