Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Word of advice.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2007, 11:22:46 PM

Dont donate your sperm to lesbians....

---------------------------------------------------------------
A British firefighter who donated his sperm so a lesbian couple could have two babies is being forced to pay thousands of pounds in child support.

Andy Bathie, 37, initially agreed to help Sharon and Terri Arnold after being assured he would not have to be involved in the upbringing of their young boy and girl or have any financial responsibility towards them.

But the British government's Child Support Agency has begun docking his pay to force him to contribute to the children's upbringing because the lesbian couple have split up.

Mr Bathie has launched unprecedented court action in an attempt to ensure he cannot be recognised as a legal parent to the children.

"These women wanted to be parents and take on all the responsibilities that brings," he told the Evening Standard newspaper.

"I would never have agreed to this unless they had been living as a committed family.

"And now I can't afford to have children with my own wife - it's crippling me financially."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/sperm-donor-ordered-to-pay-lesbians/2007/12/05/1196530715490.html

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 06, 2007, 11:41:33 PM

That's what happens when you support an unholy union such as this.  I know this sounds harsh, but there are consequences for such foolish decisions that are outside the will of God.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 07, 2007, 12:01:10 AM

Jeeeeeze. Outside the will of God?

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
#3 : December 07, 2007, 12:41:28 AM

Gee, I thought every thing that occurs was God's will. Perhaps it was His will that these ladies have their babies and perhaps it is His will that ol' Andy help support them.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

#4 : December 07, 2007, 01:06:06 AM

People who have no idea what God's will is might want to study the Bible and come to an accurate knowledge before commenting on it.  :)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 07, 2007, 10:41:30 AM

The Child Support Agency (CSA) in the UK was primarily set up to reduce the number of women/children reliant on social security because of absent fathers.  Obviously this case is a little different than the usual situation but the mother of the baby must have named the guy as the father, and the CSA will pursue him until the child reaches eighteen. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : December 07, 2007, 03:41:38 PM

If he wanted to donate his sperm he should have done so anonymously. This is what he gets for doing a favor.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 07, 2007, 03:50:39 PM

DADDY!

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
#8 : December 07, 2007, 04:43:11 PM

People who have no idea what God's will is might want to study the Bible and come to an accurate knowledge before commenting on it.  :)

Hi, mtn, it's good to see you again.

Although the errancy of the bible would be better addressed in a different thread, I should say beforehand that, believe it or not, I have browsed the bible a time or two, although I surely have not perused it as deeply as you looking for hidden meaning amongst its forest of contradictions.

Unfortunately, when all is said and done, the bible is merely a book of allegorical tales of myth and superstition, and, thus, highly unreliable as a source of so-called “accurate knowledge.”  8)

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 07, 2007, 06:33:56 PM

People who have no idea what God's will is might want to study the Bible and come to an accurate knowledge before commenting on it. :)

Prove it.

Hi, mtn, it's good to see you again.

Although the errancy of the bible would be better addressed in a different thread, I should say beforehand that, believe it or not, I have browsed the bible a time or two, although I surely have not perused it as deeply as you looking for hidden meaning amongst its forest of contradictions.

Unfortunately, when all is said and done, the bible is merely a book of allegorical tales of myth and superstition, and, thus, highly unreliable as a source of so-called “accurate knowledge.” 8)

#10 : December 07, 2007, 07:17:03 PM

People who have no idea what God's will is might want to study the Bible and come to an accurate knowledge before commenting on it. :)

I have a feeling that if we want to know God's will, all we have to do is ask you and you'll be able to tell us. I also have a feeling that "God's will" will bear a striking similarity to your own wishes.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 07, 2007, 07:44:43 PM

Which bible? Old Testament, New Testament, King James...

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#12 : December 07, 2007, 07:47:49 PM

Â         Of course the Jesus freaks ruin the thread with their holier than thou bullcrap.

Â         I feel bad for this guy, he is getting screwed for trying to help a family.  His wife is probobly ready to kill him.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 07, 2007, 07:53:26 PM

how will a Book full of metaphors and subject to interpretation give you "accurate knowledge''?

Calipers are accurate, digital thermometers are accurate, understanding the bible is subjective.  The antithesis of accurate.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 07, 2007, 08:00:12 PM

YEAAAHHHHHHH. God is trying to hurt these women and this man for helping them? If you think that, then God help you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Word of advice.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools