Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora on the hotseat? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

: November 24, 2006, 05:18:28 PM

Blank lays down the gauntlet:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2006/11/24/1125blank.html

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE FALCONS?
Blank: Missing playoffs 'not good enough'
Owner says entire organization under scrutiny as team struggles

By STEVE WYCHE
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 11/24/06

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said the entire organization is under evaluation and that finishing out of the playoffs and with an 8-8 record or worse, "is definitely not good enough, from any perspective," in an exclusive interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Blank did not say coach Jim Mora and his staff are in jeopardy but he also refrained from offering a vote of confidence. Though 5-5 after a three-game losing streak entering Sunday's home game with New Orleans, Atlanta has six more games to right a wobbly ship, Blank said.

Blank did say a playoff berth, regardless of the record, is something he looks forward to.

"Our team, since the middle of last year, has not played with the type of consistency that it needs to," said Blank, referring to the 7-11 record since starting 6-2 in 2005. "There's no question about that. All of our fans know that. Everybody in our building knows that. What we have to do is figure out why and what we can do about that.

"Is it the talent? Is it the coaching? Is it the schemes? Is it leadership? Ownership? What is it? As an owner, what I do is I think about everything. I think about it all. That's what I have to do. I can't think about just one piece of it and say lets just focus on this."

Mora, hired by Blank in 2004, was given an extension through the 2009 season last summer. Mora took Atlanta to the NFC championship game his rookie season and has compiled a 24-18 mark — better than Colts coach Tony Dungy, Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Eagles coach Andy Reid, among others, during their first 42 games.

Blank clearly is more interested in what's going now.

"The theory that you have to look over a body of work, to me, is not a valid one in business and sports," Blank said. "In all due respect, and this is with great affection and love and respect for Dan Reeves, had I done that, Dan Reeves would still be our head coach — forever — because Dan won 200 games and look at his body of work since he was a head coach."

#1 : November 24, 2006, 05:22:03 PM

Mora is a joke. People say Gruden needs to be fired, yes right. Mora is the real joke of the NFC South. Blank is a joke too. Stay up in the box no one wants to see him on the sidelines. Guy goes down there at the end of every quarter to check Vick's temperature

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 24, 2006, 05:25:05 PM

Guy goes down there at the end of every quarter to check Vick's temperature

Rectally.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 24, 2006, 05:51:05 PM

If I'm Mora I bench Vick and put in Shaub right now.  If my neck is on the line right now then I could care less what anybody else thinks.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 24, 2006, 05:52:44 PM

I feel for Mora. His balls are in a vice grip having Vick.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 24, 2006, 05:54:17 PM

If I'm Mora I bench Vick and put in Shaub right now. If my neck is on the line right now then I could care less what anybody else thinks.

that's it right there. Vick is the problem. His lack of leadership is apparent each and every game.

#6 : November 24, 2006, 06:12:00 PM

Put Schaub in at Qb and make Vick your RB/slot WR/ PR/ Reggie Bush

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 24, 2006, 06:22:42 PM

Do the Dolphins still have Marcus Vick? I'm shocked that punk hasn't been back to prison yet.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 24, 2006, 06:32:57 PM

We can thank McKay for all of this. First he gives a RB a QB's salary, and then plays him at QB, next he continues to show just how incapable he is of drafting first round WR's. It's great. That offense is going to need an entire rebuild here in the near future and they thought they just did that. Isn't it grand.

#9 : November 24, 2006, 06:59:43 PM

I agree McKay has made a bunch of mistakes there. Vick and Hartwell top the list. A lot of money was given to injury prone Abraham.

But I dont think the WR are the problem. Jenkins and WHite are good WRs, IMO. Especially for being picked at the end of the 1st round. They just dont have a QB who can go through his progressions back there. Put Schaub in and Jekins and WHite would put up better numbers

escobar

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 24, 2006, 07:00:59 PM

I agree McKay has made a bunch of mistakes there. Vick and Hartwell top the list. A lot of money was given to injury prone Abraham.

But I dont think the WR are the problem. Jenkins and WHite are good WRs, IMO. Especially for being picked at the end of the 1st round. They just dont have a QB who can go through his progressions back there. Put Schaub in and Jekins and WHite would put up better numbers

Yeah probably, good thing McKay screwed that up by ensuring Vick remains the starter. Gotta love it.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#11 : November 24, 2006, 07:10:37 PM

I hope Mora stays in Atl forever----with Ron Mexico! ;D

#12 : November 24, 2006, 07:11:44 PM

Vick's gonna demand a trade sooner or later. I for one hope he stays with the Falcons. He can't leave. Who's gonna be our whipping boy?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : November 24, 2006, 07:13:39 PM

What team wants/can afford his ridiculous contract?

#14 : November 24, 2006, 07:14:24 PM

What team wants/can afford his ridiculous contract?
I reckon some team desparate for ticket sales. Some idiot will give up something good for him.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora on the hotseat? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools