Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: idea « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

: November 24, 2006, 04:47:09 PM

rookies are not going to turn this team around next year.. a mix of rookies and quality free agents will..

Still think Jerry porter would be a good addition and get rid of clayton.. the dedication just isnt there anymore.

netsbucscardsfan

Second String

#1 : November 24, 2006, 04:02:34 PM

we take calvin johnson or ted ginn with our top 5 pick, then we take troy smtih and a defensive player in the 2nd round

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 24, 2006, 04:05:34 PM

we take calvin johnson or ted ginn with our top 5 pick, then we take troy smtih and a defensive player in the 2nd round

I'd like Johnson there but not Ginn.  But Johnson, Smith, and some D would be great! 

escobar

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 24, 2006, 04:14:56 PM

I'm not a draft guru like some are around here, but if there is a quality DT available with our first 2nd round pick I say that is the biggest need right now. We get absolutely no pressure from our line, none. That is THE reason our defense has slipped this year. Yeah we have a ton of injuries on D, and our corners and safties look awful save for Ronde, but you could give us any secondary in the league and match it up with our current pass rush and they would get burned as well.  If we don't trade down in the first and Johnson is available I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed him. Maybe we can grab Johnson AND trade Simeon to a dumbass team and grab Ginn too. Wouldn't THAT be something.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2006, 06:18:01 PM

rookies are not going to turn this team around next year.. a mix of rookies and quality free agents will..

Still think Jerry porter would be a good addition and get rid of clayton.. the dedication just isnt there anymore.

I agree with wanting Porter. Maybe a Porter for Clayton trade straight up. They both need a change of scenery.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 24, 2006, 06:19:58 PM

I agree with wanting Porter. Maybe a Porter for Clayton trade straight up. They both need a change of scenery.

Clayton needs plastic surgery to have a couple of new hands stitched on.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 24, 2006, 06:22:20 PM

Clayton needs plastic surgery to have a couple of new hands stitched on.

Or maybe a visit to the Wizard to get a new brain. His mind clearly isn't right.

#7 : November 24, 2006, 06:35:14 PM

Not Ted Ginn.....Calvin Johnson would be an absoloute Godsend however, a big physical guy who catches anything thrown at him. If you want a 'Ginn' then why not just take Steve Breaston late day 2?

#8 : November 24, 2006, 10:47:49 PM

Moss = coach killer, doesn't care, doesn't go all out...no thanks

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 24, 2006, 10:30:16 PM

I know im in the minority but id love to see Randy Moss in Tampa

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 24, 2006, 10:44:36 PM

I know im in the minority but id love to see Randy Moss in Tampa

Would not mind it, it certainly would make Simms a more valuable asset...

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 25, 2006, 09:01:41 AM

I dont agree with your assessment of Moss. He hasnt cost any coach his job and true he admitted not going all out on every play but who does. In the right situation he would care Im sure. Besides Gruden would probably be the toughest coach hes had.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 25, 2006, 09:12:09 AM

I would be against taking any offensive player as the first pick-no matter who they are.

We need DL bad.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 25, 2006, 10:15:27 AM

Agreed --Defense first

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 25, 2006, 10:18:54 AM

I would be against taking any offensive player as the first pick-no matter who they are.

We need DL bad.

Why?  Our offense is just as bad.  Bad teams can't be picky about who they take.  We need the best player available whether it's Brady Quinn, Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Gaines Adams, etc.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: idea « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools