Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duce Staley released by the Steelers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TheChronic

Rookie

#30 : December 05, 2006, 02:03:32 PM

you'll have to earn your way out on kindergarden, first.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 05, 2006, 03:20:42 PM

We chose Charlie Garner over him a couple of years ago. Both were piss poor choices. I wouldn't want Garner back and i definitely wouldn't want Duce Staley here. Staley in his prime was about equivalent to an Aaron Stecker.

Wrong..........we chose charlie garner over Thomas Jones............and it was a huge cluster ****.
Wrong again....Thomas Jones jumped at the first offer he got. Staley chose Pitt over Tampa because of Gruden's desire to rotate backs. He wanted to prove he could succeed in a power running attack like Pittsburgh.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 05, 2006, 03:38:26 PM

He wanted to prove he could succeed in a power running attack like Pittsburgh.

Any decent back could be a superstar in Pittsburgh.   Staley was one of the few exceptions who didn't do anything there.   I'm glad we didn't sign Staley or keep Jones.   But I wish we hadn't signed Garner. 

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 05, 2006, 03:49:28 PM

Same for me. I wish Jones hadn't taken the first offer he got...but there's no doubt we're better off in the long run.

TheChronic

Rookie

#34 : December 05, 2006, 03:50:45 PM

Wrong..........we chose charlie garner over Thomas Jones............and it was a huge cluster ****.
Wrong again....Thomas Jones jumped at the first offer he got. Staley chose Pitt over Tampa because of Gruden's desire to rotate backs. He wanted to prove he could succeed in a power running attack like Pittsburgh.

re-read the thread sweetheart......you seem to have missed a few key postsing of mine.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 05, 2006, 04:04:04 PM

re-read the thread sweetheart......you seem to have missed a few key postsing of mine.
I wouldn't call any of your posts key.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#36 : December 05, 2006, 04:52:22 PM

Java, you are going to argue that Staley, who had 3 1,000 yard rushing seasons is worse than Pittman who had 0?

And, he has 4 more career TDs and Pittman has been playing these last 2 years while Staley has been hurt.

Statistically, you can't even make that argument. Staley is a good runner and a good pass catcher. Pittman is a good pass catcher and a terrible runner with terrible vision. I don't see where you are going with this.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 05, 2006, 08:09:47 PM

This is simple...NO! Staley hasn't done jack in forever and he has been nothing but injury prone. He's definitely not better than Caddy and he isn't a good option out of the backfield like Pittman. I'd like to see Graham as our backup runner and see the Bucs bring in a #3 back with a later round pick or sign someone to compete with Pittman. Pittman offers nothing in the running game and he has been a non factor in the passing game this year.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 05, 2006, 08:37:26 PM

My thoughts? Yes I wouldnt mind him at all. The run that comes to mind is his touchdown run against us in the championship game. I am a running back by commitee advocate however.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 05, 2006, 08:54:49 PM

I don't see why the Bucs can't use a RBBC approach anyhow.  If Caddy is not having a solid game, put in Graham.  If he isn't, let Pittman ride.  Otherwise, you are not taking advantage of three backs that should all get touches.

TheChronic

Rookie

#40 : December 05, 2006, 08:55:50 PM

Graham is a beast..........and gruden has no freakin clue.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 05, 2006, 08:59:36 PM

I couldnt agree more about Graham. He deserves carries.

TheChronic

Rookie

#42 : December 05, 2006, 10:34:29 PM

welcome to my board sunnyD.........I drink you all the time.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 05, 2006, 10:38:16 PM

click squared.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Duce Staley released by the Steelers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools