Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the Bucs an old team.... « previous next »
Page: 1

4bucs

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2006, 11:42:52 AM

well they have 38 under 30 so with a another draft and a really active FA we can be set to do big things for years with some good new players and transform into one of the youngest and talented in the league.

Its so bright around here I need sun glasses...now for a nice 7 game win streak to get us a headstart into next year ;)

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 19, 2006, 11:48:19 AM

lets not forget.. gruden got the RIGHT mix of players in oakland when he got cap room..

He will do the same here

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 19, 2006, 11:54:27 AM

I count up to 15 names that can/should be replaced. 7 to 10 draft picks plus 5/7 FA's and a better schedule, voila, a winning season.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 19, 2006, 11:56:11 AM

The Bucs will be a much younger team next year no doubt.

No more senior citizen discounts at MCDonalds for our team.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 19, 2006, 12:07:24 PM

The Bucs are already one of the youngest teams in the league.  With another draft, free agency and retirements they will be even younger.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 19, 2006, 12:15:23 PM

The average age of the Bucs roster is one of the lowest in the NFL, although they have a few key veterans starting.  We already have too many 1st and 2nd year players, so youth isn;t going to help this team next year.  The team is lacking players in their prime, which for athletes is 26-30.  If they are very active in FA the average age of the 2007 Bucs might be a little older than this year, especially when you factor in all those young players being a year older.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#6 : November 19, 2006, 12:21:48 PM

I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the Bucs, but to channel Dalbuc for a second; young isn't necessarily better than old when the talent doesn't reach it's potential.  With the track record so far, the case could be made that more youth on this team will just continue to take longer to grow, and that's not even asking whether some of these young players will continue to improve, or regress.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the future of this team, but there's definitely a level of rebuilding that will be going on, and that's going to include some hard decisions on some of the young guys on this team.  Both youth and elder players have that optimistic promise (young guys will get better with playing time and are given longer to try, older guys are remembered for being good past their prime and aren't seen as dropping off before it's too late) that makes it hard to get rid of either of them.

I like a lot of our young guys, but I'm not convinced they will grow into full fledged above average starters for years to come just yet.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 19, 2006, 12:22:38 PM

The average age of the Bucs roster is one of the lowest in the NFL, although they have a few key veterans starting.  We already have too many 1st and 2nd year players, so youth isn;t going to help this team next year.  The team is lacking players in their prime, which for athletes is 26-30.  If they are very active in FA the average age of the 2007 Bucs might be a little older than this year, especially when you factor in all those young players being a year older.
I should have said "at key positions", like you were suggesting I should.  Touche.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the Bucs an old team.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools