Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO EXTENSION FOR YOU GRUDEN! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

: January 06, 2008, 03:39:36 PM

You allowed your offense to sit out and lose 2 meaningful games, your offense has gotten worse, your time has come. Time for your to be a man, accept responsibility and step down as the head coach. You have proven you are no good at building a team with any young talent. Do the right thing and step down.

Waterboy

Starter

#1 : January 06, 2008, 03:40:11 PM

LOL

Huey Freeman

Starter
#2 : January 06, 2008, 03:40:44 PM

It has nothing to do with resting two weeks.  The Giants are just a better team.....  

HARDBUCBALL

Practice Squad

#3 : January 06, 2008, 03:42:52 PM

THE GIANTS ARE A CRAPPY TEAM BUT WE ARE JUST WORSE!

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 06, 2008, 03:43:47 PM

Didn't we score on our 2nd drive of the game???

You must be accountable for your actions!

UFBucgator

Practice Squad

#5 : January 06, 2008, 03:46:22 PM

Serious lack of playmakers.  On either side of ball.  Maybe next year this offense will get rolling.  When Galloway is our only offensive threat, well, that isnt going to win you any Super Bowls.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 06, 2008, 03:47:03 PM

It is hard to argue for a contract extension right now but Gruden should be retained IMO.  The team showed improvement and we have a lot of young players.  We have a very favorable cap situation and something solid to build on.

Extend him two more years so he isn't a dead duck coach BUT if we flop next year fire him and pay him off.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 06, 2008, 03:47:33 PM

Yup, why in the hell did he rest them? I say we do what the Giants did, extend him for 1 yr

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

nhbucsfan

Second String

#8 : January 06, 2008, 03:48:59 PM

It is hard to argue for a contract extension right now but Gruden should be retained IMO.  The team showed improvement and we have a lot of young players.  We have a very favorable cap situation and something solid to build on.

Extend him two more years so he isn't a dead duck coach BUT if we flop next year fire him and pay him off.
He's signed for next year. He should get 1 year and see what happens in '08.
People seem to forget that he can still get canned if he gets a new contract.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#9 : January 06, 2008, 03:49:26 PM

It has nothing to do with resting two weeks.  The Giants are just a better team.....

Yeah, three weeks ago Trueblood, Penn, Davin, and Wade would NOT have gotten their collective butt handed to them by the best pass rushing line in the league. The only guy who held his own is our injured guard. Seriously over-matched. The loss of Galloway's speed didn't help either. Oh and our lack of offensive playmakers to begin with....

#10 : January 06, 2008, 03:50:25 PM

Just what Iamawalkingvagina wanted, a Bucs loss.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 06, 2008, 03:50:49 PM

I say keep Gruden it isnt his fault
the defense plays on first and second down only
the offense has barely any playmakers
Galloway is old and should think about hanging it up before he gets hurt and his career is over

like MJS said we have young players and cap room so lest put it to use

Formerly known as Revis Islander

dandrews

Rookie
#12 : January 06, 2008, 03:50:53 PM

This team is young and lacks a lot of depth and skill players.

However, Gruden worked a miracle with this team this year.  I feel that we're going to see a much more competitive team next year if we can get everyone back healthy, get another solid draft class, and add some talent via FA.

Firing Gruden isn't going to help matters - who else is out there to replace him?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 06, 2008, 03:51:24 PM

He has been wanting to start this all year

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

nhbucsfan

Second String

#14 : January 06, 2008, 03:52:08 PM

He has been wanting to start this all year
Well it makes for a more interesting off-season!
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO EXTENSION FOR YOU GRUDEN! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools