Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO EXTENSION FOR YOU GRUDEN! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 06, 2008, 03:52:53 PM

wasnt 8-8 going to get him an extension?

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#16 : January 06, 2008, 03:54:03 PM

Honestly, before this season started who here was expecting a division win and a home playoff game despite the remarkable amount of injuries.

I like the idea of keeping Gruden for another year or two. This team is headed in the right direction.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 06, 2008, 03:54:30 PM

He took a team that he coached up to 8-4, then personally decided to coach them into the ground.  

The team looked flat with no emotion, playing at home, for a team that Gruden had 3 weeks to prepare for.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 06, 2008, 03:54:44 PM

It has nothing to do with resting two weeks. The Giants are just a better team.....

Yeah, three weeks ago Trueblood, Penn, Davin, and Wade would NOT have gotten their collective butt handed to them by the best pass rushing line in the league. The only guy who held his own is our injured guard. Seriously over-matched. The loss of Galloway's speed didn't help either. Oh and our lack of offensive playmakers to begin with....

The best way to neutralize a pass-rushing line is to run the ball.  Graham was having a lot of success, but we didn't use him enough.

mpanico

Rookie
#19 : January 06, 2008, 03:54:52 PM

Extend Gruden's contract. He earned it by getting a 4-12 team into the playoffs as a division winner. It's as simple as that.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : January 06, 2008, 03:56:10 PM

Just what Iamawalkingvagina wanted, a Bucs loss.
Wrong answer there... But I expected a Gruden first person to start insulting people.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 06, 2008, 03:56:38 PM

Serious lack of playmakers.  On either side of ball.  Maybe next year this offense will get rolling.  When Galloway is our only offensive threat, well, that isnt going to win you any Super Bowls.

Nail on head. Not a big believer in Pro Bowl elections however the fact that the Bucs had no one selected is probably accurate and telling at the same time. Tough to win consistently in this league without big time players and looking around the Bucs roster there simply aren't enough high end players. I'm still at the stage in which I can see this team going 6-10 next year just like I thought this team was anywhere from a 10-6 to a 6-10 team. Whether the current regime can change that remains to be seen. I still see stagnation.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

armydx316

Starter

#22 : January 06, 2008, 03:56:47 PM

It has nothing to do with resting two weeks. The Giants are just a better team.....

Yeah, three weeks ago Trueblood, Penn, Davin, and Wade would NOT have gotten their collective butt handed to them by the best pass rushing line in the league. The only guy who held his own is our injured guard. Seriously over-matched. The loss of Galloway's speed didn't help either. Oh and our lack of offensive playmakers to begin with....

The best way to neutralize a pass-rushing line is to run the ball.  Graham was having a lot of success, but we didn't use him enough.

this also isnt the first game this year that graham had success running and we didnt use him enough

armydx316

Starter

#23 : January 06, 2008, 03:57:47 PM

Serious lack of playmakers. On either side of ball. Maybe next year this offense will get rolling. When Galloway is our only offensive threat, well, that isnt going to win you any Super Bowls.

Nail on head. Not a big believer in Pro Bowl elections however the fact that the Bucs had no one selected is probably accurate and telling at the same time. Tough to win consistently in this league without big time players and looking around the Bucs roster there simply aren't enough high end players. I'm still at the stage in which I can see this team going 6-10 next year just like I thought this team was anywhere from a 10-6 to a 6-10 team. Whether the current regime can change that remains to be seen. I still see stagnation.

if this team goes 6-10 next year then gruden will be gone

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 06, 2008, 03:58:28 PM

TheGhostofWarrenSapp

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 06, 2008, 03:59:22 PM

Extend Gruden's contract. He earned it by getting a 4-12 team into the playoffs as a division winner. It's as simple as that.

By that logic, he should have been fired last year for taking a division winner team from the playoffs to 4-12 in a year

armydx316

Starter

#26 : January 06, 2008, 03:59:57 PM

TheGhostofWarrenSapp

LOL

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 06, 2008, 04:00:15 PM

lmao

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 06, 2008, 04:03:26 PM

By that logic, he should have been fired last year for taking a division winner team from the playoffs to 4-12 in a year

To me the Bucs have had the same 8-8 team for the last 3 years. Right now.....I'm thinking that offering Gruden a 1 year extension is the way to go. If he doesn't want it then so be it.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#29 : January 06, 2008, 04:03:47 PM

Well the failed experiment that is Jeff Garcia has just thrown another interception. Goodbye Jeffie, take Gruden with you.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NO EXTENSION FOR YOU GRUDEN! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools