Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers Big Board has 9 DLineman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 22, 2006, 12:24:17 PM

Okay this is for you MBF:

1. Marcus McCauley CB
2. a. Amobi Okoye DT
2. b. Victor Abiamiri DE

You like?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 22, 2006, 12:28:25 PM

I cannot wait for the day we get another good, explosive young DT or DL all together

Baghead #2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 22, 2006, 12:36:19 PM

Marcus McCauley is a stud but I can't see a CB in R1 with the possiblity of getting one via FA and already having Barber. McCauley would be nice but I can't see it happen.

I don't even see CB has a huge need.  Hopefully Kelly comes back 100% and Barber is still at the top of his game.  I am very hopeful Zemaitis will develop into a good CB in our system, and maybe Buchanon can be coached back to his true form.

Without good pass rush by the front four the Tampa2 defence fails, and the CB and safeties have a thankless task.  Even when the D was at its prime QBs usually found a receiver downfiled if the D-line didn't get into the backfield.

1 - Gaines Adams
2a - Aaron Rouse
2b - Brian Leonard
3 - Marcus Thomas

#33 : November 22, 2006, 12:41:20 PM

Okay this is for you MBF:

1. Marcus McCauley CB
2. a. Amobi Okoye DT
2. b. Victor Abiamiri DE

You like?
That would be a pretty good scenario. Add in a speed WR like Steve Breaston in R3 and that's a very good day.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 22, 2006, 12:49:24 PM

Marcus McCauley is a stud but I can't see a CB in R1 with the possiblity of getting one via FA and already having Barber. McCauley would be nice but I can't see it happen.

I don't even see CB has a huge need.  Hopefully Kelly comes back 100% and Barber is still at the top of his game.  I am very hopeful Zemaitis will develop into a good CB in our system, and maybe Buchanon can be coached back to his true form.

Without good pass rush by the front four the Tampa2 defence fails, and the CB and safeties have a thankless task.  Even when the D was at its prime QBs usually found a receiver downfiled if the D-line didn't get into the backfield.

1 - Gaines Adams
2a - Aaron Rouse
2b - Brian Leonard
3 - Marcus Thomas

MJS is that you??? We agree on something, WTH is going on around here???

Baghead #2

#35 : November 22, 2006, 12:52:02 PM

I am very hopeful Zemaitis will develop into a good CB in our system

If people recall last summer I was a fan of AZ and still am, but we need another good corner MM would be a nice running mate. Of course this depends on whether we can lure Nate Clements to Tampa.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 22, 2006, 12:54:59 PM

I am very hopeful Zemaitis will develop into a good CB in our system

If people recall last summer I was a fan of AZ and still am, but we need another good corner MM would be a nice running mate. Of course this depends on whether we can lure Nate Clements to Tampa.

The Tampa2 needs pass rush, and if that is corrected we are OK at CB.  This system has never required blue-chip secondary players, just decent system players.  Get some pass rush and our secondary is not that bad.  Allen and Phillips both played on the number one D in 2005, they haven't turned into bums overnight IMO.

#37 : November 22, 2006, 12:56:04 PM

they haven't turned into bums overnight IMO.
Exactly- they were already bums. ;)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 22, 2006, 12:58:23 PM

they haven't turned into bums overnight IMO.
Exactly- they were already bums. ;)

Whatever!

We have enough problems to address without replacing players that still have plenty upside.  I would bet my house that teh Bucs will not take a 1st round CB while Monty is still the DC.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 22, 2006, 01:06:31 PM

Drafting them all would be nice wouldn't Todd.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bklynbucs11

Starter

#40 : November 22, 2006, 01:22:08 PM

What's funny is that this list doesn't even include Alan Branch - who probably tops the D-linemen list period. i think Abiamiri is fairly underated because of how bad the rest of the Irish D is.

I'm so tempted to say draft Okoye or Branch (yes, he's a big boy but so was Sapp - and this kid flat out dominates) or Pitt**CENSORED** and leave the the DE's to the 2nd. But a first-round DE is probably the safest pick you can make. Unlike the countless 1st round DT's that all flop *cough* *Booger* *cough*, first round DE's are a near lock (Courtney Brown notwithstanding - but there are plenty of DT's to offset that)l.

I say either Adams in the first and BDLA (best DL avail) in the early 2nd, or Branch in the first and Abiamiri, who I think will sink, in the 2nd.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 22, 2006, 01:27:50 PM

I am a def advocate of building the defense from the inside out. We have Barber and he can play a zone cover probably till he is 40 years old. We need to have that rush to force the errant throws or get the sack.

Baghead #2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 22, 2006, 01:34:57 PM

What's funny is that this list doesn't even include Alan Branch - who probably tops the D-linemen list period. i think Abiamiri is fairly underated because of how bad the rest of the Irish D is.

I'm so tempted to say draft Okoye or Branch (yes, he's a big boy but so was Sapp - and this kid flat out dominates) or Pitt**CENSORED** and leave the the DE's to the 2nd. But a first-round DE is probably the safest pick you can make. Unlike the countless 1st round DT's that all flop *cough* *Booger* *cough*, first round DE's are a near lock (Courtney Brown notwithstanding - but there are plenty of DT's to offset that)l.

I say either Adams in the first and BDLA (best DL avail) in the early 2nd, or Branch in the first and Abiamiri, who I think will sink, in the 2nd.

Branch isn't listed because he's a junior.  This list will change quite a bit once the Juniors declare.  I love Branch; he's a force and we need that kind of motor and attitude on our line.  We definitely need a strong pass rush from both the DE and DT spots to make this Defense work.  The DE forces the QB to step up in the pocket, while the DT collapses the pocket, forcing mistakes that our LBs and DBs can apitalize on.  Branch in the first and a solid pass-rushing DE in the second would be awesome.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 22, 2006, 01:35:27 PM

Amobi Okoye is intriguing because he is so young.  Usually you draft a DT and if you are lucky get 7 or 8 productive years out of them.  This kid could play for 12 years and in three or fours years he could be one of the most dominant DTs the game has seen.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 22, 2006, 01:38:35 PM

Amobi Okoye is intriguing because he is so young.  Usually you draft a DT and if you are lucky get 7 or 8 productive years out of them.  This kid could play for 12 years and in three or fours years he could be one of the most dominant DTs the game has seen.

Young and smart.  I watched him a few times this year, and was disappointed that he wasn't as dominant as I had expected after hearing the hype.  On the flip side, though, his young body is still maturing and he will definitely be able to put on more size.  I've read several scouting reports projecting him as a future 3-4 NT.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kipers Big Board has 9 DLineman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools