Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's my college prospect... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: November 15, 2006, 08:48:51 AM

Thank you Karen, we didn't hear you the first time...

I want to see Bruce Allen make that call... prove to everyone that HE's the GM... and give Gruden a little help...

Contrary to popular belief, I don't believe that the playcalling is the problem.  Last game, it was just plain lack of execution.  Obviously, this still falls on Gruden (and Karen, to a slightly lesser degree), but what we need is to get some experience/some players who can get it done.

I do hope Gruden turns it around before it's too late for him.

psymun

Starter
#1 : November 14, 2006, 11:22:37 PM

LANE KIFFIN...

He runs the west coast offense...

He get's the most out of his players...

He's a great motivator...

He's Monte's Son...

The Bucs NEED and an Offensive Coordinator to give Gruden a hand. I think he needs someone to help him with the play-calling... And the main thing that Gruden's offense lacks is a blocking scheme, he's said it himself, he doesn't bother with blocking schemes... he leaves that up to Bill Muir... and you see what he's done with that...

An added bonus would be the competition in practice with Kiffin vs. Kiffin...

Keep in mind... The Buccaneers have hired Jay Gruden (Jon's Bro) and Joe Barry (Rod Marinelli's son-in-law)

I honestly don't believe this is a 2-7 team... But I do think that we need help at Coaching positions as well as player postitions. Coaches need to step up, and others should be replaced (Muir/Bisaccia).

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#2 : November 14, 2006, 11:25:28 PM

Gruden's ego will not allow an offensive coordinator.

#3 : November 14, 2006, 11:28:20 PM

Karen's ego will not allow common sense to prevail.

psymun

Starter
#4 : November 14, 2006, 11:31:50 PM

And just to fully piss off USC... we can pick up Ken Norton Jr. (their linebacker's coach) to replace Joe Barry, as he will likely be headed to Detroit at the end of the season...

LA BUC

Starter

#5 : November 15, 2006, 12:01:28 AM

And take Steve Smith in the draft . That would be perfect.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 15, 2006, 12:21:47 AM

I would not mind seeing Jon sign a OC.  But at his age, with his energy level, he is not going to go for it.  The man obviously wants to run the offense, enjoys it, and until he gets old and wrinkly, there is no reason to believe he will delegate his authority.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : November 15, 2006, 02:11:50 AM

Don't forget Gru's ego.

psymun

Starter
#8 : November 15, 2006, 02:22:43 AM

Thank you Karen, we didn't hear you the first time...

I want to see Bruce Allen make that call... prove to everyone that HE's the GM... and give Gruden a little help...

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#9 : November 15, 2006, 03:08:24 PM

I've been guilty of being criticial of the playcalling myself, but you cant really fault Gruden for the way he has been calling games. All of his homerun shots have been well timed, just poorly executed. The tight ends have had no choice but to stay and block because we simply cannot trust the right side of our line. The receivers this year have dropped over 20 passes this year.. thats REDICULOUS. It's not so much the playcalling as it is the execution.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 15, 2006, 04:19:52 PM

Guys, you simply can't forget. Gruden has an ego.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 15, 2006, 04:39:43 PM

Wont happen because Gruden has an EGGO now lego.

chcwarriorpoet

Second String

#12 : November 15, 2006, 05:17:35 PM

Wasn't Bill Calahan Gruden's OC with the Raiders? They gave him the job cause he could keep them running Gruden's offense.

psymun

Starter
#13 : November 15, 2006, 07:56:40 PM

The OC now is Bill Muir... the OC doesn't neccassarilly call the plays... the OC suggests plays that should be run...

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 15, 2006, 11:35:38 PM

Hackett helps with the playcalling and alot of other stuff...muir's responsible for the run game...art valero is an assistan HC...it's not like gruden runs this offense in a void, there's guys helping him out alot
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's my college prospect... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools