Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GET THE TRAIN ROLLING AGAIN!!! « previous next »
Page: 1

mvpcaddy24

Rookie

: November 20, 2006, 10:37:08 PM

:'( OK,  now let me be quick, we all know this is one of alstott;s last seasons, soo why is gruden not punishing the d with him more, we should give credit when credit is do. did u seee him run over the skins d a couple of times there, i would love to see that more often, you don't see much of those in the nfl ne more, and i for one miss them. soo y don't we start including alstott into our offensive design and stop using him for 3 plays a game, i know i know, we have to give him a break caz of all his surgeries, but i for one miss the guy......so plz give him a good final season
go Bucs!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 20, 2006, 10:41:13 PM

sigh.....

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2006, 10:41:46 PM

did u seee him run over the skins d a couple of times there, i would love to see that more often,

Maybe we sucker punched them because Mike hasn't been getting carries much.  When he lines up in the backfield he rarely gets the ball and they game planned accordingly.  He had three more carries after the big gains, and lost yards on all three because they adjusted. IMO

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 20, 2006, 11:39:20 PM

suprised we went back to him after that very bad dropped pass, but it was nice to see him get some good production.  If thats what it takes to get this offense fired up for the rest of the year, then so be it ... better get it all out of your system now Mike, cause the only time anyone will see you on ESPN next year will be on some hunting/fishing show at 6am on a saturday.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : November 21, 2006, 12:57:23 AM

I enjoyed watching Alstott have his 3 big runs as much as anyone on Sunday, but seriously, what is the deal with the frickin' crotch-nozzling love fest with the guy??? I've liked Alstott over the years, but I don't hold him to this super human status that many do.... I mean people cheered for the guy like he just single handedly won the Super Bowl when he was simply adjusted his socks at TC. It's absurd......

Caddy had a HUGE day. He ran with power and finesse, made nice catches, made guys miss and dragged DBs around the field; Ever since last year, Pittman has done a great job everytime he touches the ball. He averaged 6 ypc in '05, he's been making plays in the passing game ever since he's been in Tampa, he's great at blitz pick-up, does a solid job returning kicks and he even busted out a big run Sunday ....yet all we hear about is Alstott. How great his 3 runs were. How he should get the ball more. Pittman has been just as, if not more, successfull with his chances, why no calls for him to get more carries???

Lets' face reality here: We played a HORRIBLE defense. Our Oline was able to dominate for the first time all season and open up some holes. As a result all our backs had success. That's it. No reason to get carried away. Alstott is not the savior of the franchise. Giving him 20 carries a game would not have won us more games this year and will not win us more games the rest of the season. Just sit back , relax, look for improvement by our young team and see if our young men on the Oline can repeat their success against better defenses.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 21, 2006, 01:01:39 AM

I enjoyed watching Alstott have his 3 big runs as much as anyone on Sunday, but seriously, what is the deal with the frickin' crotch-nozzling love fest with the guy??? I've liked Alstott over the years, but I don't hold him to this super human status that many do.... I mean people cheered for the guy like he just single handedly won the Super Bowl when he was simply adjusted his socks at TC. It's absurd......

Caddy had a HUGE day. He ran with power and finesse, made nice catches, made guys miss and dragged DBs around the field; Ever since last year, Pittman has done a great job everytime he touches the ball. He averaged 6 ypc in '05, he's been making plays in the passing game ever since he's been in Tampa, he's great at blitz pick-up, does a solid job returning kicks and he even busted out a big run Sunday ....yet all we hear about is Alstott. How great his 3 runs were. How he should get the ball more. Pittman has been just as, if not more, successfull with his chances, why no calls for him to get more carries???

Lets' face reality here: We played a HORRIBLE defense. Our Oline was able to dominate for the first time all season and open up some holes. As a result all our backs had success. That's it. No reason to get carried away. Alstott is not the savior of the franchise. Giving him 20 carries a game would not have won us more games this year and will not win us more games the rest of the season. Just sit back , relax, look for improvement by our young team and see if our young men on the Oline can repeat their success against better defenses.

Uh...yeah.  But that run when he stepped on Springs was FREAKIN' AWESOME man!  Talk about getting the teammates juiced up!  It was worth it right there.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#6 : November 21, 2006, 01:18:40 AM

Uh...yeah.  But that run when he stepped on Springs was FREAKIN' AWESOME man!  Talk about getting the teammates juiced up!  It was worth it right there.

I'm not debating the fact that it was awesome. I loved it. The only thing that would have possibly made it better, would be if it was Sean Taylor instead of Springs.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 21, 2006, 08:37:13 AM

Alstott should get 10 touches a game, minimum.  Caddy should get 20 touches a game, minimum.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 21, 2006, 08:55:47 AM

Zen, very good post.  Alstott does a great job with limited touches, however, he has not shown to be the dominate short yardage back this year.  You can blame that on the oline or lack of touches but the fact is that Alstott is a FB in the west coast offense.  You do not take carries away from your number one back to give the ball to Alstott more. 

During most games there is only one FB active, therefore, if Alstott was to get hurt there would be nobody to block for Caddy.  This man crush that people have for the old Alstott is blinding them to the fact that he is up there in age and taken a lot of abuse throughout the years.

MVP, Alstott gets hiz caryz and touches when he iz open what he doez wit dem is up to him.  With a young QB, you have to make da first one count cuz he may not fell comfortable cuming back to ya.  Sure, the other players fed off Alstott's power running but that happens when nebody makes a play like dat.  The crowd starts going nut for nebody but even more so for Alstott cuz of what he USED to do and what he HAS ment to da franchise.  His runz did little more then a big run from nebody else.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 21, 2006, 11:54:57 AM

Nearly choked on my beer after that hurt'n he put on Springs

Alstott has always been the Juggernaut in my books

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 21, 2006, 11:57:50 AM

alstott had 3 to 5 touches a game last year, and was on the field lead blocking on most running plays....he's being used in a pretty similar way this year, the difference is he hasn't punched in as many of the short yardage TDs and conversions....he had to tries in a row to get the TD on sunday, and lost a yard....there's a reason gruden's gone crazy with his 3rd and short playcalling - neither RB has been able to convert behind this line

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 21, 2006, 12:02:51 PM

I think the main thing that happened when Alstott ran those three times was that it got the crowd into the game.  I was watching here in VA and the difference was huge.  I think it might be worth running him at home a few times just to get the crowd pumped.  No huge alteration of the game plan, just do what they did Sunday.  Two carries here, two carries there... just don't get carried away with it because we're going to be wondering what would have happened if the defense blows an assignment while we had Alstott in there and not Caddy.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 21, 2006, 12:09:29 PM

Maybe we sucker punched them because Mike hasn't been getting carries much.  When he lines up in the backfield he rarely gets the ball and they game planned accordingly.  He had three more carries after the big gains, and lost yards on all three because they adjusted. IMO

Great point. Although keep in mind that two of those carries came on the 1 yard line, and so it was obvious what we would try to do with Alstott back there in that situation. Also, the Redskins have only given up 3 rushing TD's in the redzone all year.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 21, 2006, 12:13:35 PM

I think the main thing that happened when Alstott ran those three times was that it got the crowd into the game.  I was watching here in VA and the difference was huge.  I think it might be worth running him at home a few times just to get the crowd pumped.  No huge alteration of the game plan, just do what they did Sunday.  Two carries here, two carries there... just don't get carried away with it because we're going to be wondering what would have happened if the defense blows an assignment while we had Alstott in there and not Caddy.

Leeroy, i agree that alstott should be given a few more touches at home because the emotional impact on the fans and subsequently the team  can spark the team when it's flagging a bit...as silly as i think it is, a tough 3 yard run by alstott with even half a broken tackle gets the fans as energized as a 25-yard pass play or a 10-yard run by caddy or pitt. it's a great way to get the crowd into the game.....if he gets the yards.

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 21, 2006, 08:53:45 PM

they should hit Alstott with swing passes as hes going up the field along the sidelines...worked time and again for Wilder.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GET THE TRAIN ROLLING AGAIN!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools