Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Game to Get Right « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 20, 2006, 11:19:16 PM

It looks like Zemaitis may have his shot but I would have prefered he was on the field earlier in the year.

you think? or do they put Buchanon in since he's already active as a PR?  Zem might be active this week, but I'm not really sure how much we'll see of him.  Hope we do, but I'll believe it when I see it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 20, 2006, 11:49:33 PM

If they think Hilliard can handle PR 'sthen Buchanon most likely plays against the Cowboys.  Unfortunately earlier in the year Buchanon did not look so good against the Cowboys.  I would really, really prefer to see Zemaitis on the field and if he makes mistakes or is toasted I will take the good in with the bad.  It is not like the Bucs are in playoff hunt (suprisingly since the NFC is weak the Bucs are still in it) right now.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 20, 2006, 11:53:19 PM

I agree ... I'd rather see Zem. 

On a side note, why is ok for people to think its ok for Zemaitis to get burned, cause he's learning, but it's not ok for Grads to have bad games while learning?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 20, 2006, 11:56:02 PM

I agree ... I'd rather see Zem. 

On a side note, why is ok for people to think its ok for Zemaitis to get burned, cause he's learning, but it's not ok for Grads to have bad games while learning?

Level of responsibility sums it up (and some people feel Grads does not have the ability to lead this offense down the road).  Not to mention playing QB requires leadership and full understanding of the offense to command it.  Not to minimize the difficulty of playing cornerback as the learning curve for playing CB in this league is a close second to playing QB in this league.  Rookies QB's and CB's have a hard time in this league but eventually things start to slow down for them.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 21, 2006, 10:22:04 AM

Given our history with CB's I'm not sure why anyone wants to see Zematis. Our CB's just don't play in year 1. Not seeing Zematis really doesn't even register as a concern with me.

Agreed, and he was toast in the preseason.  But all of our corners have had initial problems fitting in and learning the assignments in this defense.  For as much as people criticize Bolden, he's been one of, if not the best FA to come in at the corner position and pick it up.  I think he was just about ready to take hold, before the bruised fibula issue...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Orangegone1

Starter

#20 : November 21, 2006, 11:17:05 AM

Newsflash: The 2006 Bucs suck.  We just got done beating another sucky team on our home turf.  The Bucs aren't going to "get right" this year.  Now you are going to come on after we get blown out and say "See we had a chance to 'get right' but we didn't do it blah blah Gruden blah"

Why hold your breath for a team that is already out of it?  Only one reason:  Dalbuc is setting up the bowling pins so he can knock them down after the game.  Knock them down, Dalbuc, if it makes you feel better.

Didn't that sucky team beat Dallas a few games ago?

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 21, 2006, 12:28:53 PM

Does Dallas field the team that lost to Wash?  Or the team that beat Indy?
I'm actually only concerned that we see some momentum on Offense.  This is the group that we are going forward with.  What we have on D right now is not likely to be the mainstay of our future.  The O is almost done being rebuilt, so what we see this year carries over to next.  The D is only starting to rebuild, so any good performances really can't be expected to carry over. 
I didn't phrase that well, but hey...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good Game to Get Right « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools