Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guys on ESPN « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BP1

Pro Bowler

: November 21, 2006, 12:10:15 AM

They pick their top five teams every week and it reminds me of the waves on a beach. They seem to get on a team's bandwagon for a few weeks, then when this team starts to lose they never say they blew it. They just remove them from the top five and add another team. A few weeks ago I think 2 of them had the Falcons on the top 5 and then the Saints. Now they are off all the top 5s. Now Michael Irvin has the Cowboys on his top 5. Can the Bucs pleeese beat them on Thursday just to shut this jerk up!!!! [banghead]

#1 : November 21, 2006, 12:11:11 AM

Yea its sickening. Salisbury is the worst. Guy blows in teh wind and IS NEVER WRONG

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 21, 2006, 12:11:21 AM

I actually heard Thieswoman say Romo is now the best QB in the NFC!  These guys are on crack.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : November 21, 2006, 12:35:20 AM

Salsbury is on the Panties payroll. :P

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#4 : November 21, 2006, 10:45:47 AM

everybody has been bobbing on the cowboys **CENSORED** all year, ESPN, Peter King...its sick, they are all the biggest bandwagon jumpers ever, im getting tired of people saying Romo is like the 2nd coming of Jesus to the cowboys fans or something, if somebody like Gradkowski had TO, Glenn, Crayton, Witten...they would do really well also, i mean he has talented WR and TE, if he DIDNT do good he would look way stupid, ROMO is not the best QB in the NFC by a long shot, he has only played what like 4 games?

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 21, 2006, 10:48:34 AM

It was funny because Kornheiser reminded Theisman that he was critical of Parcells benching Bledsoe a month ago.  Theisman started spinning like mad.

I hate the MNF crew but the one good thing is Kornheiser constantly points out how poor an analyst Theisman is.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 21, 2006, 10:53:29 AM

you guys are hating on Romo.  Other than Bulger, whos playing better than Romo right now in the NFC? No one.  That kid is something special, I wish we had him.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 21, 2006, 10:55:16 AM

We're not hating on Romo but to say he is the best in the NFC after 4 games is way premature. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 21, 2006, 10:55:26 AM

Look fellas, the Cowboys are hot right now. Romo has been playing lights out and there isn't any reason to think they aren't one of the top teams. They went into Carolina and laid the smackdown and now they beat the Colts. I think the Cowboys are one of the top 5 teams in the NFL at this point and Romo has been stellar so far.

It's not that easy to say Grads would be good to with TO, Glenn, etc. Have you seen Romo play? He's got a great mix of mobility, arm strenght, and accuracy.

Look at it objectively here, the Cowboys are a VERY good team right now.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 21, 2006, 04:35:29 PM

Look fellas, the Cowboys are hot right now. Romo has been playing lights out and there isn't any reason to think they aren't one of the top teams. They went into Carolina and laid the smackdown and now they beat the Colts. I think the Cowboys are one of the top 5 teams in the NFL at this point and Romo has been stellar so far.

It's not that easy to say Grads would be good to with TO, Glenn, etc. Have you seen Romo play? He's got a great mix of mobility, arm strenght, and accuracy.

Look at it objectively here, the Cowboys are a VERY good team right now.

That is what I mean, they were saying the same about the Falcons a few weeks ago when Vick had 2 games with a few TD passes. This is the NFL...the Bucs could win on Thursday. You see it all the time with other games. So this is our time.

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#10 : November 21, 2006, 10:39:56 PM

I wanna see tiki knockout irving

sorry ...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : November 22, 2006, 12:26:50 AM

everybody has been bobbing on the cowboys **CENSORED** all year, ESPN, Peter King...its sick, they are all the biggest bandwagon jumpers ever, im getting tired of people saying Romo is like the 2nd coming of Jesus to the cowboys fans or something, if somebody like Gradkowski had TO, Glenn, Crayton, Witten...they would do really well also, i mean he has talented WR and TE, if he DIDNT do good he would look way stupid, ROMO is not the best QB in the NFC by a long shot, he has only played what like 4 games?

I don't think there is a QB in the NFC better than Romo at this point.  Eli is struggling, Hasselback got hurt, Mexico is back to sucking, McNabb is gone, Delhomo is Delhomo, etc.

I don't think they are too off base.  The guy is 4-1 I believe and is a fluke blocked kick/face mask/kick away from being 5-0 as a starter.  Yeah he has weapons so what...so does Peyton Manning, so did Joe Montana, So Does Carson Palmer......

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 22, 2006, 12:30:40 AM

God I love how you guys say that when an announcer is giving the love for player A, they are on his jock for doing some commentary on some nice play.  You guys, seriously.  Stop thinking that the guys on ESPN are on everbody's jock, except the Bucs players.  If they were riding Gradkowski, would you complain about Salisbury, or Thiesman, or anyone else?  I thought not.

BigDFan5

Practice Squad

#13 : November 22, 2006, 01:27:52 AM

everybody has been bobbing on the cowboys **CENSORED** all year, ESPN, Peter King...its sick, they are all the biggest bandwagon jumpers ever,

If they have been on the Cowboys all year, then they aren't jumping on the bandwagon are they?

im getting tired of people saying Romo is like the 2nd coming of Jesus to the cowboys fans or something, if somebody like Gradkowski had TO, Glenn, Crayton, Witten...they would do really well also, i mean he has talented WR and TE, if he DIDNT do good he would look way stupid, ROMO is not the best QB in the NFC by a long shot, he has only played what like 4 games?

Bledsoe sure didn't look good when he was in. You may not like it but Romo in his short time has shown to be a very very good QB. He makes great decisions and has a quick release and very few mistakes. In his short time he has played better than most NFC QBs

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#14 : November 22, 2006, 01:35:35 AM

God I love how you guys say that when an announcer is giving the love for player A, they are on his jock for doing some commentary on some nice play.  You guys, seriously.  Stop thinking that the guys on ESPN are on everbody's jock, except the Bucs players.  If they were riding Gradkowski, would you complain about Salisbury, or Thiesman, or anyone else?  I thought not.

The media has favorites, and certain cats are quite untouchable while everyone else falls in and out of favor depending on what they've done for you lately.

It's the nature of the beast when you've got 24 hour network coverage of the NFL plus round-the-clock website updates of people trying to draw hits.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Guys on ESPN « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools