Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Word of advice.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 07, 2007, 08:29:06 PM

People who have no idea what God's will is might want to study the Bible and come to an accurate knowledge before commenting on it. :)

I have a feeling that if we want to know God's will, all we have to do is ask you and you'll be able to tell us.

All I'm able to do is point out what God's will is........ from His word.

I also have a feeling that "God's will" will bear a striking similarity to your own wishes.

LOL........ not quite and He certainly doesn't need any input from me.

I do my best to determine what His will is so that I can adhere to it as best as I possibly can. He knows what is best for all of us.

#16 : December 07, 2007, 08:34:11 PM

Of course the Jesus freaks ruin the thread with their holier than thou bullcrap.

I feel bad for this guy, he is getting screwed for trying to help a family.  His wife is probobly ready to kill him.

When I hear/ read ignorant statements, I feel compelled to defend Him.

I don't mean ignorant in a negative way, but sadly, there are too many folks who have been misinformed.

#17 : December 07, 2007, 08:47:54 PM

People who have no idea what God's will is might want to study the Bible and come to an accurate knowledge before commenting on it. :)

I have a feeling that if we want to know God's will, all we have to do is ask you and you'll be able to tell us.

I also have a feeling that "God's will" will bear a striking similarity to your own wishes.

I do my best to determine what His will is so that I can adhere to it as best as I possibly can. He knows what is best for all of us.

And you entirely miss the point. You don't know what God's will is, but you're more than happy to give us your opinion and pretend that it has the moral authority of God's will behind it. Or as, ny put it "holier than thou bullcrap." I might add the phrases arrogant, egotistical and concieted to that. I'm sure you'd like to convince us that those whose lifestyle you don't agree with were made by your God for the express purpose of suffering for being what he himself made them, but a rational person would find it hard to believe that any supreme deity could be that frikken shallow.

#18 : December 07, 2007, 08:57:28 PM

Which bible? Old Testament, New Testament, King James...

You can find the truth in most any version or translation of the Bible as they all, for the most part, say the same thing.

The Bible is comprised of 66 books - the first 39 were written mostly in Hebrew and are know as the 'Old Testament'. The 'New Testament' was written mostly in Greek and has 27 books.

The books all harmonize and I have found no contradictions. Some claim that there are contradictions, but these are usually the result of taking the passages out of context or because word usage and meanings have changed over the centuries. It is advantageous to reference the oldest original available texts to give you a good working knowledge of the ancient
languages but normally this is only necessary in a few instances.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 07, 2007, 09:02:31 PM

DO you believe that DInosaurs lived 64 million years ago?

#20 : December 07, 2007, 09:26:08 PM

He believes that you should stone people to death for working on Sunday, and that God created lesbians because he didn't want them to be lesbians.

#21 : December 07, 2007, 09:27:31 PM

And you entirely miss the point. You don't know what God's will is, but you're more than happy to give us your opinion and pretend that it has the moral authority of God's will behind it. Or as, ny put it "holier than thou bullcrap." I might add the phrases arrogant, egotistical and concieted to that. I'm sure you'd like to convince us that those whose lifestyle you don't agree with were made by your God for the express purpose of suffering for being what he himself made them, but a rational person would find it hard to believe that any supreme deity could be that frikken shallow.

First of all, I'm saddened by your mistaken view that God causes suffering and made man in an imperfect state. Man has done this to himself, apart from God.

It has nothing to do with my opinion. If it were my opinion, it might be different. If defending our Creator makes you think I am arrogant, you miss my purpose. Of course, I would never chastise you for your opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Mine just happens to be based on the Bible instead of man's thoughts.

See, that's the thing about our Creator, He created us with free will. You don't have to believe in Him or even do His will if you don't want to. His Word teaches us how to have happy and productive lives now and in the future. He lovingly gave us His Word the Bible as an instruction manual for life. As Creator, He and He alone knows what's best for us. We can listen and benefit or we can do our own thing and reap the consequences. This has been proven time and again throughout man's history.

Illuminator, I would never judge you or anyone else - it's not my place. Jesus has been appointed to do that.

If by defending truth you feel that I am attacking your lifestyle, you are sadly mistaken. You're God given right to live your life as you see fit is something you're entitled to, it's your choice. The conscience is a powerful force though isn't it ?

Knowing God's will and how to live a moral lifestyle is very clearly spelled out in the scriptures in black and white - not at all open to ANY misinterpretation. Please.

#22 : December 07, 2007, 09:31:40 PM

He believes that you should stone people to death for working on Sunday, and that God created lesbians because he didn't want them to be lesbians.

IF you knew what I believed, you wouldn't make such an ignorant and asinine statement.

Apparently you know just enough about the Bible to mislead and be mislead.

Feel free to e-mail me if you would like some help.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 07, 2007, 09:37:08 PM

Am i going to Hell if i believe in evolution and Dinos living 65 million years ago?

#24 : December 07, 2007, 09:37:22 PM

DO you believe that DInosaurs lived 64 million years ago?

Yes that sounds about right but to be honest, I don't remember the numbers. According to the best science, the universe is billions of years old. If your asking about the creation of earth, it could not have been created in six literal days. Each day had to be an unspecified amount of time.

#25 : December 07, 2007, 09:42:49 PM

Am i going to Hell if i believe in evolution and Dinos living 65 million years ago?

LOL.......it doesn't matter what you believe. When we die, we all go to 'hell'. In the Bible, hell means gravedom.

grave 1  (grv)
n.
a. An excavation for the interment of a corpse.
b. A place of burial.

#26 : December 07, 2007, 09:44:46 PM

People who have no idea what God's will is might want to study the Bible and come to an accurate knowledge before commenting on it.  :)

Hi, mtn, it's good to see you again.

Although the errancy of the bible would be better addressed in a different thread, I should say beforehand that, believe it or not, I have browsed the bible a time or two, although I surely have not perused it as deeply as you looking for hidden meaning amongst its forest of contradictions.

Unfortunately, when all is said and done, the bible is merely a book of allegorical tales of myth and superstition, and, thus, highly unreliable as a source of so-called “accurate knowledge.”  8)

Hey Big MAC, how are you my friend ?

#27 : December 07, 2007, 09:46:31 PM

how will a Book full of metaphors and subject to interpretation give you "accurate knowledge''?

Calipers are accurate, digital thermometers are accurate, understanding the bible is subjective.  The antithesis of accurate.

ac·cu·rate  (kyr-t)
adj.
1. Conforming exactly to fact; errorless.
2. Deviating only slightly or within acceptable limits from a standard.
3. Capable of providing a correct reading or measurement: an accurate scale.
4. Acting or performing with care and precision; meticulous: an accurate proofreader.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 07, 2007, 09:58:44 PM

First of all, I'm saddened by your mistaken view that God causes suffering and made man in an imperfect state. Man has done this to himself, apart from God.

It has nothing to do with my opinion. If it were my opinion, it might be different. If defending our Creator makes you think I am arrogant, you miss my purpose. Of course, I would never chastise you for your opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Mine just happens to be based on the Bible instead of man's thoughts.

See, that's the thing about our Creator, He created us with free will. You don't have to believe in Him or even do His will if you don't want to. His Word teaches us how to have happy and productive lives now and in the future. He lovingly gave us His Word the Bible as an instruction manual for life. As Creator, He and He alone knows what's best for us. We can listen and benefit or we can do our own thing and reap the consequences. This has been proven time and again throughout man's history.

Illuminator, I would never judge you or anyone else - it's not my place. Jesus has been appointed to do that.

If by defending truth you feel that I am attacking your lifestyle, you are sadly mistaken. You're God given right to live your life as you see fit is something you're entitled to, it's your choice. The conscience is a powerful force though isn't it ?

Knowing God's will and how to live a moral lifestyle is very clearly spelled out in the scriptures in black and white - not at all open to ANY misinterpretation. Please.

Â    So you arent the bigot who feels it is justifiable to condemn homosexuals to eternal damnation, jesus is?

Â    If you are interpreting that the world was not created in 6 days, how are you not using your opinion?

Â    If the world wasnt literally created in 6 days, why would we believe that mary was really a virgin? or that every animal on earth is a product of incest from the animals on noahs ark?

Â     The bible is full of inacuracys and flaws, and could in no way be made by a perfect being.

Â     If god is a perfect being, why does he need us to worship him? wouldnt that make him vain, and hence imperfect?

Â     Peoples obsession with religion stems from a fear of death and a need to feel morally superior to others. Organized religion is a cancer to society as its flawed morallity justifys laws and social policys that are based on hate(no gay marriage) and backwards thinking (anti drug laws.)  

Â    More people have died in the name of the lord than for any other reason, and if humans dont start using common sense instead of insane dogma, we will all perish in some sick twisted version of a modern crusade.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 07, 2007, 11:02:15 PM

NEVER has anyone ever entered into a same sex relationship without feeling guilty; I'm sorry, Convicted.  The conviction doesn't come from man, it comes from the Holy Spirit that speaks to who we are.
Sorry, but same sex relationships are immoral and outside the Sovereign Will of God.  But, man has been given free will to choose to be a part, or apart from God.  I'll step out of the boat and be bold to say with authority that God will never accept same sex relationships, end of story.  That doesn't mean that I hate homosexuals or lesbians; I just don't accept their lifestyle.  This is no different that me not accepting a drug addict or alcoholic. 
And I don't care how much the world accepts immoral activity, I simply will continue to live my life attempting in pursuit of the example Christ set before each of us.  The most difficult thing for man to do is to Love one another.  I love all people, But I refuse to accept theirs and my own sin.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Word of advice.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools