Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Players Exceeding Expectations? « previous next »
Page: 1

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: November 18, 2006, 11:50:02 AM

So far I'd have to say Grads has played better than I expected.  He could be doing a lot worse than what he is for sure.

Trueblood has also impressed me considerring that he had to switch sides and has gone against some of the best DE's the NFL has to offer.  He has held his own and looks nothing like Kenyatta did as a rookie. 

Matt Bryant has exceeded what I thought he would do, even though I fully admit this is all based off of one kick.

Anthony Davis has played better than I expected as well.  While he's still not a top flight pass blocker, he's a lot better than he was last season. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 18, 2006, 12:01:23 PM

So far I'd have to say Grads has played better than I expected.  He could be doing a lot worse than what he is for sure.

Trueblood has also impressed me considerring that he had to switch sides and has gone against some of the best DE's the NFL has to offer.  He has held his own and looks nothing like Kenyatta did as a rookie. 

Matt Bryant has exceeded what I thought he would do, even though I fully admit this is all based off of one kick.

Anthony Davis has played better than I expected as well.  While he's still not a top flight pass blocker, he's a lot better than he was last season. 

I agree those players have exceeded expectations, but Davis has regressed the last two or three weeks.  If we ever want to have a decent offense the tackles need to protect without max-protect schema's and leaving TEs in pass protection all the time.  If the O-line did its job properly we could roll with Simms or Grads, and Caddy might actually be a factor.

T

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 18, 2006, 01:01:39 PM

No player on the Bucs roster has exceeded expectations.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 18, 2006, 01:45:20 PM

Agreed No one has exceeded expectations and many have played well below expectations

IanD15

Rookie

#4 : November 18, 2006, 05:34:17 PM

Everyone has been less productive then last year except Ronde and Wyms (since he didn't start last year)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 18, 2006, 06:14:54 PM

I think only Gradkowski has played ahead of expectations, and that's mostly in the area of limiting the interceptions, especially when you consider the fact that he had no significant preparation before being thrown onto the field.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 18, 2006, 08:00:22 PM

Grads has.  We got more for Booger than I expected, so he did too...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 18, 2006, 08:32:44 PM

I wouldn't say Grads has been great, but he's exceeded expectations of a 6th round pick.   Ruud has looked pretty good as well.    Trueblood has played better than I thought he would his first season.    Dewayne White has played a little better than I thought he could.    The other guys who are playing well are long time vets who we had high expectations from anyway.    Most are playing below expectations.   The guy who played the furthest below expecations this year was Simms at the start of the season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 18, 2006, 10:56:14 PM

Grads has outplayed whatever we thought an R6 rookie would do for and frankly outplayed what you expect an R1 rookie QB to do.

Credit Gruden and Hackett for that.   Grads wouldn't have had as much success on any other team in the NFL.

I've said this before, pick a team MVP right now and it is really hard to do because everyone seems to be performing below the level we've seen all of them play at at some point.

Team MVP is either Ronde or Galloway at this point.   

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 18, 2006, 10:57:34 PM

Why not Jermaine Phillips?

j/k

I think Barber has done a lot, But I dont think he is the MVP. Grads has been the Player exceeding expectations cause no one expects a 6th round rookie to play like he has.

#10 : November 19, 2006, 08:37:48 AM

Grads has outplayed whatever we thought an R6 rookie would do for and frankly outplayed what you expect an R1 rookie QB to do.

Credit Gruden and Hackett for that. Grads wouldn't have had as much success on any other team in the NFL.

I've said this before, pick a team MVP right now and it is really hard to do because everyone seems to be performing below the level we've seen all of them play at at some point.

Team MVP is either Ronde or Galloway at this point.
Galloway has been held without a catch at least twice this season.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Players Exceeding Expectations? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools