Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons should flip Vick off « previous next »
Page: 1

original

Pro Bowler

: November 27, 2006, 02:06:01 PM

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6212364

Just a read from a national writer that gave me a nice feeling on a bad year for the Bucs.  I just hope JR Mora keeps his faith in Vick.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 27, 2006, 02:28:45 PM

I was just going to post this. Great article.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#2 : November 27, 2006, 03:14:59 PM

Do you have Itching, tingling, or burning sensation of the skin then you need Zovirax! Just ask Ron!  :D

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 27, 2006, 04:02:32 PM

i know it's vick and i dont really care for him...but his receivers weren't helping him AT ALL yesterday...yeah he was 9-24, but it should have been more like 14-24...he did his job yesterday,  you cant expect the guy to run down and catch his pass 2 ya know...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 27, 2006, 04:32:08 PM

Can't cry too much about Vick's WR's.

4.2% of all Manning's (the good one) passes get dropped
4.5% of all Vick's passes get dropped.
5.2% of all Brady's passes dropped.
5.8% of Gradkowski's passes get dropped.

I will take a stab in the dark at this and say that Delhomme has a pretty high percentage of his passes dropped.

gone

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 27, 2006, 07:47:42 PM

THe only way to combat drops is with consistency.  Vick is not a good enough passer to overcome any mistakes by his recievers.  Take a look at Dal's stats posted above.  The reason Vicks (and Grads') drops hurt so much is because they aren't getting it done on the other attempts.  Blaming drops isn't valid except in the occasional one per.  But even if they had all been caught, he'd have been at 13/24.  That wouldn't have won it.  He's awful in the RZ, so even had those drives survived they would more likey end in 3 or 0 instead of 7.  You don't pay a guy 130 mil to put up a 70 PR and 51% completion.  He's not getting it done, and he didn't get it done yesterday.  How many dumb mistakes did he make yesterday?  How many awful throws?  But you're blaming the loss on those drops by his recievers and not his problems...

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 27, 2006, 04:53:28 PM

i know it's vick and i dont really care for him...but his receivers weren't helping him AT ALL yesterday...yeah he was 9-24, but it should have been more like 14-24...he did his job yesterday,  you cant expect the guy to run down and catch his pass 2 ya know...
Funny how being 9/24 with 4 drops and he did a "good job"
In Wash Grads was 14/21? with 4 drops and he supposedly sucked.

Drop happens. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 27, 2006, 07:00:53 PM

Can't cry too much about Vick's WR's.

4.2% of all Manning's (the good one) passes get dropped
4.5% of all Vick's passes get dropped.
5.2% of all Brady's passes dropped.
5.8% of Gradkowski's passes get dropped.

can someone post this on the Falcons MB? I got booted from there a while ago but would post this if I could.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 27, 2006, 07:32:37 PM

i never said grads sucked...his decision making isnt the greatest...but when your man is wide open and drops the damn ball...i know we suffer from this to and it's frustrating...but the falcons could have won that game if it weren't for the drops...drive killers man...drive killers

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons should flip Vick off « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools