Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching Bay News 9 Sports « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #30 : November 15, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »

Well, according to many football gurus on this board--all knowing, all seeing--it'll never happen.

Karen – The Bucs will make Simms and offer, that is just good business.  He has three years with the playbook and with Gruden’s offense that is a valuable asset.   It will be a low-ball competing back-up type of offer, and Chris will go to FA and test the market. 

BTW – JF has said that the Bucs will make an offer for about a month, maybe that is where Rock is pulling his info from.   ;)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #31 : November 15, 2006, 09:20:35 AM »

obviously the bucs make him an offer.....the bucs make every departing FA not named warren sapp an offer...i doubt he'll accept the offer though.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #32 : November 15, 2006, 09:34:56 AM »

OK, I am not a Simms fan, well not running this WCO, but if I were the GM I would make Simms an offer.  It is just good business and makes sense for several possible reasons:

1 – The Bucs have a history of losing QBS with injury and Simms’s knowledge of the playbook makes him more valuable than <insert FA name>

2 – If he gets to FA we lose him and he will have no trade value.

3 – If the Bucs (owners) decide that Gruden needs replacing a new coach might want to build a different offense, and Simms might be a valuable asset.

4 – Maybe they do actually see Simms has a starter in Gruden’s offense.

Lots of good reasons to make him a cap friendly three-year deal.  A contract with $3 million signing bonus, and salaries of $1 million, $2 million and $3 million, doesn’t hurt the Bucs. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #33 : November 15, 2006, 09:50:48 AM »

Gruden has taken responsibility for the collapse of this team. I believe him, in particular with his QBs. He overloads them and doesn't adapt the system to fit their strengths. He blew smoke up Gradkowsli's butt all summer and pretty much ignored Simms. I believe he undermined Simms' confidence and aided his regression. Simms had some great games last season and looked like some Pearl River CC podunk this year. He was lost in a lost world.

If Simms has any sense at all, he will go find a team that really wants him to succeed. I believe McKay knew Simms would be a bad fit (sabotage) for Gruden's system. Combine that with a poor OL etc. and Gruden's attitude, not a great chance to win much.

Gruden's pressure will get results from great veteran players. He destroys young players. Cadillac, Clayton, and Simms, are three prime examples. Simms will find a better situation elsewhere.

Ignored Simms? Do you really think that? Simms was the #1 guy all summer and into training camp and never once offered any hint that Gruden overloaded him. Simms has said all along that he LOVES to play for Gruden. I think your off-base big time. The COACHES likes what they saw from Grads in TC and why would they not?

Aww, poor Simms, he was lost in a lost world. That's insane, he stunk like my bulldogs shlt and threw game-changing int's ala SoB.

Screw Simms, I hope he never wears a Buc uniform again.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #34 : November 15, 2006, 09:55:10 AM »

And how many football "geniuses" said with complete "authority" that this would never happen? Not Gruden's guy...if Gruden's future is on the line, maybe Grads isn't his guy after all.
There was always going to be an offer.  It's not gonna be what he wants is my guess, but that aside, the reason a lot of us think he won't be back is because he won't want to be back, and he'll get other offers elsewhere that will either be more money or a better "fit".  Thats been the expectation all along.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #35 : November 15, 2006, 10:39:42 AM »

Look right now Chris is still in a good position.  While he wasn't stellar and might not command the payday he envisioned.  Someone will offer him some grip.  So if you are Chris, or one of his crotch nuzzlers to borrow a phrase, what do you do?  Do you take the, I'm assuming, low ball one year deal from the Bucs?  Or do you wait for a team who is in QB hell and hope they offer you some security and take it and run with it?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

« #36 : November 15, 2006, 12:36:01 PM »

How reliable is Rock Reily as a source?

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #37 : November 15, 2006, 12:47:11 PM »

yeah I have to agree, now that I see for my own eyes a Gruden QB, its not Simms. A Gruden QB is a guy who is short like Gruden, went to a half assed school like Gruden, is scrappy like Gruden. and who can run and throw any pass in a 10 yard radius with accuracy. He is looking for himself in a QB.

Simms will get offers because he is a hard worker, a team player and has all the skills needed to play QB in the NFL. I guess Gruden prefers Scrappy and mobile... over substance.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #38 : November 15, 2006, 12:49:57 PM »

I guess Gruden prefers Scrappy and mobile... over substance.

Or guys who can learn the offense over guys who can't.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #39 : November 15, 2006, 12:53:45 PM »

I guess Gruden prefers Scrappy and mobile... over substance.

Or guys who can learn the offense over guys who can't.
Well he is still searching then...unless throwing to checkdown guys all game is par for the course.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Watching Bay News 9 Sports « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools