Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imagine Gruden having Campbell « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: November 19, 2006, 04:13:46 PM

That would be interesting. That guy looked tough as hell for missing Portis and Santana Moss, 2 pro bowl players. He came in and I almost forgot what a young talented QB looked like.

I look at it like this...Gruden is driving a pinto (Grads) and he cleans it up and makes it look respectable. Imagine if you game him a nicer looking car, with more options (Big arm, better vision,Mobile, good decision maker), imagine what Gruden could do with that car and how nice he could make it look.

Gruden has been working with scrap, Griese, Johnson, R. Johnson, Simms and made them look good. You give Gruden and investment with a upper teir QB in this draft or FA and he will make him good, you know it...

Baghead #2

#1 : November 19, 2006, 04:15:25 PM

Hopefully he can do that with Grads.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 19, 2006, 04:18:53 PM

That would be interesting. That guy looked tough as hell for missing Portis and Santana Moss, 2 pro bowl players. He came in and I almost forgot what a young talented QB looked like.

I look at it like this...Gruden is driving a pinto (Grads) and he cleans it up and makes it look respectable. Imagine if you game him a nicer looking car, with more options (Big arm, better vision,Mobile, good decision maker), imagine what Gruden could do with that car and how nice he could make it look.

Gruden has been working with scrap, Griese, Johnson, R. Johnson, Simms and made them look good. You give Gruden and investment with a upper teir QB in this draft or FA and he will make him good, you know it...

I liked Campbell a lot and think he will be a decent QB, but there was concerns about him out of college.  He was considered a slow learn by many and that might have caused problems with Gruden's playbook. 

Also, remember he has had two full camps and preseasons, plus 27 games holding a clipboard.  :)

Weaknesses:
Has been very inconsistent throughout his career...Holds onto the ball too long and doesn't have a great feel for the pass rush...Has to work on his technique and mechanics...Doesn't read defenses well...Makes poor decisions...Was aided by a tremendous running attack and great defense...Only did it for one season.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#3 : November 19, 2006, 04:21:08 PM

Also, Campbell had all fricking day to throw on both of their scoring drives and we were playing basically our 4th and 5th corners at then end. And remember how good grads looked his first game? I;m not ready to "Crown" Campbell just yet ;)

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 19, 2006, 04:22:34 PM

Imagine if pigs could fly.  The only way Campbell plays for Gruden is if Gruden replaces Gibbs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 19, 2006, 04:23:44 PM

Campbell sucks.

So does the Bucs D-line.(For now)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 19, 2006, 04:24:28 PM

He looked good today. Gruden IMHO is the best QB coach in the NFL, by far. He can really take an avg guy and make him good and that is what is hopefully going to transpire. We still have 6 more games left so stay tuned.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 19, 2006, 04:26:54 PM

Yeah Campbell will struggle no doubt, wait till next week, just like grads, defenses catch on.

You can see though Campbell can do somethings that not every QB can do, big arm and can move. I was pretty suprised. I heard Collinsworth on the Dan Patrick show this week saying that a guy on the skins said Campbell was miserable. He may have just had a great game who knows but I was pretty suprised by his ability.

Baghead #2

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : November 19, 2006, 04:52:21 PM

He looked good, but I thought Gradkowski, a rookie, looked just as good.

What is it with people bashing Gradkowski for everything? The guy has played great at times. At others he has been average, but we really haven't seen those rookie mistakes out of him that we all thought would happen for weeks. I just don't understand you people. Campbell didn't do anything today that Gradkowski didn't. Sure, he has a stronger arm but in terms of development I think we are farther ahead with our guy. He may never be a superstar but he is going to be solid down the stretch if he continues to play.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 19, 2006, 04:53:42 PM

Exactly cville. Grads looked like the answer to everything in the first saints game, then coaches get film on these rookie qbs and figure out ways to limit them. Campbell likely will face the same fate. Bet he starts facing some big blitzes from here on out.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 19, 2006, 04:55:14 PM

Still, I would call an interception on the 5-yard line a huge rookie mistake. Got to cash in on those opportunities. That was a killer.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 19, 2006, 04:56:58 PM

Still, I would call an interception on the 5-yard line a huge rookie mistake. Got to cash in on those opportunities. That was a killer.

I agree.  Gotta get the three.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#12 : November 19, 2006, 04:58:44 PM

It was a rookie mistake but he hasn't really made that many of those.

He has made FAR less than I would have expected him to make. He has made far less than a lot of his competition.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 19, 2006, 04:59:12 PM

Anybody see the new SlimJim commercial?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 19, 2006, 05:13:02 PM

Gradkowski had a handfull of passes that could have been intercepted today and throughout the year, one of which was caught today by becht. He fumbles pretty often. I don't have any stats but it seems every single game he fumbles at least once but I think this is somehting you can fix. Campbell will def get some different looks and yes when we brought pressure he struggled. Campbell does have a nice arm and it helps stretch the field not just deep but on 15 yard comebacks/ outs/ digs, its easy for him to make those throws. Grads will have to continue to just grind out games, like he has in the past and today and hang in there.

Gruden doesn't get enough credit for what he does with QB's like Grads. People bash the playcalling, whatever, they give zero love to what he has done with a 6' tall QB from Toledo that was drafted in the 6th round.

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imagine Gruden having Campbell « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools