Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Pewter Report Just a Fair Question « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : January 13, 2008, 10:44:06 AM

RedState.com is a good, conservative site to get political news and commentary.

Thanks. I believe that was for me.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 13, 2008, 12:07:31 PM

Politics and religion tends to bring out alot of name calling and biased attacks and we're just talking about a message board, think about all the riots and wars that get started over those two topics where people are willing to KILL each other for their opinion.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 13, 2008, 12:14:23 PM

Politics and religion tends to bring out alot of name calling and biased attacks and we're just talking about a message board,

ironic.....

do you ever really read your own words?

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 13, 2008, 12:19:57 PM

Do you even realize what a snot nosed lil punk you are?? And yes I read my words verrrrrry carefully, and it's too bad if you don't understand any of it but I'm sure you've had that problem all through school as well.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 13, 2008, 12:24:00 PM

^^^^ there's your answer as to why politics discussions arent allowed^^^^^^

i remember when they were and of course there were people constantly doing that ^^^^ but there were a lot of very intelligent well informed posts.

If you're going to outlaw politics then you might as well do religion, sex, drugs, music, college football.... they all bring out the same passion and arguments that politics do.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 13, 2008, 12:27:16 PM

If you are referring to me Krazy you may as well go ahead and blame me for all the political & religious wars going on around the world, that got started by someone saying & doing waaaaaay worse than anything that was said on here.  ::)

To me it's the Bush followers and Republicans in general that sit on their high horses or ivory towers and try and pass judgement on everyone else, and if someone tries to crack a joke or make a comment against their opponent all hell breaks loose & the name calling & accusations begin flying.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 13, 2008, 12:30:15 PM

If you are referring to me Krazy you may as well go ahead and blame me for all the political & religious wars going on around the world, that got started by someone saying & doing waaaaaay worse than anything that was said on here. ::)

i wasnt referring toyou.... but to the pointless argument between you & schultz.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 13, 2008, 12:35:03 PM

I hate to interrupt all the righteous indignation about supposedly being unable to post political stuff but the thread linked below is definitely political and has survived since 1/7 ..... The thread in question was obviously not deleted solely on the fact that it was political.

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=18687.0

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 13, 2008, 12:36:32 PM

Schultz just frustrates and disappoints me because there are so many kids his age I come across that are polite, respectful, responsible, likeable people(my nephews & their friends are good examples); and he makes a bad name for those his age and I assume it's because he wasn't raised right.  

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 13, 2008, 01:05:28 PM

Schultz just frustrates and disappoints me because there are so many kids his age I come across that are polite, respectful, responsible, likeable people(my nephews & their friends are good examples); and he makes a bad name for those his age and I assume it's because he wasn't raised right.  

Krazy is right.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 13, 2008, 01:14:07 PM

Well good for Krazy, and if certain people would just shut their mouths and quit instigating things we wouldn't be talking about all this.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 13, 2008, 01:18:40 PM

Sadly for me, I've actually learned a little about the election based on the postings here (Buc Buckeye is a smart dude).  Maybe I ought to visit other websites to get educated on US politics.

Buc Buckeye can really piss me off! :-) But I too have learned stuff from him (as well as from others)
and hope it continues. Just wish he wasn't so wordy!

Politics and religion tends to bring out alot of name calling and biased attacks and we're just talking about a message board, think about all the riots and wars that get started over those two topics where people are willing to KILL each other for their opinion.

We kind of all started posting political stuff a while ago. It was heated at times but the personal
attacks were kept to a minimum and we were self moderated. I think the mods saw that we
could discuss politics without all the nonsense and they decided to let it go. Everything was
fine.

Recent posts have once again gotten out of hand. And I think we all know what has changed
recently.

Add to that, Abucs posted a few days ago, "I thought politics was banned?" and the next day,
most of the posts were gone. He probably did us a favor. I don't think the posts were banned
because of the politics. If you remember those posts, they had deteriorated to bickering and
personal attacks. I remember Buc Buckeye writing an interesting response to another poster's
remarks. Buc was asking tough questions but was not attacking. The response he received
contained the word, "idiot."

You can look within this thread to see some of the bickering that has returned.

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 13, 2008, 01:52:38 PM

Joe you & Buckeye are just as much to blame for the bickering and name calling back and forth as I was(cause you just couldn't let it go & allow things to calm down), and if we were in a country where they do fight over such things as politics you would've had a car bomber ram through both your livingrooms already. ::)

tim111762

Second String
#28 : January 13, 2008, 01:57:28 PM

Do you even realize what a snot nosed lil punk you are?? And yes I read my words verrrrrry carefully, and it's too bad if you don't understand any of it but I'm sure you've had that problem all through school as well.

haha were not even capable of having a discussion about discussing politics without the name calling.  amazing...

Pirate Zone

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 13, 2008, 02:01:52 PM

Oh we can discuss politics rationally as long as EVERYONE is allowed their say and opinion no matter what it is, without having to justify anything to those who think they are political experts because they watch CNN or read Time magazine.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hey Pewter Report Just a Fair Question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools