Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #45 : November 15, 2006, 01:06:33 PM »

What facinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team. You have that and people complain and in the meantime you have a rookie QB play one game against NO and all of a sudden he is the future.

Its immature fanism at its finest....

I'm not clamoring for Simms to be back and I'm not saying Grads is the future. I distinctfully remember telling some here on this board to wait a few weeks and see how he adjusts his game while everyone was annointing him the next tom brady because he is a 6 th round pick, ugh, goofy....

Simms play was god-awful. You're telling me 7ints and 1TD in 3 games is just struggling a little bit? Geat real. I never said Grads was the future but I know for damn sure Simms isn't. Watching Grads made it more clear and if it didn't for you, sorry. Call me whatever you want, I've watched enough football in my life to know Simms sucks.

It was awful, that is obvious. Can you put 2 starts up for a QB that lead a team to a division title and almost won a playoff game on the plank for 2 bad games? You think simms sucks, fine by me, don't care. I think Grads is a backup at best. So met me half way, maybe we need to draft Quinn or Troy Smith. I dont know, but I do know this, Simms has way more talent and upside than Grads, he lead a team that was thought to go 6-10 to a division title last year and you want him gone because he had 2 miserable games, one against a great defense and another on the road, not me.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #46 : November 15, 2006, 01:08:06 PM »

What facinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team.

But it was more than that. It went back to the offseason and training camp and his continuing struggle to learn, understand, process, relate and manage the offense. Add on the fact that you had members of staff other than Jon Gruden lobbying for the raw 6th round pick to start on opening day, and it paints a much clearer picture of what has been going on with the position.

That is just out right wrong, you are wrong in this assesment. Ok, from PR to chris mortensen, everyone who was asked who looked the most impressive this offseason, they responded Chris Simms.........That is just not true, he looked great this offseason per PR and ESPN and Sportingnews and SportsIllustrated, etc etc etc....What did grads do in the preseason against 4 th string defenses, whoa, whooptie doo, he threw a few TD's, ran a little bit, showed some grit, its the NFL....
Exactly.

But Gruden didn't have that "gleam" in his eye when he talked about Simms...you know, the way he talks about GRads?

Really.  Go back and watch for the glint, the twinkle....bah.

Simms was heralded as a guy who was ready.

He started out rough, no doubt.  But in time, I think he would have righted his numbers.  HIs ability as a QB are not in doubt, IMO.  The batted passes are not that disturbing anymore, considering the ratios are about even.  It might the use of a three step drop, and the lack of explosion from the O-line to drive people backward.

The picks were distressing, but versus the Ravens, what are you going to say?  Their defense is tough, espescially the secondary.  He had one in ATL that bounced off a guys foot and popped up into the dbacks arms.  HE had one that was tipped at the LOS and brought back by Haloti Ngata. HE had one to start the Carolina game out, and then leveled out and almost brought the Bucs back (I blame the defense for that loss).  HE would have righted the ship.

Simms knows the plays, but the O-line was REALLY struggling when he was in (the loss of Davin, the use of MAhan, and the dissapearance of TErry are factors).  Simms was playing when the team was just starting to feel the difficulties they were  about to endure.  And GRads is only a few dropped picks away from actually having about 6 or 7 picks himself.

Simms should be back.  I have that feeling the staff understands this as well.

A voice of reason, nice post, good articulation.

Baghead #2

« #47 : November 15, 2006, 01:10:15 PM »

In case you haven't notice the offense hasn't exactly improved since he went down. Yes Simms was playing poorly, but so was every one else. Simms is a player who isn't going to make an offense, but who if surrounded with talent can make big plays. I say if you have the oppurtunity to bring back a young QB who has one of the best arms in the game and who has been in your sytem for four years, without having to make a big commitment, then why not do it to at least have competition in camp.

Actually, before this last game, the points scored by offense and yards per game had actually gone up since Simms went down.  The surrounding offensive units actually, according to PR, graded higher during Simms reign than Grads.

Not really weighing in on this one, but the premise of this post is false.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #48 : November 15, 2006, 01:11:08 PM »

Neither have you!!!

Oh but I most certainly have.
I've coached Pop Warner too just as you have. So I guess we're even. Fake!!! I hope i'm not the only one who realizes how much you try to promote yourself. It's kind of sad that you're seeking validation from a message board.

« #49 : November 15, 2006, 01:11:20 PM »

Simms should be back.  I have that feeling the staff understands this as well.

At what cost?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #50 : November 15, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »

In case you haven't notice the offense hasn't exactly improved since he went down. Yes Simms was playing poorly, but so was every one else. Simms is a player who isn't going to make an offense, but who if surrounded with talent can make big plays. I say if you have the oppurtunity to bring back a young QB who has one of the best arms in the game and who has been in your sytem for four years, without having to make a big commitment, then why not do it to at least have competition in camp.

Actually, before this last game, the points scored by offense and yards per game had actually gone up since Simms went down. The surrounding offensive units actually, according to PR, graded higher during Simms reign than Grads.

Not really weighing in on this one, but the premise of this post is false.

I would only hope, Simms had his worst 2 game stretch in his career.........

Baghead #2

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #51 : November 15, 2006, 01:12:50 PM »

I said philosophy not scheme...there's that pesky reading comprehension thing again.

You're implying that Gruden is offering Gradkowski the chance to throw the ball deep more often than Simms. That's just simply not the case.
Go ahead and tell us this is what you know to be true because gruden had you over for dinner last night and how Bruce Allen has you on speed dial. STFU

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #52 : November 15, 2006, 01:13:08 PM »

At what cost?

I would def use this year as leverage. I'm not saying he needs a 6 year deal but I don't think we can scrap a guy who played great at times last year and played well in a lot of games just because he had a miserable start behind a miserable line. Give him a 3 year deal for as cheap as you can get and go from there.

If you don't you better draft a QB.

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #53 : November 15, 2006, 01:13:45 PM »

Simms knows the plays, but the O-line was REALLY struggling when he was in

the O-line is a lot worse now than at the start of the season.

And GRads is only a few dropped picks away from actually having about 6 or 7 picks himself.

All QBs have risky passes that could have been intercepted, Simms had several.....lame argument Boid.

You are basing you "feeling" on what?  I listen to everything that comes out of OneBuc from the players and coaches, and I haven't heard a whisper to suggest your feeling is correct.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #54 : November 15, 2006, 01:14:29 PM »

I've coached Pop Warner too just as you have. So I guess we're even. Fake!!! I hope i'm not the only one who realizes how much you try to promote yourself. It's kind of sad that you're seeking validation from a message board.

Nice try, but completely ineffective. And I don't seek any validation on a message board. I simply enjoy providing the factual information I have and people here are free to take it or leave it as they choose.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #55 : November 15, 2006, 01:15:31 PM »

Nice try, but completely ineffective. And I don't seek any validation on a message board. I simply enjoy providing the factual information I have and people here are free to take it or leave it as they choose.
LMAO. Facts? Prove it!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #56 : November 15, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »

Give him a 3 year deal for as cheap as you can get and go from there.

If you don't you better draft a QB.

I am sure Allen will try and sign Simms to a very cap friendly 3-year deal, but Simms will test FA.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #57 : November 15, 2006, 01:17:46 PM »

Simms knows the plays, but the O-line was REALLY struggling when he was in

the O-line is a lot worse now than at the start of the season.

And GRads is only a few dropped picks away from actually having about 6 or 7 picks himself.

All QBs have risky passes that could have been intercepted, Simms had several.....lame argument Boid.

You are basing you "feeling" on what?  I listen to everything that comes out of OneBuc from the players and coaches, and I haven't heard a whisper to suggest your feeling is correct.

The line is worse now??? Mahan was a joke and the line now has Trueblood with 6 games under his belt and Joseph starting and gaining experience and buenning is playing again, no Mahan. Did you see the hightlight on the hits simms took?

Regarding picks- Simms is just unlucky and Grads is lucky, that is comforting to know

I think that is the sentiment and time will tell. They cant come out and openly say Simms is our guy when you can use this as leverage for a contract negotiation.

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #58 : November 15, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »

Go ahead and tell us this is what you know to be true because gruden had you over for dinner last night and how Bruce Allen has you on speed dial. STFU

I do not regularly have dinner with coach, and Bruce Allen certainly does not have my number on speed dial. But this post of yours did, indeed, display a very mature approach. That certainly bolsters your position on the topic at hand. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt, but I may suggest developing a thicker skin if you don't care for others providing an informed opinion because it happens to be different than your own.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #59 : November 15, 2006, 01:19:07 PM »

At what cost?
I don't know, but the fact that they are talking to him now, this early in the season despite his situation speaks volumes to me about their desire to lock him up.  Who knows how long for.  But the pickings are slim this year in FA, and Simms knows the lingo, the plays, and has some abilities that are useable.  Having a spleen erupt on him might also make him more mobile.

One thing is for sure, the man is tough.

If you sit back and think about it without prejudice, factor in what he had to go through at the onset of the season, the entire team was in a shamble, and versus Carolina, he looked like he was starting to catch his stride...

He was getting better, and warming up.  Unfortunately, he lost an organ, was part of exactly 0 wins (in 3 games), and that has skewed everyones opinions on him.  Of course, versus Carolina, the defense failed to stop Delhomme on fourth and 10, and gave up that key scramble to preserve their drive.  They let him march right down RJ, and kick that winning FG.  Versus ATL, they got robbed of a pick six, and that might have been the reason why Simms kept chucking deep balls downfield in an effort to make something happen.  Unfortunately, D.Hall is a nasty corner.  Their are many facotrs in SImms piss poor two outings (the third was pretty good), I just think SImms is a better QB from what I have seen.  ASide from his refusal to run to pick up that extra 3 or 4 yards, which drove me nuts...but that is one thing that CAN be fixed.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools