Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BISACCIA, MUIR SIGN EXTENSIONS WITH BUCS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 10, 2008, 12:53:12 PM

Well.. with this it appears Bruce Allen is turning into Carl Peterson.. no longer interested in winning only in keeping his buddies employed.

Yep, that's how he's been in the league for as long as he has. He doesn't care about winning, only having buddies run the show.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#16 : January 10, 2008, 12:54:14 PM

Well.. with this it appears Bruce Allen is turning into Carl Peterson.. no longer interested in winning only in keeping his buddies employed.

Yep, that's how he's been in the league for as long as he has. He doesn't care about winning, only having buddies run the show.
Hey Carl Peterson has been in the league for 20 years... all with the same team and having not had a playoff win since 1993... It happens and Allen is turning into him.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 10, 2008, 12:54:56 PM

Ryan24 linked to this in the other Muir thread...

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/10/Bucs/Alstott__No_plans_to_.shtml

Bucs receivers coach Richard Mann and offensive line coach Bill Muir have been offered contract extensions and are expected to remain with Tampa Bay. The Bucs also plan to hire former Nebraska coach Bill Callahan, who was Gruden's offensive coordinator with the Raiders.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 10, 2008, 12:57:10 PM

Is Monte weighing his options becuase has yet to sign his contract that has been offered based on what I am reading? ???

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 10, 2008, 12:57:25 PM

Bill Muir is the master of the "look out" blocking scheme we use.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 10, 2008, 12:58:39 PM

Opportunity lost imvho.  Now Ghost, Abuccs and Co. it really is on ...  HC and GM have made their decisions and they will live or die with them...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 10, 2008, 12:59:27 PM

Opportunity lost imvho.  Now Ghost, Abuccs and Co. it really is on ...  HC and GM have made their decisions and they will live or die with them...

Wasn't this true last year when they didn't terminate offensive and ST assistants like they did on the defense?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 10, 2008, 01:03:36 PM

HC and GM have made their decisions and they will live or die with them...

I agree.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 10, 2008, 01:04:36 PM

it really is too bad because I think Gruden somewhere deep inside has what it takes to produce a constant winner but his evaluation skills of talent around him just isn't there.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 10, 2008, 01:07:11 PM

Bill Muir is the master of the "look out" blocking scheme we use.

LOL, or the ole block

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 10, 2008, 01:07:27 PM

Eval skills or cursed like Tony Dungy with an overdose of loyalty ... we will see.  Damn it.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 10, 2008, 01:08:09 PM

I wonder what the terms were for Kiffin - perhaps only a single year?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 10, 2008, 01:09:29 PM

Eval skills or cursed like Tony Dungy with an overdose of loyalty ... we will see.  Damn it.

Cowher has the same disease as well unfortunately. :P

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 10, 2008, 01:19:27 PM

I'm happy with Rich and Kiffin, but I could live without Muir. I'm just not pleased with his blocking schemes. With the types of running backs we have, I think we need to run something like what denver is doing. It doesn't matter which RB they plug in to that system, they all succeed. It would make it a lot easier on us come draft day and FA for the next few years. Take any late round RB or undrafted guy and let him do his thing.

Since Terrell Davis has left, they've had Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Reuben Droughns, Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, now Travis Henry, Andre Hall, and Selvin Young. I'm sure I've forgotten a back or two in there as well.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 10, 2008, 01:20:21 PM

Now I REALLY want to see these pictures that Muir has of Gruden that has allowed him to keep his job in Tampa all these years. They must be extremely embarrassing. Just don't understand this. Agree it's a missed opportunity as Callahan and Cromer could have taken the O line to better levels IMHO.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BISACCIA, MUIR SIGN EXTENSIONS WITH BUCS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools