Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Season expectations « previous next »
Page: 1

bucfn126

Second String
: November 15, 2006, 06:13:12 PM

I consider the people on this board to be "true" Bucs fans and I wonder how many of these so called "true" fans calling for Gruden and Allens head are really bandwagoners. That being said I was wondering what your expectations for the team were going into this season.

I honestly saw us going 8-8 and maybe 9-7 if we cought some breaks. I feel like we overachieved last year, we brought basically back the same players and we were given a wicked schedule. I really didn't have high hopes this year and really felt that 2007 was going to be a break out season. So many people are freaked out about this team. I'm not worried and I have all the confidense in the world that Gruden and Allen can turn this around.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 15, 2006, 06:16:05 PM

I consider the people on this board to be "true" Bucs fans and I wonder how many of these so called "true" fans calling for Gruden and Allens head are really bandwagoners. That being said I was wondering what your expectations for the team were going into this season.

I honestly saw us going 8-8 and maybe 9-7 if we cought some breaks. I feel like we overachieved last year, we brought basically back the same players and we were given a wicked schedule. I really didn't have high hopes this year and really felt that 2007 was going to be a break out season. So many people are freaked out about this team. I'm not worried and I have all the confidense in the world that Gruden and Allen can turn this around.

I think your honest assessment was pretty fair. As folks on the forum know, I predicted 8-8 for this season. My real assessment was that we would get 7 wins, but I really, really hate to predict a losing season for my beloved Bucs. So I posted an optimistic 8 win year. Sadly, we won't come anywhere near that, but I think playoff predictions for 2006 were not really realistic.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#2 : November 15, 2006, 06:18:54 PM

Im not calling for anyones head...Im a BUC fan, thereofre Im for who ever we have running the show and who he has playing what position......I do have reserved thoughts on decisions our current HC makes....but I do like his attitude...

that said....Im thinking with caddy being hurt last year a little, and comming in this year with a rookie line, next year has to be better, as long as we concentrate on defense picks to assist our current situation, and maybe a few wide outs to pick up the slack...

look around the league, there are alot of teams that are doing good this year, and look at thier previous years as they built up to who they currently are....it has to be the same for us.......maybe not this season, but next season!!!

I would like to see alot of the players from MNF return this weekend.....maybe not start, but at least return and keep switching them out (rooks with olders) so they can get both playing time, and some experiance, then we will enter next year not looking like an expansion team on its first year, but as an experianced team with rookies!!!

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 15, 2006, 06:22:08 PM

I probably have previous comments on here from before the season began. I didn't expect only two wins after Week 10 from this team, but I also didn't expect this team to play on the same level as some of the teams that have beaten us already either. Predictions and expectations are two different things. Predictions aren't as accurate as expectations. I expected more from this team this season, but I didn't really predict they were on that next level. It's a growing team.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools