Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Pewter Report Just a Fair Question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
: January 14, 2008, 12:27:59 PM

So the Obama thread and my NH debate thread have been deleted.  Bummer.

The Obama thread started out bad but got interesting when Buckeye, Joe, Skull & Bones and others started talking about issues.  I don't see the problem if posters stick to facts and opinions and no one gets into name calling games or reverts to childishness.

Oh we can discuss politics rationally as long as EVERYONE is allowed their say and opinion no matter what it is, without having to justify anything to those who think they are political experts because they watch CNN or read Time magazine.

opinion without support or justification is just fluff.  The idea is to state your opinion and your reasons behind it.  Those who don't have or haven't yet formed an opinion might be interested in your justification.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 13, 2008, 09:03:32 AM

If this is the Pirates Cove and We have a National Election concerning this Great Country that we live in if we as members start a thread to get the inside info or ideals to look for when choosing our next Leader of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Could you at least drop the "This board is an OFF-TOPIC BOARD where Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans can talk about topics such as other sports, movies, and other things of interest. Please note: Politics are off limits on these boards.

This is the only website that I give money too and I feel a connection here with all people and do like the open communication here with them. IF it does get too aggressive you do have the mods.

Please do not consider this as negative but this is about our country and its future that we all do take some interest in and this is our place as members to express ourselves with those we have a common bond with...OBD

P.S. I do want to appologize for my not seeing we are not to post political stuff here. I just didn't want to go to a site to have to sign up for future ads coming to my e-mail or them giving my e-mail out. Again I am truly sorry for breaking the rules...ONEBIGDADDY

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 13, 2008, 09:18:24 AM

Just keep posting on it, and they can decide to ban us. If they choose they probably lose money. I never seen a message board not allow politics

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#3 : January 13, 2008, 09:39:12 AM

Just keep posting on it, and they can decide to ban us. If they choose they probably lose money. I never seen a message board not allow politics

Question: How would they lose money to a non-subscriber like yourself?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 13, 2008, 09:44:13 AM

Oregon may not be a subscriber, but he's posts alot.   I believe guys like him help make this site more interesting and I think that helps generate some subscriptions.   

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 13, 2008, 09:51:12 AM

Agreed, now if we could get rid of a few more trolls as I do think that they hurt the boards overall appeal. My definition of a troll is someone who has an agenda, is nasty & vindictive, takes over threads and is totally obnoxious. Notice I didn't say someone who disagrees as I think that this makes for lively debats.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 13, 2008, 09:59:16 AM

I'm sure that the PR folks came up with their rule because political discussions can get very heated/ugly.  I'm surprised that they've pretty much ignored the political thread rule up until now.  That thread must have gotten very personal.

matt

Starter

#7 : January 13, 2008, 10:09:12 AM

Don't quote me on this, but I believe in the past the rationale for not allowing political discussion was as follows: Politics by their very nature are controversial and confrontational. Discussion of them can lead to personal attacks which lead to complaints to the moderators. If JF and SR are spending too much time policing political threads, it takes time away from when they could be working on reports/columns. I wouldn't mind being able to discuss politics here, but I can't say I disagree with there reasons for banning it.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 13, 2008, 10:17:35 AM

Question: How would they lose money to a non-subscriber like yourself?

I use to subscribe until I let my subsription run out. Then I was in the process of moving, and now finally settled down I was going to subscribe until I see post on politics are banned where I saw no reason for them to be banned. So I decided to go with scout.com. Ill subscribe when they decide to let us talk politics again.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 13, 2008, 10:19:34 AM

I'm sure that the PR folks came up with their rule because political discussions can get very heated/ugly. I'm surprised that they've pretty much ignored the political thread rule up until now. That thread must have gotten very personal.

I guess they will let one troll (everyone knows who it is) ruin it for 90% of us who can have a civilized debate. How sad, no wonder many of the long time posters are gone or hardly post on here anymore.

If you dont like politics dont click on post that say (NH Debates, Obama, I hate Bush)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 13, 2008, 10:25:00 AM

Sadly for me, I've actually learned a little about the election based on the postings here (Buc Buckeye is a smart dude).  Maybe I ought to visit other websites to get educated on US politics.

Another note, I wouldn't threaten withholding my renewal based on what's posted on the Pirates Cove. I get my money's worth from the podcasts, insider articles.

matt

Starter

#11 : January 13, 2008, 10:30:39 AM

RedState.com is a good, conservative site to get political news and commentary.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 13, 2008, 10:32:11 AM

Sadly for me, I've actually learned a little about the election based on the postings here (Buc Buckeye is a smart dude). Maybe I ought to visit other websites to get educated on US politics.

Another note, I wouldn't threaten withholding my renewal based on what's posted on the Pirates Cove. I get my money's worth from the podcasts, insider articles.

well you value articles a lot. I value the interaction with other Buc fans, more then spending money for an article. Personally I find college football recruiting more valueable insider information then who the Bucs may go after in FA, who we may draft, etc. PR does a great job and overall run a great site. But the reason I like this "place" is because of the forums and the people on it.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 13, 2008, 10:33:06 AM

RedState.com is a good, conservative site to get political news and commentary.

so is a million other sites.

matt

Starter

#14 : January 13, 2008, 10:41:59 AM

Sadly for me, I've actually learned a little about the election based on the postings here (Buc Buckeye is a smart dude). Maybe I ought to visit other websites to get educated on US politics.

well you value articles a lot. I value the interaction with other Buc fans, more then spending money for an article. Personally I find college football recruiting more valueable insider information then who the Bucs may go after in FA, who we may draft, etc. PR does a great job and overall run a great site. But the reason I like this "place" is because of the forums and the people on it.

I disagree with college football recruiting insider information being more valuable, but that is most likely because of my physical location. I literally live less than two miles from the Big House and there are SEVERAL places where I can get my recruiting information. As a Bucs fan in Michigan, the options are quite limited. PR does a FANTASTIC job providing unbiased reporting on the Bucs. I read a comment earlier this morning about Buc fans who don't live in the Tampa market tend to be a lot less negative about the team, and I believe that is much to the credit of the staff here at PR. From time to time I do listen to WDAE and read about the Bucs in the Tampa Tribune and St. Pete Times, but it is a lot easier to filter out the negativity when you have to go out of your way to see it.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Pewter Report Just a Fair Question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools