Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are we about ready to compare our current WR corp.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#15 : November 21, 2006, 11:47:56 AM

to the WR corp we had under the Dungy years

Reidel Anthony=Michael Clayton(great first year went downhill from there)
Jaquez Green=Joey Galloway (very very fast ATH..not that great of a pure WR)
Karl Williams=Ike Hilliard (used primarily on Special Teams)

The Green to Galloway reference isn't close.  Not even worthy of a response.

Hilliard is way better than The Truth.  Runs crisp routes and has sure hands.  A very dependable 3rd receiver.

However, I like the Reidel/Clayton comparison.  I *hope* Clayton can re-gain his rookie form, but he has only shown flashes of it this year.  

#16 : November 21, 2006, 11:50:48 AM

The Green to Galloway reference isn't close.  Not even worthy of a response. (I concede that)

Hilliard is way better than The Truth.  Runs crisp routes and has sure hands.  A very dependable 3rd receiver. (You forget why Karl was called "the truth" its not because he didnt lie)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 21, 2006, 12:16:56 PM

Hilliard is way better than The Truth.  Runs crisp routes and has sure hands.  A very dependable 3rd receiver. (You forget why Karl was called "the truth" its not because he didnt lie)

actually had nothing to do with his skills - he was actually called that in reference to the boxer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Williams_(boxer)

#18 : November 21, 2006, 01:25:02 PM

Hilliard is way better than The Truth. Runs crisp routes and has sure hands. A very dependable 3rd receiver. (You forget why Karl was called "the truth" its not because he didnt lie)

actually had nothing to do with his skills - he was actually called that in reference to the boxer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Williams_(boxer)

From what I heard "The Truth" nickname was given to him in training camp by Alvin Harper because he cought everything that was thrown at him

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 21, 2006, 01:46:56 PM

talk about a waste of space on a BB.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#20 : November 21, 2006, 03:03:38 PM

talk about a waste of space on a BB.

At least it sparks some interst in a somewhat boring borad as of late

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 21, 2006, 03:10:51 PM

From what I heard "The Truth" nickname was given to him in training camp by Alvin Harper because he cought everything that was thrown at him

Not so.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#22 : November 21, 2006, 04:08:58 PM

to the WR corp we had under the Dungy years

Reidel Anthony=Michael Clayton(great first year went downhill from there)
Jaquez Green=Joey Galloway (very very fast ATH..not that great of a pure WR)
Karl Williams=Ike Hilliard (used primarily on Special Teams)

The Green to Galloway reference isn't close.  Not even worthy of a response.

Hilliard is way better than The Truth.  Runs crisp routes and has sure hands.  A very dependable 3rd receiver.

However, I like the Reidel/Clayton comparison.  I *hope* Clayton can re-gain his rookie form, but he has only shown flashes of it this year. 

Please Reidel Anthonmy never came close to Clayton's numbers in any off his early years. The comparison is not good in anyway because as bad as Clayton may be now, when he was the only option he put up Rookie of the Year receiver numbers.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are we about ready to compare our current WR corp.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools