Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs want Chad Johnson? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: January 12, 2008, 05:52:50 PM

we could only hope the Bucs want Chad Johnson.

Buc31

Starter

#1 : January 12, 2008, 05:34:49 PM

gimme a break! Surprised he didn't get any jail time for that! Playmakers want the ball because they know what they can do with it. We have none at wr (maybe Galloway)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 12, 2008, 05:37:12 PM

Same thing happened here in Tampa, as well.

ryanleaf

Starter

#3 : January 12, 2008, 05:13:31 PM

It was reported that two years ago during halftime of the Cincinnati/Pittsburgh playoff game that Chad Johnson actually attempted to punch Hue Jackson and the offensive staff had to seperate the two.  Johnson was upset b/c he felt he wasn't getting enough balls thrown his way and that the offense was "too conservative" and the coaches were "scared" to take a chance b/c Carson was out with an injury and the backup QB at the time was sucking it up. 

Players and coaches were apparently pissed b/c Marvin Lewis did nothing to discipline Johnson.  That's when a lot of players apparently lost a lot of respect for Marvin.

Leaf

"We're not posin' for football cards offense, we're not posin' for football cards.  Let's practice with some speed!"

Buc31

Starter

#4 : January 12, 2008, 04:35:23 PM

well said!

J#$T!N

Practice Squad

#5 : January 12, 2008, 08:07:02 PM

Well, here's to wishful thinking...

A Pessimist is what an Optimist calls a Realist, and I'm as Real as they come...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 12, 2008, 02:39:35 PM

That's rich, ABuccs. But technically I am one. So try again.

In Verner We Trust

J#$T!N

Practice Squad

#7 : January 11, 2008, 07:18:35 PM

Wide receivers

Grade: C-. This grade would be lower were it not for Galloways game-breaking abilities during the regular season. He caught 57 passes for 1,014 yards and six touchdowns, only to disappear with one catch, out of nine passes thrown his way in the playoff game.

Looking ahead: Michael Clayton, Maurice Stovall and Ike Hilliard did little to stand out this year, combining for two touchdowns. This stands out as the teams greatest need on offense. Look for the Bucs to trade for an elite player such as CHAD JOHNSON or sign an elite one such as RANDY MOSS (though I feel, he will be the Pathetics top priority this off-season) rather than spend a draft pick because of the urgency at this spot.

15th paragraph down
http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080111/SPORTS/80110089/1010

I would love to land Ocho Cinco this off season, draft RB Jonathan THE FUTURE Stewart, and QB Dennis Dixon (in one of the latter rounds)...

A Pessimist is what an Optimist calls a Realist, and I'm as Real as they come...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 12, 2008, 03:28:37 PM

Well, if Mr. Cinco wants to come to a strong Latino community, he'll need to correct his Spanish. Eighty Five is Ochenta Cinco. Ocho Cinco is 8, 5. ;D
Actually, it ochenta y cinco, since you feel the need to be politically correct.

Linguistically correct.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 11, 2008, 10:21:45 PM

if we could get chad for a 2nd i'd pull the trigger.  its gutsy moves like that which can put a team over the top.  our offense is in desperate need of playmakers. 

GoBucs40Bulls8

Starter

#10 : January 11, 2008, 10:44:36 PM

Ocho in pewter. . . don't sound bad

MVP

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 11, 2008, 11:19:04 PM

Would the Bengals let go of him for a second round pick? I really doubt that. Pain in the arse or not he is still an elite WR and Carson Palmer's go to guy. I do not think we even have the trade value on this team to make a fair deal. It also is a virtual certainty that Cincinnatti will set the price at the sky to see what they can get until Johnson becomes insufferable. Unless he starts laying down like Moss did in Oakland I don't see him going anywhere.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 11, 2008, 11:49:42 PM

They better make a move at reciever with a SPLASH type player and sign him to a long term deal, because an aging Galloway and several average recievers is not gonna cut it and we will never get back to the SuperBowl.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : January 12, 2008, 12:21:21 AM

I'd love to have Johnson in Tampa...but I'd rather have Fitzgerald.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 12, 2008, 12:31:13 AM

Spoken like a true NON Bucs fan.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs want Chad Johnson? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools