Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duce Staley released by the Steelers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : December 05, 2006, 01:34:26 PM

Jones wasn't that good.

Jones was the best RB fit for Gruden's offense that we have had since he has been the coach.
Really?

How do you figure?

Because of the stellar numbers he has been putting up in a run heavy Chicago offense, that has a massive O-line designed for run blocking?

Jones would have been worse in Tampa, if for no other reason than the O-lines inability to do its job properly.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 05, 2006, 01:35:21 PM

Jones was the best RB fit for Gruden's offense that we have had since he has been the coach.

Actually, Charlie Garner was.   But he was old and got hurt.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#17 : December 05, 2006, 01:38:59 PM

Jones was alright. He fared better in Chicago than he probably would have here. He is pretty similar to Cadillac. Not good hands, not a great blocker, a great runner, however.

Signing Garner was a huge mistake. We're over it, now, though. I wouldn't mind Staley being here. He is a good pass catcher and he could be a 2nd or 3rd stringer. He is better than Pittman. Java you are dead wrong about him being Aaron Stecker. Staley is way, way better than Stecker would ever dream of being. That isn't saying much though.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 05, 2006, 01:41:06 PM

Actually, Charlie Garner was.   But he was old and got hurt.

He was old and injured, that's why he wasn't the best

TheChronic

Rookie

#19 : December 05, 2006, 01:41:34 PM

Jones was alright. He fared better in Chicago than he probably would have here. He is pretty similar to Cadillac. Not good hands, not a great blocker, a great runner, however.

Signing Garner was a huge mistake. We're over it, now, though. I wouldn't mind Staley being here. He is a good pass catcher and he could be a 2nd or 3rd stringer. He is better than Pittman. Java you are dead wrong about him being Aaron Stecker. Staley is way, way better than Stecker would ever dream of being. That isn't saying much though.

I concur with this.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 05, 2006, 01:42:06 PM

Duce has not been playing for some time now.  How manygames does he have in two years with the Steelers?   He is an injury away from calling it quits, if he isn't crapping the bed already.

Duce is a PR nightmare, a player whose time has passed on by...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 05, 2006, 01:43:21 PM

Staley is way, way better than Stecker would ever dream of being. That isn't saying much though.

I've never seen anything out of Staley that would indicate he's better than Stecker.   Stecker is an ok back, just not a good starter.   The same can be said for Staley.

TheChronic

Rookie

#22 : December 05, 2006, 01:43:59 PM

I know exactly how it went down.   Jones was signed early and the Bucs decided to go another direction.  

You don't know what you're talking about..........that's not how it went down at all.  Look for a chronic thread soon.

#23 : December 05, 2006, 01:47:17 PM

Are we talkin about the same Duce Staley? Better than Pittman, at what?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 05, 2006, 01:48:31 PM

Why would I care anything about a chronic diarrhea thread?

I wouldn't want Jones even for league minimum.  He couldn't carry Caddy's jock.  

TheChronic

Rookie

#25 : December 05, 2006, 01:51:54 PM

You've been spoon fed pablum.  Jones was fighting hard and making good numbers.....and was planning on staying and being in tandem......and or replacing Pittman.  He did what gruden asked of him when Pitt went down........and as gruden demanded of him.......which was to make him  the star he was in college....and was not as a cardinal. 

Jones busted his hump.....and when filling in for pitt......did wonderfully.....and was anticipating a long term deal.......as gruden promised.  then......the chit hit the fan when Thomas' agent got word that gruden was talking to garners people.......and that was all Thomas had to hear.  He was insulted.......felt betrayed.....and instructed his agent to get him the hell out of tampa bay asap.

that my friend........is how it went down.

don't they teach you anyting in your PI pay-for insider stuff club?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 05, 2006, 01:49:34 PM

Why would I care anything about a chronic diarrhea thread?

I wouldn't want Jones even for league minimum.  He couldn't carry Caddy's jock. 
LMAO!!

...of the mouth...and the orifice.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 05, 2006, 01:56:52 PM

You've been spoon fed pablum.  Jones was fighting hard and making good numbers.....and was planning on staying and being in tandem......and or replacing Pittman.  He did what gruden asked of him when Pitt went down........and as gruden demanded of him.......which was to make him  the star he was in college....and was not as a cardinal. 

Jones busted his hump.....and when filling in for pitt......did wonderfully.....and was anticipating a long term deal.......as gruden promised.  then......the chit hit the fan when Thomas' agent got word that gruden was talking to garners people.......and that was all Thomas had to hear.  He was insulted.......felt betrayed.....and instructed his agent to get him the hell out of tampa bay asap.

that my friend........is how it went down.

don't they teach you anyting in your PI pay-for insider stuff club?

Good, let him bust his hump somewhere else, in another time and place, this might have mae for a good topic.  It is old news.  The "Chit" hitting the fan is basic psychology man...how would anyone feel?

Gimme a break.  I wonder why TJ didn't ask to be let out of Chicago when the Bears drafted Benson?  Hmmm...

TheChronic

Rookie

#28 : December 05, 2006, 01:57:47 PM

I was educating Java........not you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 05, 2006, 02:01:32 PM

I was educating Java........not you.

If I want to graduate from Waynes College School of Knowledge, I will definitely ask you questions...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duce Staley released by the Steelers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools