Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

« #15 : November 26, 2006, 07:59:32 PM »

If I'm Jon, then yes.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #16 : November 26, 2006, 08:05:30 PM »

Forget it Redtab. People hate grads here, blame him for the losses and look back to the "good ole' days of Simms. Because, empirical evidince aside, they just think he was far better and Grads sux. The fact that a rookie is outplaying him just makes them squeeze their eyes shut all the harder...

maybe so....but Id rather take 6 int's over a 7 game period then i would 6 in a game (he wasnt called chrissy for nothing!!)

and besides I HATE SIMMS...I would rather take the worst QB in the league than i would to see Bucs re-sign simms....all he did was whine like a girl....not to say I could do better by anymeans, or I would be out there suited up, but as a fans perspective.....I HATE SIMMS!!!
 OK, you are out of this argument all together.  Whined?? While he got the crap--& the spleen--beat out of him? He almost won that freaking game & the D lost it. Can you play football? And get your ass beat? And he brought us back to win games last year & won the division. You have no more credibility at all. I don't like Bruce, but I would never say what you said. So rather having the worst qb in the league means you don't care if the Bucs win. That's just crap.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #17 : November 26, 2006, 08:05:44 PM »

C'mon now Redtab, you had me on your side until you went on your I hate Simms tirade. Simms was good for the team last season and despite his crappy showing the first three games, he played his heart out against Carolina. Just stick to the facts and you get support around here.

As for Grad looking lost, both Vince and Matt have their deer in headlights games as well.

Edit: Simms played three games this season, my bad

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #18 : November 26, 2006, 08:08:16 PM »

He only played 3--sucked in 2 & a half. Should have won Car. Redtab, you are a jerk. And apparently not a true Buc fan.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #19 : November 26, 2006, 08:09:28 PM »

I just do not understand how you can watch Brucie & think wow, he's just....not too bad. That does not inspire anybody! It's more than just numbers. He pretty much looks lost out there. And if I'm not starting the threads, that means I'm not alone in my opinion. Even if Chris goes elsewhere, I do not want to see Grads out there. If Jon's job is on the line next year, do you think he puts it in Grads hands?
Actually he looks more in command than Simms ever did.  A LOT more.  Simms looked lost except when he got a chance to chuck it deep.  No understanding of the scheme, no idea of what defense he faced, rarely changed the plays.  He had nothing other than an arm.
Bruce is lacking in the tools, but some of that can be addressed.  He has some confusion moments, but nowhere near what Chris had.  And none of the idiot, yes, idiot, mistakes Chris had.  Bruce has made some poor throws that got ints.  Chris made poor decisions that got ints.  Jury's still out on Brice, he's got the mental part CLEARLY, (odd he looks lost to you but almost nobody else).  It's the physical part that is questionable.  Can he get the deep ball, a stronger arm?  Thats the issue with the guy, not his grasp of the O.
Bruce is a rookie, and some ints are expected.  Simms wasn't and those dumbass ints aren't excusable.  I know the SimmsJockRider club like to blame those on gru, but Chris is the one who decided to keep the play, who made the throw.
Anyone remember the phrase for Browning Nagle?  "the Million dollar arm and the 10 cent brain".  That's Chris right now.  He has a major hurdle in that.  MAybe he can overcome it, but that's less likely than a rookie QB improving his accuracy...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #20 : November 26, 2006, 08:13:14 PM »

Believe me I am not the only member of the" Bruce sucks" club. Quite a few around me at games. No dumb mistakes? A 29.9 passer rating is brilliant!

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #21 : November 26, 2006, 08:14:45 PM »

dont get me wrong here, Im all about the Bucs.....and what Im saying about Grads is that if you were to train him similar to what others get, then yeah if he dosent do good boot him.......

about the Simms rant.......something just dosnt rub me right with him, when I watch him play, he dosent get the ball over the line of scrimmage  15% of the time, then when he does, he throws it to the wrong player........

Im sure every QB out there has thier strenghts and weaknesses, but to me, what I saw in SIMMS was 60% weak....when you look at him comming over to the sidelines, he looked so upset everytime...

as with ANY sport goes....you dont reflect on what you did wrong, but what you can do better next time.....and when you look at the face of Grads when he messes up and he is comming over to see JON while getting his butt handed to him, he nods and agrees with whatever the coach is telling him....he just looks so optimistic about situations...

go back and read threads about the ime when SIMMS was in, and read what people were saying about him then....

everybody has thier favorite thing that they see in any given player, as well as what they dont like......I dont get on here and knock others for hating on Grads, or JG,    I just state my opinion of Chrissy

and yes Karen, I did play in High school, and coach for 2 of my 3 boys now

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

« #22 : November 26, 2006, 08:15:39 PM »

Believe me I am not the only member of the" Bruce sucks" club. Quite a few around me at games. No dumb mistakes? A 29.9 passer rating is brilliant!
2.3 INTs a game....BRILLIANT

I'm not the only member of 'realistic yet educated'club either

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #23 : November 26, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »

He only played 3--sucked in 2 & a half. Should have won Car. Redtab, you are a jerk. And apparently not a true Buc fan.

how am I a jerk and not a "true Bucs fan"   when all Im doing is stating my opinion?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #24 : November 26, 2006, 08:18:14 PM »

Only an ass would call him a baby or Chrissy after that Car game. Because you said you'd rather have the worse qb in the league than Chris.  You said you just hated him which is just stupid. And if they do resign him? Will you live?

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #25 : November 26, 2006, 08:19:42 PM »

Only an ass would call him a baby or Chrissy after that Car game.

but it was ok before the game???

I never said the boy dosent have heart, that he does.....but skill?  no way, not in my opinion

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #26 : November 26, 2006, 08:23:03 PM »

First of all, you can compare Grads to Leinart and Young all you want, but who would YOU rather have?  After watching Young bring the Titans back in the fashion he did, after hearing about Leinart throwing for over 400 yards in a loss...?

Grads is our QB, and that is fine.  Watching him, there are more questions to him than just deep ball accuracy, but arm strength in general, and his accuracy seems a bit off.  He is small, and short, and is basically only good in J Gruds west coast offense.  So if Gruden leaves, or is fired as many of the Tampa Bay area is speculating, we are stuck with Grads to run what?  Another anemic offensive attack?  These comparisons are fine and dandy, but they do nothing to tell me that he is the future.  He just doesn't seem to have the fire that Leinart or Young have, and that is very critical to a QB.  

Yes I know, he is a rook.  But he is not what I see as the future starter, and I think Gruden, if given a chance, will seek help elsewhere.  He is STUCK with Grads right now, he has no other choice.  Rattay is a bum, and McCown has been heralded but has a knee issue that we are all aware of.  

WE will see soon enough.  All this specualtion is driving me INSANE.  For a few minutes, I thought GRads was the man, but his knocks in college are the same knocks he has as a pro.  I doubt he can fix his range issue, or his arm strength.  He is what he is.

« #27 : November 26, 2006, 08:24:34 PM »

yes because throwing for 400 yards = success, in that same game Brad got 280...who won?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #28 : November 26, 2006, 08:28:31 PM »

Boid, you speak the truth. Are you the only one here that understands what I'm saying? He's not the LEAST bit exciting. I NEVER think "he's gonna bring us back & win this game."

jtwright

Starter
« #29 : November 26, 2006, 08:28:49 PM »

I am with Boid.  The question with Bruce is not so much how he is doing, pretty well for a 6th round rookie, but does he have to tools to continue to develop?

Usually higher draft picks have those tools and can develop into solid quarterbacks, but even they fail (Leaf).  

With Bruce, it is a question of  how much better he can get with his tools (especially lack of arm strength).
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: interesting « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools