Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 21, 2006, 12:19:18 AM

Gaines Adams.  :P

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 21, 2006, 12:47:36 AM

If no top 7 pick, then no Adams, Thomas or Johnson. I say JaMarcus Russell

We could get him in the 2nd round IMO. he is the tenth ranked QB on many boards, so he could fall into the second day.

10th? LOL. Russell is going to be the 2nd QB off the boards. He hasnt been talked about because just recently he decided to declare. He will go before Troy Smith and Stanton. Top 20 pick.

10th QB is where he is averaging amongst all mocks thus far.  It is early days but I doubt he will leap frog Quinn, Stanton, Brohm and Smith.   If he is the 5th QB off the board he could still be there into the 3rd round.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 21, 2006, 01:19:07 AM

Right now, the Bucs would have the #7 pick in the draft. It goes by record and then by opponents win % and that's it. If that is tied...then it's a coin toss.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#18 : November 21, 2006, 01:45:30 AM

I think Sidney Rice isnt going into the draft, but it could be a smokescreen

the only WR we should get at the start of the draft is CJ, Jarrett also looks good but i would want CJ more, if not CJ or Thomas at OT, then go pure defense, even if we trade back a little for other teams wanting to move up and stack up some good solid players for defense

#19 : November 21, 2006, 02:03:35 AM

Brohm isnt entering the draft. Russell just recently hinted that he is entering the draft, so I dont know what mocks wouldve even had him included. Trust me Russell will be a 1st round pick

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#20 : November 21, 2006, 04:12:49 AM

We need promising defensive players. A disruptive Force that can create Havoc, a Beast. Any promising players that fit that description that can go in the first round?

creekchub00

Starter

#21 : November 21, 2006, 04:48:28 AM

We just opened our draft section with this very topic.
http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?page=44

A pressing need that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have to address in the upcoming off-season is wide receiver. Joey Galloway is still explosive as ever but isn’t getting any younger and Michael Clayton who had a fantastic rookie year in 2004 is starting to play like a first round bust. After Galloway retires? Who’s gonna make the big splash plays at the receiving end? Michael Clayton won’t be able to fulfill that role because, he is dropping passes and unable to separate from the defensive back. Is there a free agent this year we can sign to fill our need at receiver and solve our long-term need at this position?
Tampa bay meet Calvin Johnson...

#22 : November 21, 2006, 08:06:58 AM

We just opened our draft section with this very topic.
http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?page=44

A pressing need that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will have to address in the upcoming off-season is wide receiver. Joey Galloway is still explosive as ever but isn’t getting any younger and Michael Clayton who had a fantastic rookie year in 2004 is starting to play like a first round bust. After Galloway retires? Who’s gonna make the big splash plays at the receiving end? Michael Clayton won’t be able to fulfill that role because, he is dropping passes and unable to separate from the defensive back. Is there a free agent this year we can sign to fill our need at receiver and solve our long-term need at this position?
Tampa bay meet Calvin Johnson...

Have we ever had a premier WR?  Ummm...Carrier?  Harper???   ::)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 21, 2006, 08:29:45 AM

Just for the record, it is known that Calvin Johnson runs in the low 4.4's, just the word on the street. We'll see come April but he could test out of this world, run a 4.4 and do all the measurable stuff and he could be taken extremely high. The good thing that we have going for us regarding Clavin Johnson is that the teams in front of us have STUD WR's. Teams like the Lions, Cardinals, Raiders if Moss stays, Redskins (doesn't fit there small type). So we are looking good for those desiring to take Calvin Johnson in the first as long as we don't catch fire and win some games which I think, realistically would be pretty damn hard to do considering our schedule.

Baghead #2

#24 : November 21, 2006, 08:47:23 AM

Just for the record, it is known that Calvin Johnson runs in the low 4.4's, just the word on the street. We'll see come April but he could test out of this world, run a 4.4 and do all the measurable stuff and he could be taken extremely high. The good thing that we have going for us regarding Clavin Johnson is that the teams in front of us have STUD WR's. Teams like the Lions, Cardinals, Raiders if Moss stays, Redskins (doesn't fit there small type). So we are looking good for those desiring to take Calvin Johnson in the first as long as we don't catch fire and win some games which I think, realistically would be pretty damn hard to do considering our schedule.

I've seen his time listed from 4.3 - 4.55.  That swing could effect where he's taken, but I love this guy.

watson

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 21, 2006, 08:48:34 AM

As much as he gets on my nerves, Joe Theisman said something last night that was interesting.  He said he thinks you need one smaller receiver because they are harder for the DBs to get their hands on...ala Steve Smith.....and they give you that break away you don't usually get with the bigger WRs.  And when you think about the Lions with Rogers, Williams and Williams or Jax with their big WRs, neither teams WRs are/were outstanding and all were high first round draft choices.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 21, 2006, 08:51:19 AM

Um no.

The Raiders will be looking at WR.  Moss does not look like wants to stay in Oakland and the same can be said of Porter.  Their only promising young WR (Gabriel) was traded to the Patriots.

The Lions need WR help badly.  Roy Williams is the only true threat for that team but he can not stay healthy for long periods of time.  They cut Charles Rogers and they will most likely cut Mike Williams next year.  Martz is squeezing out the best he can with what ever is left at WR on the Lions roster.

The Redskins will be looking at WR as well.  Lloyd is not a bad player but he is a #3 WR at best.  Antwan Randle El is a role player which the Redskins overpaid for.  Calvin Johnson would be intriguing to team up with Campbell.  Gibbs prefers smaller WR's but his chances of being there next year as the head coach is looking slim.

The Vikings need help badly as well at WR.  Williamson looks like a decoy more than a legit threat.  The Vikings on offense need a consistent playmaker which they have not had this year.  Calvin Johnson would be intriguing to them as well.

The Cardinals are the only team that will most likely not look at CJ.   :o :o :o

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 21, 2006, 09:07:28 AM

Top 4 players seem to be: Quinn, Thomas, Adams and Calvin.

I think Quinn will struggle in the NFL for three or four years....ND's schedule is a freaking joke.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 21, 2006, 09:10:46 AM

Knowing Marinelli he would easily take Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas with a first round pick.  But if they have the #1 overall pick do they go with Quinn?  Martz is known for developing QB's that are drafted lower. Martz would prefer to have a potential franchise left tackle than a potential franchise QB and it seems Marinelli feels the same thing.    Sure you can say they may not go WR or QB in round 1 but if both trench players are off the board by the time they pick I would not be suprised if Marinelli and Martz took a hard look at Calvin Johnson or Quinn regardless of past history. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 21, 2006, 09:20:43 AM

We need promising defensive players. A disruptive Force that can create Havoc, a Beast. Any promising players that fit that description that can go in the first round?

Alan Branch, Michigan, if he declares.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs draft question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools