Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2006, 08:14:32 PM

Chris Simms, TB Nov. 25 - 6:37 pm et

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Chris Simms' stock within the Bucs organization is rising due to the struggles of Bruce Gradkowski.
Mortensen says Gradkowski's arm is showing wear and tear and Tampa will make a strong bid to re-sign Simms, who can be an unrestricted free agent in the offseason. We suspect Simms would be given a chance to compete to start with Gradkowski side-by-side during 2007 training camp and may be the early favorite to secure the starting post.

Source: ESPN Insider

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 25, 2006, 08:19:21 PM

this offseason is going to be fun

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 25, 2006, 08:21:56 PM

I like Simms.   I do hope we sign him.

bucswin5540

Second String

#3 : November 25, 2006, 08:23:20 PM

They better re-sign Simms. Gradkowski is horrible! He can't find the wide open receivers and when he does, he can't deliver the ball. I don't care if he is a rookie. Professional quarterbacks should not consistently miss wide open receivers. I have no idea what Gruden sees in this bum.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 25, 2006, 08:29:33 PM

I have no idea what Gruden sees in this bum.

New in town?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 25, 2006, 08:33:47 PM

We've been complaining about Bruce not being able to throw the long ball.   It does seem that he can throw long passes, but it appears it's tearing his arm up at the same time.   Simms can throw deep all day with no problem.   

bucswin5540

Second String

#6 : November 25, 2006, 08:37:02 PM

DanTurksGhost: I am new to this board. However, I am a season ticket holder of 10 years and yes I believe Gradkowski will not be a great NFL QB. His play is very similar to that of Shawn King who mind you was a second round pick. Where is Shawn King now? He is playing softball in a rec league in St. Petersburg. Gradkowski will be his second baseman in the near future.

#7 : November 25, 2006, 08:39:33 PM

DanTurksGhost: I am new to this board. However, I am a season ticket holder of 10 years and yes I believe Gradkowski will not be a great NFL QB. His play is very similar to that of Shawn King who mind you was a second round pick. Where is Shawn King now? He is playing softball in a rec league in St. Petersburg. Gradkowski will be his second baseman in the near future.
it's Shaun, draft status is about as efficiant a determiner of talent as wingspan in soccer, and welcome to the board

#8 : November 25, 2006, 08:40:53 PM

I'm one of those big Simms guys who just got on with Bruce...Honestly I like both, I think Bruce fits the offense well, but I think Chris' skillset will be widely targeted by others, so if we do bring him back...cool, just more comp for Bruce. If not then best of luck to him and I'd be fine with rolling with B-Gra

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 25, 2006, 08:43:34 PM

Well, if you don't know what Gruden sees in Gradkowski, I was assuming you've never seen a Gruden press conference or interview before.

#10 : November 25, 2006, 08:45:36 PM

Well, if you don't know what Gruden sees in Gradkowski, I was assuming you've never seen a Gruden press conference or interview before.
if he thinks Bruce is horrible it's obvious he's never seen some actually bad QBs play before

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 25, 2006, 08:48:24 PM

if he thinks Bruce is horrible it's obvious he's never seen some actually bad QBs play before

He did if he saw the first three games this season.

#12 : November 25, 2006, 08:49:47 PM

He did if he saw the first three games this season.
I laughed, but your going to get it if a certain poster sees this....

also just because this stat is so great ..coming into Thanksgiving
Romo = 8 TDs, 5 INTs
Bruce = 9 TDs, 4 INTs

bucswin5540

Second String

#13 : November 25, 2006, 08:54:28 PM

Simms sucked this year too. However, he is a much better passer than Gradkowski. Gruden is a horrible talent evaluator.

bucswin5540

Second String

#14 : November 25, 2006, 08:58:03 PM

If your are trying to compare Bruce to Romo, get real. Bruce is no where near the QB Romo is. Bruce is an supposed to be a professional QB. Gruden raves about Bruce's accuracy coming out of college. Where has that accuracy been in the pros? Our di**CENSORED**able Gruden led offense always produces 60% plus completion percentages. We always throw short of the sticks and hit Pitmann for a 2 to 3 yard gain. Bruce can't even muster 60% in this vanilla offense.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools