Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads still makes great decisions « previous next »
Page: 1

coopsxx

Starter
: November 15, 2006, 03:47:29 AM

I know even more people are down on him after the Panthers game, but he was still making great decisions, infact maybe the best decsions so far, since he was using his backfield receivers as final options as they should be.

the turnovers, were still good throwing decsions just bad execution, that will surely improve.

#1 : November 15, 2006, 09:08:04 AM

No, that first pick the WR was blanketed and the throw never should have gone there. He made a few bad decision, all qB's will make a few bad decisions let alone rookies. He got burned on his this time out. Don't try and make this some all or nothing thing. This might have been his worst game as far as his all around game went BUT when you look at it in light of the "worst game" of a lot of other rookies it isn't even a blip on the radar.

I disagree about that first pick.  Galloway had to slow down, he had a step on the CB, Grads just underthrew it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 15, 2006, 09:09:37 AM

No, that first pick the WR was blanketed and the throw never should have gone there. He made a few bad decision, all qB's will make a few bad decisions let alone rookies. He got burned on his this time out. Don't try and make this some all or nothing thing. This might have been his worst game as far as his all around game went BUT when you look at it in light of the "worst game" of a lot of other rookies it isn't even a blip on the radar.

I disagree about that first pick.  Galloway had to slow down, he had a step on the CB, Grads just underthrew it.

Both picks were iffy decision and poor throws. IMO 

That is no big deal, all QBs make mistakes, even the vets.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#3 : November 15, 2006, 09:14:02 AM

at least it took 147 or so attempts before he finally had one  INT again.....thats an upside, but to throw 2 in a game is costly, but for it only being his 6th game i am pleased with most of his progression

#4 : November 15, 2006, 09:19:35 AM

I dunno...looking at it, Galloway clearly had a step and a half on him, but Grads needed to get it 4 yards deeper.  On the Clayton throw, he needed to get rid of it quicker or lead him towards the sideline.  That one was rough.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 15, 2006, 09:21:04 AM

I didn't think that his decisions to make the throws were bad ones at all, but the they were poor throws.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 15, 2006, 09:55:36 AM

correct but at least the int's thrown didn't change the complex of the game ala Simms and SoB.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 15, 2006, 09:55:57 AM

Both receivers were open but both throws were late.  Bruce just has to keep adjusting to the speed of the NFL.  Right decision in both cases but too late.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 15, 2006, 10:31:27 AM

Both receivers were open but both throws were late.  Bruce just has to keep adjusting to the speed of the NFL.  Right decision in both cases but too late.

As of right now, Gradkowski has played no more than 175 minutes of NFL regular season football. 175 minutes. That's not even three whole hours of plays behind center. So yes, you're right, time to adjust his game is required.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grads still makes great decisions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools