Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#60 : November 15, 2006, 01:20:05 PM

I said philosophy not scheme...there's that pesky reading comprehension thing again.

You're implying that Gruden is offering Gradkowski the chance to throw the ball deep more often than Simms. That's just simply not the case.
What facinates me about the whole thing is that Simms leads us to a division title (one we weren't suppose to contend for), was an eyelash away from winning a playoff game and then this year he has 2 bad starts against a great Ravens defense and a healthy atlanta defense and struggles along with everyone else on the team. You have that and people complain and in the meantime you have a rookie QB play one game against NO and all of a sudden he is the future.

Its immature fanism at its finest....

I'm not clamoring for Simms to be back and I'm not saying Grads is the future. I distinctfully remember telling some here on this board to wait a few weeks and see how he adjusts his game while everyone was annointing him the next tom brady because he is a 6 th round pick, ugh, goofy....

Simms play was god-awful. You're telling me 7ints and 1TD in 3 games is just struggling a little bit? Geat real. I never said Grads was the future but I know for damn sure Simms isn't. Watching Grads made it more clear and if it didn't for you, sorry. Call me whatever you want, I've watched enough football in my life to know Simms sucks.

It was awful, that is obvious. Can you put 2 starts up for a QB that lead a team to a division title and almost won a playoff game on the plank for 2 bad games? You think simms sucks, fine by me, don't care. I think Grads is a backup at best. So met me half way, maybe we need to draft Quinn or Troy Smith. I dont know, but I do know this, Simms has way more talent and upside than Grads, he lead a team that was thought to go 6-10 to a division title last year and you want him gone because he had 2 miserable games, one against a great defense and another on the road, not me.

I appreciate what Simms did last year for the team. Having said that the reason I want him gone is because he was given the starting job and had the entire off-season and TC to elevate himself as a legitimate probowl QB and he fell on his face. I don't want a player to throw up on themself when given the opportunity, Simms did that and it wasn't the first time.

Simms doesn't have more upside that Grads..........GRADS IS A ROOKEI QB!!!!! Simms has been in this league for 4 years playing against NFL defenses and has had more than enough time to adjust. Grads was running the freak'n Toledo offense last year at this time. No, Simms doesn't have more upside than Grads because we've seen the best of Simms. He won't improve his play, it's been long enough. He's had his chance. Bu bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#61 : November 15, 2006, 01:20:24 PM

The line is worse now??? Mahan was a joke and the line now has Trueblood with 6 games under his belt and Joseph starting and gaining experience and buenning is playing again, no Mahan. Did you see the hightlight on the hits simms took?

Instead of arguning about how well the line is playing, go back and check the game grades from the start of the season.  I will give you a clue the grades for the O-line in the last 3 games have been.

D

F

F

;)

#62 : November 15, 2006, 01:20:46 PM

I love how people bashed Griese when he made mistakes, even though he did have success here. Now when we bash Simms' play, people start crying.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#63 : November 15, 2006, 01:20:56 PM

Go ahead and tell us this is what you know to be true because gruden had you over for dinner last night and how Bruce Allen has you on speed dial. STFU

I do not regularly have dinner with coach, and Bruce Allen certainly does not have my number on speed dial. But this post of yours did, indeed, display a very mature approach. That certainly bolsters your position on the topic at hand. I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt, but I may suggest developing a thicker skin if you don't care for others providing an informed opinion because it happens to be different than your own.
My feelings are not hurt. I just think you are one of the biggest frauds to ever come in to this message board. Every other post is some implication that you "know" something, or "know" someone. Because we all know NFL Insiders are always trolling message boards.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#64 : November 15, 2006, 01:21:32 PM

The line is worse now??? Mahan was a joke and the line now has Trueblood with 6 games under his belt and Joseph starting and gaining experience and buenning is playing again, no Mahan. Did you see the hightlight on the hits simms took?

Instead of arguning about how well the line is playing, go back and check the game grades from the start of the season.  I will give you a clue the grades for the O-line in the last 3 games have been.

D

F

F

;)

The line is pitiful, has been for years...

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#65 : November 15, 2006, 01:22:43 PM

I don't know, but the fact that they are talking to him now, this early in the season despite his situation speaks volumes to me about their desire to lock him up.

oh Rock Riley said it it must be true.....LMAO  ;D

Boid, Riley knows sh1t......the only thing said in Tampa recently was by JF on WDAE, and he said he thinks they will make Simms some sort of offer to comeback.  Rock and the other clueless local media jocks have took that a run with it.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#66 : November 15, 2006, 01:23:01 PM

I love how people bashed Griese when he made mistakes, even though he did have success here. Now when we bash Simms' play, people start crying.
Brad Regressed the longer he was under Jon and ultimately got benched. Griese regressed the following season . Simms supposedly regressed his next sseason. What's the constant here?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#67 : November 15, 2006, 01:24:22 PM

true but the grades from the beginning of the season are a lot better.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#68 : November 15, 2006, 01:25:54 PM

That's because blame was being laid at Simms feet. Now the powers that be see the light.

#69 : November 15, 2006, 01:26:06 PM

Brad Regressed the longer he was under Jon and ultimately got benched. Griese regressed the following season . Simms supposedly regressed his next sseason. What's the constant here?
At least we were competitive in 04 with Griese as starter. Hell we actually won. Then the next year were 5-1. We won in spite of Griese's mistakes. We didn't with Simms.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#70 : November 15, 2006, 01:26:54 PM

That's because blame was being laid at Simms feet. Now the powers that be see the light.

I am talking about the PR game grades.  you know, the ones INSIDERS SEE   ;)

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#71 : November 15, 2006, 01:27:10 PM

And yes MJS, the O-line was worse at that time.

I would rather have had Joseph as a rook start at guard, have a healthy Buenning at LG, and Trueblood is an upgrade over Kenyatta, IMO.  I have never been a fan of Kenyatta, and was glad to see him go...

That is my opinion, considering how many times the runs got blown up in the backfield, and how many times Simms had absolutely NO CHANCE of doing anything when guys were just blowing thorugh the O-line untouched.

AS of now, the pass pro has settled down a bit, although the run blocking looks shoddy at times.  Of course, Crackalack Williams might be the problem their too...

As for the picks, he had one returned versus the Ravens, but McCallister had to run a looong way to bring it back.  His first few games were abysmal, but his final game was decent.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#72 : November 15, 2006, 01:27:34 PM

My feelings are not hurt. I just think you are one of the biggest frauds to ever come in to this message board. Every other post is some implication that you "know" something, or "know" someone. Because we all know NFL Insiders are always trolling message boards.

Feelings not hurt? Ok, then. But I'm not going to apologize for the facts or for my information. Even though I'm no longer getting paid for football since I'm retired, I still have my contacts in this league and with this team. Like I said, I'll post it and you can do with it what you please. But just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm going to rudely come into this forum and tell you to "STFU" as you did to me.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#73 : November 15, 2006, 01:29:19 PM

Feelings not hurt? Ok, then. But I'm not going to apologize for the facts or for my information. Even though I'm no longer getting paid for football since I'm retired, I still have my contacts in this league and with this team. Like I said, I'll post it and you can do with it what you please. But just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I'm going to rudely come into this forum and tell you to "STFU" as you did to me.
STFU

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#74 : November 15, 2006, 01:30:23 PM

As for the picks, he had one returned versus the Ravens, but McCallister had to run a looong way to bring it back.  His first few games were abysmal, but his final game was decent.

Agreed........but there lies the problem with "Mr Two-Step Simms".  

He makes progress and regresses far too regularly, and it has been that way since early in his college career.  If he comes back and plays like a four year pro and makes real progress, then great give him the starters job, but alas that just isn't Chris's MO.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No more Simms: Do you want to be let down again? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools